Protest in Buffalo

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thank you good talk ?

Wow that's terrible to hear man

though I'm a little confused how you said you were woken up twice by the alarm company tonight?

Alarm company called a bit after 11 ... I was still awake at that point but didn't go up to the store. Went to bed an hour or so later , an hour after that cops were pounding at my door.

Hope that clears things up.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There were no buses bringing protesters into Rochester.  looting happened in broad daylight.  

Apparently we Rochesterians have braver thugs than other parts of the country, but ours are afraid of the dark.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Sorry man but some of them need to cross the blue line and speak up about the internal police problems.

Often trained to be para military and some come from military backgrounds so the strong reaction has been bred in. 

Stop protecting their own when they know better.

Where is Scerpico when you need him.

Agree 100 %. 
probably less than 5% bad. They need to go.  

Smashing and looting not the answer.  
makes them just as bad as the bad cops. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yet they were quick to blame "outside agitators"......"these are not the actions of our community members".......so "outside agitators" were dispatched to MAJOR METRO areas like Rochester and Buffalo???....um....er....well....ok........

These are mostly lies being told to deflect from the reality. Lots of local morons participating in this stuff. Update: according to WGRZ news, all arrests made by BPD last night were citizens of WNY. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

These are mostly lies being told to deflect from the reality. Lots of local morons participating in this stuff. 

...are we really THAT stupid?........multiple shootings/stabbings in Rochester weekly......four or five large block parties broken up just this past week with cops subjected to rocks, bottles, etc....all must have been bused in because Mayor Lovely said, " these are NOT the actions (yesterday) of our Rochester community citizens".........SMH......

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...are we really THAT stupid?........multiple shootings/stabbings in Rochester weekly......four or five large block parties broken up just this past week with cops subjected to rocks, bottles, etc....all must have been bused in because Mayor Lovely said, " these are NOT the actions (yesterday) of our Rochester community citizens".........SMH......

Rochester has about 5-10% of the community who suck, the problem is they give those people extra rights to be even worse. Good communities arrest them and prosecute them.

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Great night for me, great night again for this country.

Tonight I received a phone call from the company monitoring my business' at 11:20,  my alarm system detected a problem. I told them to send the police tho I knew my biz would get hit, I told them I'm not going in (I get these calls 3 or 4 times a year) I go up there and I'm alone, cops have left cuz it's nothing, no problem... apparently not tonight.

Tonight I was awoken about 1:30 by the police , pounding on my front door... thankfully the problem wasn't family etc, everybody dreads those calls late at night... however my business was looted, thousands of dollars in damage and theft. I answered the door in my skivives (picture not included)(your welcome), Thankfully my surveillance system got some great pics and they are in the posession of the Irondequoit PD.

Saddest part is that I am a couple weeks shy of retiring., finalizing a sale now... Thanks for the nice sendoff #######.

That’s terrible frost.  Sorry to hear that. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Rochester has about 5-10% of the community who suck, the problem is they give those people extra rights to be even worse. Good communities arrest them and prosecute them.

...well my friend, in this day and age, we have woefully relaxed jailing and bail reforms......so we issue an appearance ticket, the legal equivalent of a Charmin' sheet.....bench warrants for no show appearance tickets?...seriously?......how about Covid-19 prison releases?......how many Cali major sex offenders were arrested THE NEXT DAY?......we're on the precipice of being a third rate country of tolerated lawlessness.......the freakin Minneapolis Mayor handing out masks to looters?.....we're sinking...FAST.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

Can’t wait for all police officers to say I’ve had enough and walk off the job. 

Honestly, at this point, I'm all for a return to the Wild West days.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...well my friend, in this day and age, we have woefully relaxed jailing and bail reforms......so we issue an appearance ticket, the legal equivalent of a Charmin' sheet.....bench warrants for no show appearance tickets?...seriously?......how about Covid-19 prison releases?......how many Cali major sex offenders were arrested THE NEXT DAY?......we're on the precipice of being a third rate country of tolerated lawlessness.......the freakin Minneapolis Mayor handing out masks to looters?.....we're sinking...FAST.....

I only diagree in that I think we will have two very different parts of the country, NY/Cali kind of liberal which will be just the cities where normal people will avoid and the rest of the country. I also feel this process will accelerate over the next two years since Covid showed people how uncomfortable life is when you are not able to leave your apartment. I feel a large amount of NYC folk are leaving for more open pastures soon leaving behind mainly the poor people to deal with the criminals.

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Thanks man. This I pray doesn't turn into the Rodney King riots of 92. Lots of good people peacefully protesting but there unfortunately are 100's of criminals looting and burning. Just when you think this frickin year can't get any worse. Those other 3 cops need to be arrested NOW. I don't care if you charge them manslaughter. Pray for justice...pray for peace.

