Minnesota Police disbanded

26 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Your a fu**ing racist aren't you? 

This will be fun. Can you even define racism? Your usage tells me you have no actual clue what you're even talking about. Tell me what racism is, please, before we continue. 

No cheating. No looking it up. You tell me based on your understanding. What is racism, and how I am being an example of that?

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do it Minneapolis and be the guinea pig for the rest of the country/world.  We'll see that it still won't help improve the situation for black people, but at least it will be one fewer talking point.

Great demonstration of the #1 priority of the non-oppressed — "please stop making me hear about it."

Doc would you mind jumping in the "One Buffalo" video thread and signing up?

3 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Can you even define racism?

This is incredible folks. After only one day of rest after his incredible threepeat win of the “Ironic Post of the Day” award @GregPersons come roaring back to score big again winning the “Ironic Post of the Day” award.  And the crowd goes wild. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GregPersons said:

Minnesota isn't eliminating the rule of law. The idea is that the emergency services supplied by the police can & will be replaced with more effective methods.

You are right that community policing is a lot of work and a lot of effort, but as you also note, it is very overdue.

You do realize that local police forces are designed and overseen by local communities? The Federal Government and even the State have very little oversight on requirements/ training/ budget of police departments. The very reason for local authorities to be in charge of the police force is to have local people responsible and accountable for the results. The goal is community policing.

There are more than 17,000 state and local law enforcement agencies in the United States, ranging in size from one officer to more than 30,000. Many of these are municipal police departments operated by local governments.

Local Police includes municipal, county, tribal, and regional police that derive authority from the local governing body that created it. There is no federal standard requirement to be a municipal police officer. Each municipality is responsible for setting those standards for its own police force.The primary purpose is to uphold the laws of the jurisdiction, provide patrol, and investigate local crimes.

This would mean that the mayors of Minneapolis and it's City Council are responsible for the actions and outcomes of it's police force. If the Minneapolis Police force has a tainted record, and 'bad cops' are allowed to continue being employed, then it is on the Mayor and City Council. Chauvin had 15-17 prior complaints (varies by outlet). Obviously he was a problem and a 'bad cop'.

Let's look at all the 'racist, NAZI, Conservative' mayors (to use your terms) who have been in charge of Minneapolis who have allowed the Minneapolis PD to become corrupt and abuse its power:

41 Albert Hofstede January 1, 1974 December 31, 1975 Democratic Farmer Labor
42 Charles Stenvig January 1, 1976 December 31, 1977 Independent
43 Albert Hofstede January 1, 1978 December 31, 1979 Democratic Farmer Labor
44 Donald M. Fraser January 1, 1980 December 31, 1993 Democratic Farmer Labor
45 Sharon Sayles Belton January 1, 1994 December 31, 2001 Democratic Farmer Labor
46 R. T. Rybak January 1, 2002 December 31, 2013 Democratic Farmer Labor
47 Betsy Hodges January 1, 2014 January 2, 2018 Democratic Farmer Labor
48 Jacob Frey January 2, 2018   Democratic Farmer Labor

Hmmm 46 strait years without a 'racist, NAZI' in the bunch. What a conundrum....

Obviously the City Council must be dictating how the mayor handles this situation, it must be full of racist, NAZI conservatives, right?

