Should the NBA and NHL just bag the season?

Should the NBA and NHL just bag the season?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NBA and NHL just bag the season?

• Yes
    • No

It's the first week in May and I see NBA facilities are reopening in some cities. MLB is talking about opening camps in June for a July start.  And nothing says 4th of July like a hockey game. Then in August we have football.... hence this poll.  

...I vote yes end it now.

24 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I'd love to see both end with some type of tournament style championship.

So, we make them play basketball on an ice rink in skates?  Or do we make them play something entirely different, dodgeball, perhaps?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Apparently some think that the NBA is too important and the season MUST be completed.  

School? Canceled.

Graduation? Canceled.

Concerts? Canceled.

Olympics? Canceled.

Holy week? Canceled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_affected_by_the_COVID-19_pandemic

But, the NBA is too important? That is quite possibly the most asinine thing I will read today.  Talk about a skewed perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So, we make them play basketball on an ice rink in skates?  Or do we make them play something entirely different, dodgeball, perhaps?  ?

I was thinking of an individual tournament for each sport, but, you may be on to something.  This could be really fun.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Apparently some think that the NBA is too important and the season MUST be completed.  

School? Canceled.

Graduation? Canceled.

Concerts? Canceled.

Olympics? Canceled.

Holy week? Canceled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_events_affected_by_the_COVID-19_pandemic

But, the NBA is too important? That is quite possibly the most asinine thing I will read today.  Talk about a skewed perspective.

you can stay home another few months.   Haircuts resume this week baby !    Time to get the boogie boards and surfboards ready

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A single elimination NHL tourney... You'd  see the most intense games ever in sports. 

Your country doesn't do relegation so I don't really see an argument for intensity.

You'll never be able to match a moment like Carlisle vs Plymouth in '99. Jimmy Glass (the goalkeeper) coming up for a last-minute corner and scoring to keep Carlisle in the Football League. That's proper elation because it has real-life consequence. The beauty of truly competitive sport.

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

I was thinking of an individual tournament for each sport, but, you may be on to something.  This could be really fun.

Lawn darts!  'Bowling for Dollars'!  Monopoly! (the board game, not sports leagues.)

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

Your country doesn't do relegation so I don't really see an argument for intensity.

You'll never be able to match a moment like Carlisle vs Plymouth in '99. Jimmy Glass (the goalkeeper) coming up for a last-minute corner and scoring to keep Carlisle in the Football League. That's proper elation because it has real-life consequence. The beauty of truly competitive sport.

?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

While you are at it, say NO to baseball too.

Naw. Baseball history has had many seasons with much fewer games than today’s schedule. I think it’ll go on. They’re talking about only a few areas in the Country for all the games, where the environment is secluded and ‘safe’.

Mostly, though, I want them to play cuz my Yankees are loaded and I thinks it’s #28 Time..

19 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

The Bills would have been relegated years ago and never got out of relegation hell.  The death of football in Buffalo.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Well that goes without saying.

"An doo grandmare in Sayne Jahn, all oh!  Now I going doo trow da ball!"

Hmm.  Maybe they should 'go without saying'.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Sadly  yes.

Hard to say it since my NHL and NBA teams are  in playoff position.

Put an asterisk next to all the first place team in each  conference and move on 

Then hopefully baseball can get going with  their season on the  Monday before the MLB All Star  game should have been  played. 

And  lastly....NFL teams can begin Training  Camp on time.

On 5/9/2020 at 9:56 AM, SinceThe70s said:

I'm not a hoops fan so I could care less what the NBA does. But an NHL playoff tournament would be a welcome distraction for me. 

You know, if you could care less it means you care.  At heart you are a basketball fan. Deal with it.

Edited by Cripple Creek