Killed by police

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

You said tonight before, so the morning is night time for you?

Yeah, what's this concern with my location? Go ahead and post your address and SSN. If you want to mail a fan letter, DM me or ***** off. 

Just now, GregPersons said:

Yeah, what's this concern with my location? Go ahead and post your address and SSN. If you want to mail a fan letter, DM me or ***** off. 

I would prefer not to get a visit from your Antifa friends.

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

There's no point in engaging with people who start with the position that "because you were born white, you're privileged and part of the problem." So why would any white person possessed of their wits subject themselves to it?

I'm sorry that reality is sometimes difficult. If you're still struggling with concepts like "white privilege" and "systemic racism" — ie, basic history — then yeah, you're not ready for this discussion. There's plenty of ignorant voices already, yours is not needed. Spend time to read, listen, learn.

Or be committed to racism and ***** off. I don't care. There's no middle ground on this.

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I asked once.

You know your posts are still there, right? Go ahead and count the amount of posts you made about my location. Is this the way your brain works? Do you just tell yourself a convenient lie, then easily swallow it? Even when the reality in your face from like 20 minutes ago contradicts it?

Have you ever seen a mental health professional in your entire life? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I'm sorry that reality is sometimes difficult. If you're still struggling with concepts like "white privilege" and "systemic racism" — ie, basic history — then yeah, you're not ready for this discussion. There's plenty of ignorant voices already, yours is not needed. Spend time to read, listen, learn.

Or be committed to racism and ***** off. I don't care. There's no middle ground on this.

You know your posts are still there, right? Go ahead and count the amount of posts you made about my location. Is this the way your brain works? Do you just tell yourself a convenient lie, then easily swallow it? Even when the reality in your face from like 20 minutes ago contradicts it?

Have you ever seen a mental health professional in your entire life? 

No.

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

No.

You might want to look into a consultation. There's a lot of low-cost services, even in rural areas, if you're without insurance. Or don't. Your brain is obviously perfect.

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

Basic history. Mmmm yeah, no. Take your Marxist revisionist critical race theory trash elsewhere. It doesn't hold water to anyone capable of critical thought, only mindless lemmings.

Cool. How did African-Americans come about? Where did they come from? Was it willingly? THEN what happened? Oh yeah? And THEN what?

Are these questions toooo radddicaallll for you? Because they weren't covered in 4th grade?

Edited by GregPersons

4 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

You might want to look into a consultation. There's a lot of low-cost services, even in rural areas, if you're without insurance. Or don't. Your brain is obviously perfect.

Cool. How did African-Americans come about? Where did they come from? Was it willingly? THEN what happened? Oh yeah? And THEN what?

Are these questions toooo radddicaallll for you? Because they weren't covered in 4th grade?

My brain is perfect. Thank you for noticing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

I want to start this thread by saying that I am in 100% agreement that the officers involved in George Floyd’s death should be prosecuted and dealt with accordingly. The video is heinous, and justice should be sought out. I believe almost all Americans believe that to be true. 

ok, so now to the meat of this thread... what are the protests supposed to bring to light? We all can see, and agree that the officers looked to be in the wrong and should have been fired and held accountable. And they have been. They are going on trial for murder... good!

But, is this an issue that is a national epidemic, or is it an isolated incident to promote a political ideology? Are black people being targeted and killed at a higher rate than other races? Or are these rare and infrequent accounts being prostituted out to a far left media to dog whistle communist activists and to play on the emotions of people they want to keep down and dependent?

Now for statistics... black people commit over 50% of the violent crimes in the USA. But almost twice as many white people are killed by the police every year. So, what is the social injustice? Because a random ######ed cop was caught killing a black man on camera, yet twice as many whites are killed by police every year(armed and unarmed... the numbers stay consistent). 

It would seem that the extremely rare killing of an innocent black man is being sensationalized by a media with a political purpose. And no one wants to be labeled racist or insensitive in today’s climate, so we all go along with it and ignore facts. Was Floyd’s death terrible and horrific? Yes, absolutely! We all agree! But is that a commonality with law enforcement country wide? Absolutely not! These riots are insane and meant for only a political purpose. 