Ward Name Neighborhoods Party
1 Kevin Reich Audubon Park, Columbia Park, Como, Holland, Logan Park, Marshall Terrace, Northeast Park, Waite Park, Windom Park. DFL
2 Cam Gordon Cedar-Riverside, Como, Cooper, Longfellow, Prospect Park, Seward, University Green
3 Steve Fletcher Beltrami, Bottineau, Downtown East, Downtown West, Marcy Holmes, Nicollet Island/East Bank, North Loop, St. Anthony East, St. Anthony West, Sheridan DFL
4 Phillipe Cunningham Cleveland, Folwell, Jordan, Lind-Bohanon, Shingle Creek, Victory, Webber-Camden DFL
5 Jeremiah Ellison Harrison, Hawthorne, Jordan, Near North, North Loop, Sumner-Glenwood, Willard-Hay DFL
6 Abdi Warsame Cedar-Riverside, Elliot Park, Phillips West, Seward, Stevens Square, Ventura Village DFL
7 Lisa Goodman Bryn Mawr, Cedar-Isles-Dean, Downtown West, East Isles, Elliot Park, Kenwood, Loring Park, Lowry Hill, Stevens Square DFL
8 Andrea Jenkins Bancroft, Bryant, Central, Field, King Field, Lyndale, Northrop, Regina DFL
9 Alondra Cano Central, Corcoran, East Phillips, Longfellow, Midtown Phillips, Powderhorn Park DFL
10 Lisa Bender Carag, East Calhoun, East Harriet, Lowry Hill East, Whittier DFL
11 Jeremy Schroeder Diamond Lake, Hale, Keewaydin, Northrop, Page, Tangletown, Wenonah, Windom DFL
12 Andrew Johnson Ericsson, Hiawatha, Howe, Keewaydin, Minnehaha, Morris Park, Standish DFL
13 Linea Palmisano Armatage, East Harriet, Fulton, Kenny, Linden Hills, Lynnhurst, West Calhoun DFL

Well I am confused. Not a Republican among them.

How then did the Minneapolis PD become so bad under the 'benevolent watch' of the Democrat Party for 46 years?

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Every conservative on this board insists they "aren't a conservative." 

They're libertarian. Or classical liberal.

They're not nazis. They just happen to ... yada yada yada. 

I don't care what you aren't. Say what you are.

Oh, I very much do. And I love that you cannot possibly conceive of how it is a very good idea.  All the Chicken Littles, I'm very much here for you. Please, please... show us your fear, you little chickadees. Tell us how badly you need the police. Tell me what you think they do.

LOL WTF?!?!?

Unashamed conservative and unabashed supporter of Donald Trump here - and I aint even American.

Genuinely unsure as to what you are trying to prove - is it that you're smarter than the rest of us?

• Like (+1) 1

By the way - Sky News Australia just reported on Friday that of the 25 states that imposed curfews due to looting and rioting - 24 of them had a Democrat governor. Only Florida had a Republican governor.

Damn you facts and figures!

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GregPersons said:
47 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Your a fu**ing racist aren't you? 

This will be fun. Can you even define racism? Your usage tells me you have no actual clue what you're even talking about. Tell me what racism is, please, before we continue. 

No cheating. No looking it up. You tell me based on your understanding. What is racism, and how I am being an example of that?

Took your handlers a bit of time figuring a response didn't it? I don't have to look it up, because by your very actions and comments claiming your superior intelligence you've proven you are.

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Took your handlers a bit of time figuring a response didn't it? I don't have to look it up, because by your very actions and comments claiming your superior intelligence you've proven you are.

Hope this response time works better for you. Did you think I didn't notice you dodge my question? Why are all of you so cowardly? 

Can you even define racism? Your usage tells me you have no actual clue what you're even talking about. Tell me what racism is, please, before we continue. 

28 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Great demonstration of the #1 priority of the non-oppressed — "please stop making me hear about it."

Doc would you mind jumping in the "One Buffalo" video thread and signing up?

I felt the same way about the Russian hoax.  I heard the left claiming there was evidence of it and how Trump was going to do down and how great it was going to be for them...and then it fizzled.  But you do bring up a good point: they're still yammering on about how it's really true.

Just now, Doc said:

I felt the same way about the Russian hoax.  I heard the left claiming there was evidence of it and how Trump was going to do down and how great it was going to be for them...and then it fizzled.  But you do bring up a good point: they're still yammering on about how it's really true.

So with that comparison, are you saying racism is also a hoax that people just keep yammering about?

While GregParsons is crafting his reply, I thought I would look at another city that had a public outcry and protests sparked due to Police Department activities: Baltimore

Since only conservatives can be racist in his world view, then only they would condone such behaviors and not reform the police or hold them accountable. We must see a lot of those 'racist, NAZI, conservatives' (his words) in charge of Baltimore. Nope 53 years of uninterrupted Democrat control and oversight.

How does this keep happening Greg?

