Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Girgensons out for season (torn hamstring). ☹️

bummer. I thought he played his role very well in Krueger’s system. I feel bad for Girgensons. He loves it in Buffalo and I know (from articles and interviews) that he was super excited for this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://theathletic.com/2316763/2021/01/11/sharks-evander-kane-bankruptcy/
‘Sharks’ Evander Kane files for bankruptcy with $26.8 million of debt’

San Jose Sharks left winger Evander Kane. Despite signing a seven-year, $49 million contract extension in 2018, Kane filed for Chapter 7 in the federal bankruptcy court in the California city of his team.

The filling detailed liabilities of $26.8 million and assets — largely three homes — of $10.2 million. And the filing included a note that warns he may not even play this year.

The complaint listed nine lawsuits, court actions, and administrative proceedings with lenders, six of which are active. The largest is with Centennial Bank, which filed a lawsuit last week against Kane and the Sharks seeking $8.3 million.

Kane in his petition lists his income as negative $91.131.13 a month).

The petition also listed seven dependents, all as living with him: his 6-month-old daughter, his sister, 27, his uncle, 54, his mother, 55, another uncle, 59, his father, 60, and his grandmother, 77. 

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's a big Vegas guy, ain't he?

I think so. From the article:

Last year, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas settled a lawsuit against Kane for unpaid gambling bills. According to the Chapter 7 petition, in the last 12 months, he lost $1.5 million gambling.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Skinner back in the doghouse already. He didn’t last long with Staal.

Seems clear there’s some type of disconnect between him and Krueger. 

I think Olofsson brings next to nothing to 5 on 5 play.  This Skinner deal will go down as an absolute disaster unless Krueger can get something out of him.  I find it hard to believe that one of the league's best scorers the past few years just forgot how to play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.