It’s beyond the other three cops.  The protestors have complaints that transcend the Floyd incident.  And the looters have nothing but crime and anarchy on the mind.  This is an historic mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s beyond the other three cops.  The protestors have complaints that transcend the Floyd incident.  And the looters have nothing but crime and anarchy on the mind.  This is an historic mess.  

I was watching TV yesterday and I saw a protester with a sign which said "rioting is the language of the unheard".  I thought that was profound I'd never heard it put quite that way before. Yes there are criminal elements exacerbating the situations for potential perceived political gains or losses.  But ultimately the people whom are peacefully protesting in my view have legitiment beefs with the fact these kinds of scenarios happen over and over again to all races of people not just black and nothing seems to change in regarding to police brutality.  and as you stated issues beyond Mr Floyds death.  I concur. Ive said this issue is a human issue not solely a political one  but they are intertwined. The divisiveness between the major political parties only makes finding a solution even that much harder.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Margarita said:

I was watching TV yesterday and I saw a protester with a sign which said "rioting is the language of the unheard".  I thought that was profound I'd never heard it put quite that way before. Yes there are criminal elements exacerbating the situations for potential perceived political gains or losses.  But ultimately the people whom are peacefully protesting in my view have legitiment beefs with the fact these kinds of scenarios happen over and over again to all races of people not just black and nothing seems to change in regarding to police brutality.  and as you stated issues beyond Mr Floyds death.  I concur. Ive said this issue is a human issue not solely a political one  but they are intertwined. The divisiveness between the major political parties only makes finding a solution even that much harder.

Unfortunately it's becoming political.  Democratic turnout will be driven by frustration, with respect to protests, COVID, and the last 3.5 years.  Nationalist/deep red Republican turnout will be driven by the usual anti-Hillary, anti-Obama, anti-establishment, nationalist sentiments, coupled with disgust over what "those people" did during the riots.  The few people in the middle are the ones to keep an eye on.  Impressionable Republicans and independents are critical to both sides right now, and Trump is starting to play this like it's 1968 again.  I don't agree with the approach -- I think he has failed the country this week not because there have been riots, but because he is supposed to be a voice of reason, the mourner in chief, and a soothing presence during a time like this.  He's been none of those things.  But he is making a shrewd selfish political calculation in proceeding as he has done.  After all, Nixon won in 1968. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Unfortunately it's becoming political.  Democratic turnout will be driven by frustration, with respect to protests, COVID, and the last 3.5 years.  Nationalist/deep red Republican turnout will be driven by the usual anti-Hillary, anti-Obama, anti-establishment, nationalist sentiments, coupled with disgust over what "those people" did during the riots.  The few people in the middle are the ones to keep an eye on.  Impressionable Republicans and independents are critical to both sides right now, and Trump is starting to play this like it's 1968 again.  I don't agree with the approach -- I think he has failed the country this week not because there have been riots, but because he is supposed to be a voice of reason, the mourner in chief, and a soothing presence during a time like this.  He's been none of those things.  But he is making a shrewd selfish political calculation in proceeding as he has done.  After all, Nixon won in 1968. 

Soothing presence? What the *****? Why do people like you think adults are emotional children?

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Soothing presence? What the *****? Why do people like you think adults are emotional children?

Nobody said anything about adults being children.  Remember GW Bush after 9/11? Reagan after the challenger?  That’s how it’s done.  Trump is a chump on a number of levels.   But this week he also failed the country.   In fairness to him, he’s obviously not up to something like this.  It’s not who he is.  But it’s part of the job, and if he can’t do it then he shouldn’t be the president.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I am confused how it is political since all the problems are in liberal cities caused by liberal people and being allowed to continue because of liberal policies. There is nothing being done by conservative people that caused any of this unless you want to argue that a cop in an extremely liberal city is conservative, which is possible but not known. I simply hope these riots end quickly but the liberals are mostly in charge of that decision.

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nobody said anything about adults being children.  Remember GW Bush after 9/11? Reagan after the challenger?  That’s how it’s done.  Trump is a chump on a number of levels.   But this week he also failed the country.   In fairness to him, he’s obviously not up to something like this.  It’s not who he is.  But it’s part of the job, and if he can’t do it then he shouldn’t be the president.  

I notice you did not mention Obama in 2014 with the Michael Brown situation which would obviously be a much more appropriate comparison. Trump has been better than Obama which even NPR called out for his failings and how slow he was to respond.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2014/08/22/341935015/obamas-reaction-to-ferguson-raises-questions-about-presidents-role

• Like (+1) 3