43 Thomas D'Alesandro III 1967 1971 1   Democratic Did not run for reelection.
44 William D. Schaefer 1971 1987 4   Democratic Baltimore's longest-serving mayor. Resigned following his election as governor.
45 Clarence H. Burns 1987 1987 Partial   Democratic City Council President. First African-American mayor of Baltimore. Succeeded to the mayoralty following Schaefer's resignation. Lost reelection to a full term.
46 Kurt Schmoke 1987 1999 3   Democratic First African-American elected Mayor of Baltimore. Did not run for reelection in 1999.
47 Martin O'Malley 1999 2007 2   Democratic Resigned following his election as governor.
48 Sheila Dixon 2007 2010 Partial   Democratic City Council President. First female Mayor of Baltimore and first female elected Mayor of Baltimore. Succeeded to the mayoralty following O'Malley's resignation. Elected to a full term in 2007. Resigned from office in January 2010.
49 Stephanie Rawlings-Blake 2010 2016 1 12   Democratic City Council President. Succeeded to the mayoralty following Dixon's resignation. Elected to a full term in 2011. Did not run for reelection in 2016.
50 Catherine Pugh 2016 2019 Partial   Democratic Resigned from office May 2, 2019. [1]
51 Jack Young 2019 Incumbent Partial  

Democratic

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

So with that comparison, are you saying racism is also a hoax that people just keep yammering about?

Nope, just the belief that getting rid of the cops will make things better for black people.  If it works, great, I'll admit I was wrong and you can tell me "I told you so."

30 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Well I am confused. Not a Republican among them.

How then did the Minneapolis PD become so bad under the 'benevolent watch' of the Democrat Party for 46 years?

You seem confused about a few things.

To the first part of your post — are you suggesting policing is already working fine as it is, then? What is your point exactly with this information? 

To the quoted part — I love that this is how you guys define everything. You have to have binary. Dunno how many times I've said this. Racism isn't exclusive to Republicans! They definitely love racism more aggressively than Democrats, but that does not mean Democrats are not also racist.

This is a much larger problem than small minds can handle, and since the problem can't be shrunk, you're going to have to work harder on expanding your mind.

16 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Hope this response time works better for you. Did you think I didn't notice you dodge my question? Why are all of you so cowardly? 

Can you even define racism? Your usage tells me you have no actual clue what you're even talking about. Tell me what racism is, please, before we continue. 

you never answered the original accusation, THIS doesn't work with me

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

See you have it wrong AGAIN!  You’re the one pointing the accusatory finger at us all. YOU are the one who should define racists and racism. From there you can then move to how you’ve come to the definitive conclusion that we are racists. 

We shall wait.....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Nope, just the belief that getting rid of the cops will make things better for black people.  If it works, great, I'll admit I was wrong and you can tell me "I told you so."

I get no satisfaction from saying "I told you so" and I'm extremely tired of it.  Your first sentence tells me you don't understand the issue anyway.

57 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I get no satisfaction from saying "I told you so" and I'm extremely tired of it.  Your first sentence tells me you don't understand the issue anyway.

I understand it far better than "getting rid of the police is the only problem black people face."  Again listen to Shelby Steele.

Edited by Doc

@Cingaand @Chef Jim since you're both addressing me on this, but neither answering the question.

This is not a difficult prompt. And you've already spoken your thoughts on it. Let's make sure we're on the same page with our words.

Define racism. Tell me what a racist is.

Very very very simple. I can do it for you; I already have. It's not new information. But it does seem to be subjective, somehow .So, just go ahead and define this for us first.

Just now, Doc said:

I understand it far better than "getting rid of the police is the only problem black people face."  Again listen to Sheldon Steele.

So in other words, you don't understand.

3 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

@Cingaand @Chef Jim since you're both addressing me on this, but neither answering the question.

This is not a difficult prompt. And you've already spoken your thoughts on it. Let's make sure we're on the same page with our words.

Define racism. Tell me what a racist is.

Very very very simple. I can do it for you; I already have. It's not new information. But it does seem to be subjective, somehow .So, just go ahead and define this for us first.

You have not defined racism. Your definition of racism is “see him?  That man over there. Yes that one not protesting. That one in the MAGA hat. Yes him!!  That’s racism defined!”  ?

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1