But, I expect nothing less from the politics, ideas and groups that supported slavery, segregation, KKK, and Jim Crowe... Dems always trying to keep minorities in their place and keeping the divide. No wonder they all support the riots and want them to keep going, it’s their pay day. It’s quite disgusting

TL/DR.....I am white guy

Edited by TH3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

So guilt for a crime I didn't commit strictly based on where I was born and live?  Nah, not totalitarian at all. 

Oh yes, boo hoo hoo, poor you. How awful to be expected that a citizen know his country's history before he speaks as an expert on it. Yes, very draconian indeed.

3 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Mhm. It might surprise you that I know the history. Don't deny there was wickedness in the past. What I do deny is that I bear any debt or responsibility to you or anyone else for wickedness I didn't participate in.

Subtle, I know. Nuanced, even, wouldn't you say, comrade?

You're so desperate to "win" this conversation and be reaffirmed for your existing beliefs, you're not seeing any kind of complete picture here. You have to make yourself the central character, I wonder if you sometimes struggle to accept that other people are "as real" as you are? Do you sometimes think you're the only real person? I just wonder how these mindsets work, how the logic plays out. 

Do you bear any debt or responsibility to your country, I wonder, comrade? Or no, you don't consider yourself American?  Do you partake in American society at all? Or do you live remotely and fertilize the land with your own *****? Built your own computer and Wifi and the rest? 

Because otherwise, if you were to admit you actually do have some debt & responsibility to your country and to its people... well... seems like that might be hard to square.

Or you can just be honest with everyone and say what you mean. But racists are all cowards. They can't admit to themselves they feel "Black Lives Don't Matter." They have to dodge it. They're afraid of learning. Afraid of admitting they don't know. So instead, like you're demonstrating, the ignorant try to pretend they've got it all figured out. It's less scary that way. Easier, too.

You need your safe spaces. I understand that. When you're ready, there's a world out there.

17 hours ago, WorstTEever81 said:

But, I expect nothing less from the politics, ideas and groups that supported slavery, segregation, KKK, and Jim Crowe... Dems always trying to keep minorities in their place and keeping the divide. No wonder they all support the riots and want them to keep going, it’s their pay day. It’s quite disgusting

This is great. The Democrats of today are the same Democrats that tried destroying the nation in 1860? 

Just because they share share the same name. This is hyper ignorance. Martin King was a Democrat and so was Jefferson Davis, therefore they had the same ideology I guess. Both Democrats! 

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

Other people are real. And they're responsible for themselves, like I'm responsible for myself. If I don't work, I don't eat. It isn't up to you or anyone else to care for me. I don't want it, I don't expect it. In return, I don't acknowledge the right of anyone to expect me to take care of them.  None of my business. 

That's fine and dandy. Again, this seems hard for you to accept but... stay with me here.... this isn't about you. And if you don't intend to learn and you don't intend to help, then you really don't need to add your ignorant voice. Does that make sense? 

2 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

When black leaders are proposing my tax dollars pay 14 TRILLION in reparations, it becomes my business and becomes about me.  So please tell me again how it's not about me. Please.

You're concerned about your tax dollars for reparations?!?!?!? THAT'S YOUR DEFENSE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

I'm guessing you're also concerned about "white genocide" are you?  You racist piece of trash. ***** all the way off and do not reply. 

Edited by GregPersons

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What do the relative numbers of white people and black people killed by police look like when normalized per capita?

According to Fatal Encounters, the database created by former Reno News & Review editor and journalism instructor Burghart (which tracks all deaths resulting from interactions with police), a total of 1,388 people were killed by police in 2015, 318 (23%) of them black, and 560 (40%) of them white. So roughly 23 percent of those killed by any police interaction in 2015 were black and just over 40 percent were white. According to those statistics (adjusted for racial demographics), black people had a 2.7 higher likelihood of being killed by police than whites.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/

Blacks make up 13.4% of the population.  So a smaller absolute number of deaths can mean a larger number of deaths per capita and a larger likelihood.

Hey Hapless,

You are right that, per capita, blacks have a higher probability of being killed by the police. I think statistics are a good starting point for discussions. I had provided this information in another thread and I thought it should go in a specific thread about police killings.

The statistic you provided seems to be the one that is the basis for so much assumption in this country, when there are so many other stats they should be looked at as well. Per capita, black men are disproportionately represented as victims of police killings and more likely to be killed by law enforcement than any other group.

Blacks are also disproportionately represented in other areas of violent crime. They account for:

53% of all murder arrests
29% of all rape arrests
54% of all robbery arrests
34% of all aggravated assult arrests
32% of all other assault arrests
54% of all weapons arrests

92-95% of all killings of blacks

In addition, 38% of all LE Officers killed in the line of duty are killed by blacks.

As you can see, they are disproportionately represented in all these crimes. This is not meant to infer from these stats that there must be something inherently wrong with the black race. That is as ridiculous as arguing that there is something inherently wrong with all of law enforcement because of the stat you initially provided.

The point of this is that it is a statistical fact that blacks are disproportionately represented as both victims and offenders of violent crime, the overwhelming majority of that violence is intra-racial, and the vast majority of violent crime in most cities is in the lower socio-economic areas that also happen to have significant black populations. There are a lot of reasons for this and that is one area we should be having a national discussion on.

When any police department allocates its resources, they allocate them according to need, with the areas having the most violent crime receiving the most resources. So, in effect, a disproportionate amount of law enforcement resources are dedicated to black communities. This is supported by the fact that blacks, per capita, have a greater amount of contact with law enforcement than any other group. This leads to a disproportionate amount of interactions between police and black men, particularly within the context of violent crime, a higher potential for emotionally charged situations, and potential for the escalation of violence.

Young black men are being murdered at a disproportionate rate. In a five year span (2015-2019), over 35,000 black citizens have been murdered. Over 32,000 of those black murder victims were men, mostly young black men. The overwhelming majority of them are killed by other black citizens.

Of those 35,000 murdered, black citizens, approx 95% of those were killed by other black citizens. 1164 (3%) were killed by law enforcement.

Of the over 32,000 of those black men that were murdered, approx 95% were killed by other black men. 1118 ((3%) were killed by law enforcement. 

Each year, over 6,400 black men are murdered and an average of 223 (3%) of them are killed by law enforcement.

SOURCES:

Uniform Crime Reports 2015-2019

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2019-preliminary-semiannual-uniform-crime-report-released-012120

Washington Post Database of people killed by police since 2015:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Police Contacts 

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpp15.pdf

Officers Feloniously Killed from 2009-2018 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2018/home

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You are right that, per capita, blacks have a higher probability of being killed by the police. I think statistics are a good starting point for discussions. I had provided this information in another thread and I thought it should go in a specific thread about police killings.

I appreciate the time you took with your research. There is one fatal flaw here, however. You're relying on statistics about police violence provided from the police, and assuming those are the complete truth. It's a biased source and isn't realistic to expect it to be fully transparent when we know for certain that police have various tactics for disguising numbers.

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I appreciate the time you took with your research. There is one fatal flaw here, however. You're relying on statistics about police violence provided from the police, and assuming those are the complete truth. It's a biased source and isn't realistic to expect it to be fully transparent when we know for certain that police have various tactics for disguising numbers.

The black on black crime numbers seem to show that black lives matter to everyone but blacks.

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

Nah, I'm not concerned about white genocide on the least. What I'm concerned about is angry, intellectually stunted people like you inflicting mass punishment over individual crimes.  Also, if you think your judgement of me will silence me, well you're in for disappointment, buddy.

Oh believe me, it's very clear you're a disappointing person. That much is obvious. 

You're racist. So why is there such a fuss about just admitting it? That's the first step. You know how you can tell you're racist? It bugs you enough to respond like that when it's called out. But you know it's true. You just think you're better at hiding your real feelings than you are; even online you have no poker face. Just say you are racist, and say you don't care about non-white people. Why is that so hard for racists to admit what they obviously feel and demonstrate in their statements & actions? 

"Oh how could I be racist if xyz." Yeah sure whatever you need to tell yourself, but you've already said volumes so far. Don't let silly things like "reality" get in the way of you doing you, my disappointing rolly polly racist buddy.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Troll Toll said:

The black on black crime numbers seem to show that black lives matter to everyone but blacks.

This is a well-worn white supremacist argument. White people want desperately Blacks to be savages; inherently different and sub-human. It would be very convenient for them if that could just be true. 

If white people were genuinely concerned about black on black crime, they would do something more sympathetic than mock it.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Blaming the victims of racial injustice? 

Blaming the perpetrators of black violence.

1 minute ago, GregPersons said:

This is a well-worn white supremacist argument. White people want desperately Blacks to be savages; inherently different and sub-human. It would be very convenient for them if that could just be true. 

If white people were genuinely concerned about black on black crime, they would do something more sympathetic than mock it.

Like support the defunding of law enforcement that keeps it from getting exponentially worse?

6 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Look at you go. I'm so proud of you child. "Anyone who disagrees with me is a racist." This is my it's impossible to take you or anyone who thinks like you seriously.

Hahah. I should've written it down, I knew this was coming. You follow a script like a Teleprompter and you think it's your own thoughts. "Anyone who disagrees with me is racist." What were we disagreeing about, exactly? This came from nowhere, this label?

Nah, bud. You earned it. You have earned the racist badge. I just call it like I see it. Racists like yourself can eat my ***** and go ***** yourself. Keep replying to me with the next part of your attempt to weasel away feeling like you somehow "won" this exchange, you spineless little racist piggy boy. Gimme a little more bacon to fry for the morning coffee. Keep it coming.

8 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Like support the defunding of law enforcement that keeps it from getting exponentially worse?

Sorry, are you suggesting that Cops are somehow a helpful presence for Black people, in Chicago or elsewhere? This is a real thing you truly actually think? Based on...? TV? Movies? Where is your idea of cops being helpful coming from, exactly?

Edited by GregPersons

Have any of you noticed that firemen always seem to be around when there are....wait for it....FIRES?  I remember reading in school that back in the Middle Ages they actually thought rats came from trash because wherever there were piles of trash, there were rats. Blaming police for the problem of inner city crime is nothing short of ludicrous! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

Blacks, yes I see you are blaming blacks. 

You don’t see government violence as a very different issue? State sanctioned violence 

We see a couple cases (at most) of these unjustified police killings a year. There are more policemen that die in the line of duty by far. We see multiple shootings in just Chicago every day. Where are the priorities? 

Those communities need MORE police to get the bad actors off the streets so the many amazing blacks in those communities can thrive. 

46 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Name the racist person?

I'll start with 90% of PPP. Mods should flush this ***** down the toilet.

It could be what you're reading is that there are some very smart people that know voting Democrat or for that "you ain't black" guy is not solving racism.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Sorry, are you suggesting that Cops are somehow a helpful presence for Black people, in Chicago or elsewhere? This is a real thing you truly actually think? Based on...? TV? Movies? Where is your idea of cops being helpful coming from, exactly?

Reality. You may see soon enough if these efforts to defund the police are successful.

8 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Let's start here:

New hires, mandatory four year degree dual major criminal justice and psychology

Mandatory de-escalation training every six months

Every interaction with the public, body cam not on, you are fired

Mandatory racism screen every year

Mandatory psych e v a l every year

Mandatory town halls in the community you patrol

Every use of force requires body cam any at least one other before initiation

Civilian oversight board

No qualified immunity

Thats the BEGINNING.

Why would anyone oppose?

- Law enforcement officers, on average, are more educated than they have ever been

- They are better trained than they have ever been

- They are more diversified than they have ever been

- I believe body cams should be standard.

- The is a standard for the use of deadly force that already exists. Trying to set completely objective standards is unreasonable given we are talking about human beings making, what are often, split-second decisions, based on various criteria and fluid dynamics.

- Almost every police killing is reviewed by outside agencies and every one should be. What I don't believe should happen is leaving the decision on the legitimacy of the actions of the officer in the hands of a civilian review board. I have no problems with such boards existing and working with departments; however, they should not have that authority.

I also think there isn't a group in this country that has tried harder to genuiinely reduce the effects of racism than the law enforcement community.

That doesn't mean that racism doesn't exist in law enforcement. The question is, does it exist to the level of systemic pervasive racism, being alleged, where, as a group, they have no qualms with killing a person, condoning the killing of that person, and actively protect the officer(s) who killed that person as long as that person is black? I personally do not believe that.

The history of racism in this country regarding blacks is all too real and much of it in the not too distant past. Black communities have been suffering for years and years with lack of opportunity, lack of resources, lack of hope, and violent crime spiraling out of control, while politicians on both sides refuse to do anything to actually help. Honestly, the people that are in those communites, every single day, trying to help the people who live there are law enforcement officers.  Anger and frustration is real and where is it easiest for that anger and frustration to manifest? In interactions within the communities with the only ones there who are from outside the community and an easy representative of everything that angers them: law enforcement.

The fact is, there are many reasons that black communities are disproportionately suffering and if you were to honestly list the reasons, law enforcemnent would be no where near the top of that list. Yet, they are the face of the problem. It isn't helped when you see what transpired with George Floyd and other similar disgusting, senseless, violent acts. However, hostilities in the black communities between residents and police go both ways and there is culpability on both sides. And, any aggressive violence on the part of police officers don't represent the entire force any more than aggressive violence on the part of black residents represent the whole community.

I wish this country could engage in real honest dialogue about this. There is enough culpability to go around. However, solutions to the problems cannot begin until there are honest and accurate definitions of those problems - and, unfortunately, nobody wants to look at themselves honestly on either side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

That's fine and dandy. Again, this seems hard for you to accept but... stay with me here.... this isn't about you. And if you don't intend to learn and you don't intend to help, then you really don't need to add your ignorant voice. Does that make sense? 

what are 5 actionable things you would do if you could do anything to fix the problem. Tangible things, not “have a conversation” or something.

I’s just curious if we can get the discussion moving along. 

3 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Reality. You may see soon enough if these efforts to defund the police are successful.

Racists love to speak cryptically like this. Just say what you mean. "I hope to soon legally shoot black people." Why do you guys think your veiled threats are clever? Is it because you're all stupid as *****? 

Just now, dubs said:

what are 5 actionable things you would do if you could do anything to fix the problem. Tangible things, not “have a conversation” or something.

I would tell you to go jump off a bridge, number one. Lmao. I'm not here to educate you, you silly white moron. That's not my job and I could give a *****. There's plenty of resources available. Start here: google/bing/whatever conservative search engine tinfoil hats use -- read books by black people.  From different time periods. More than one. 

Did you need me to give you that idea? Were you so empty before? TRY HARDER, WHITE PEOPLE.

Just now, dubs said:

Not a chance! It’s way easier to sit in the middle of the street throwing a tantrum about a general topic that NOBODY disagrees with.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Not a chance! It’s way easier to sit in the middle of the street throwing a tantrum about a general topic that NOBODY disagrees with.

This post, though... This is the one that solves everything. You done did it! Snark on snark was the solution. Amazing we didn't arrive there sooner.

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Blacks, yes I see you are blaming blacks. 

You don’t see government violence as a very different issue? State sanctioned violence 

Tibs this is where people think you are a troll- virtually no one says cops killing men is ok unless under extreme circumstances, but you are pretending that people say it is ok just for your argument.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

There is no fatal flaw. I didn't provide any research relating to motives or any other subjective information about police violence. I provided statistical facts about violent crime in general.

The actual statistics about people killed by police didn't even come from the police, it was research from the Washington Post, which could hardly be considered pro law enforcement. Even that information wasn't subjective. Those people actually died.

Everything I provided were statistical facts. Unless you are saying those murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, arrests didn't occur?

Please detail for me which statistics I provided that you think might have been manipulated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

There is no fatal flaw. I didn't provide any research relating to motives or any other subjective information about police violence. I provided statistical facts about violent crime in general.

The actual statistics about people killed by police didn't even come from the police, it was research from the Washington Post, which could hardly be considered pro law enforcement. Even that information wasn't subjective. Those people actually died.

Everything I provided were statistical facts. Unless you are saying those murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, arrests didn't occur?

Please detail for me which statistics I provided that you think might have been manipulated.

Missing records, for one. How would you know they are missing? Misrepresented deaths, for another. How would you know they are misrepresented? 

Which is the crazier thought? That the numbers are inaccurate, or they are fully honest and accurate?