NFL Schedule leaks

1 hour ago, 17islongenough said:

Are the Bears that big of a draw?  3 primetime games?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Especially 2 MNF games 3 weeks apart 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Big market. They always get more live games than they are worthy of.

Ridiculous if these leaks are true.

The Bears are lucky to be in the number 3 market in the country. