Protest in Buffalo

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Sadly you are evidently unable to see it...

Again...how am I responsible for the actions of others?

Explain that to me and maybe I'll allow you the point. I'm fairly confident you can't explain it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reality Check said:

Antifa alert

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

And you find it funny, hmmm...

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

...and what have you personally done about?

Been in protests, leaned to see how the history of our country is rife with injustice that are still happening in our  justice system, how about you, or do you just sit back and not care? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I expect everyone to follow the law and do their job.  Including our loser president. 

I’m with you.  I support the protests.  I detest the antagonists and the looters.  I hope you are well when you awake tomorrow. 

Thanks!

Got to the restaurant today and all the protests in Geneva were peaceful!

Yay for my business

Yay for Genevians

Yay for the cause

That's how it's done.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I live in the real world in which curfews are an imperfect but suitable solution that allows the disaffected to be heard and reduces the ability of instigators to blend in with protestors under the cover of dark. 

They don't work.  I'm not saying they shouldn't be in place but I don't know of any situation where they have done anything.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Been in protests, leaned to see how the history of our country is rife with injustice that are still happening in our  justice system, how about you, or do you just sit back and not care? 

You are assuming that if I am not for your cause, then I must not have my own worthy cause to pursue. You are not much of a recruiter. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Its about facing the reality of our actions, are you good with never addressing the wrongs done and that are continuing to be done? 

So your okay with how your society has acted and is still acting? Me thinks more than one mirror is in order...

So you are not part of society then?

Like lynching and burning people , shooting a jogger in the park. It is OUR society, inaction is the same as condoning. 

And you find it funny, hmmm...

All examples of how critical theory is mind poison. Trapping someone into fighting battles of the past, while ignoring the actual enemies of the present. It's a theory meant to divide, create hostility, and tear down structures of "oppression" which are symbols, rather than addressing the actual problems facing our society going forward. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All examples of how critical theory is mind poison. Trapping someone into fighting battles of the past, while ignoring the actual enemies of the present. It's a theory meant to divide, create hostility, and tear down structures of "oppression" which are symbols, rather than addressing the actual problems facing our society going forward. 

Not only that, it COMPLETELY is unable to answer the question of the responsibility of individuals to pay for the wrongdoing of OTHER individuals, which of course is why I asked that fool the question I did and why he's unable to answer it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

You are assuming that if I am not for your cause, then I must not have my own worthy cause to pursue. You are not much of a recruiter. 

Not at all, one is perceived by how one presents oneself. 

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And social injustice is not a problem going forward? Rampant corporate greed is not a problem? The richest of our society not paying their share of the tax burden which burdens the working class all the more, these are all social injustices that need to be addressed. You use lots of words and say nothing at the same time, it’s an art form, I understand that. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

And social injustice is not a problem going forward? Rampant corporate greed is not a problem, the richest of our society not paying their share of the tax burden which burdens the working class all the more, these are all social injustices that need to be addressed. You use lots of words and say nothing at the same time, it’s an art form, I understand that. 

Keep checking off that list of critical theory targets without comprehending what I said. Marxism (which is critical theory's roots) requires an enemy to work. It requires an oppressor and oppressed dynamic. It does not seek to fix this paradigm, but to extend it. 

And you're falling for it because you're ignorant of not only reality, but the history you're claiming to try to remedy. 

Keep fighting ghosts of the past while ignoring the present enemies. That's a solid plan you've got there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, as someone who's a descendant of people who came to this country AFTER slavery, I'd like to tell you to take your proposal and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I am, but I fail to see how I'm responsible for the actions of some slaveholders in the 1860s, Jim Crow law-writers in the post-civil-war era, or some murderous thug of a cop today.

*I* didn't do any of that. Now maybe YOU have oppressed a black person somehow, but I haven't. My conscience is clean on that matter.

You think this somehow precludes you from having received any benefits from institutionalized racism in this country?  

Good God you are a simpleton.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Capco said:

You think this somehow precludes you from having received any benefits from institutionalized racism in this country?  

:rolleyes:

List the myriad of benefits I've received from "institutionalized racism" since you seem to know so much about me?

Sorry, I can't take you seriously when you speak on topics of which you have NO understanding.

Unless of course, I missed "white guy slavery profits giveaway" day. Did I?

5 minutes ago, Capco said:

Says the guy still pushing Marxism in the 21st century -- despite the knowledge of history and its body count. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

List the myriad of benefits I've received from "institutionalized racism" since you seem to know so much about me?

Sorry, I can't take you seriously when you speak on topics of which you have NO understanding.

There's a very simple test for it that I've made JUST for big brains like you:

1.  Do you live in the USA?

2.  Are you white?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, you have undoubtedly benefited from institutionalized racism in your lifetime.  

Just now, Capco said:

2.  Are you white?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, you have undoubtedly benefited from institutionalized racism in your lifetime.  

Really. Tell me more.

Like in detail. Tell me ALL the benefits I've enjoyed by being white. I'll wait in rapt anticipation.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Are you open to the possibility that we all benefited from structural racism without knowing it was happening? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Capco said:

2.  Are you white?

"guilty because you're white" WOW GFY you racist POS

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Are you open to the possibility that we all benefited from structural racism without knowing it was happening? 

No, I'm not.

Because it presupposes something about me that just isn't factual.

It presupposes that I am somehow more privileged than any average black person in the United States.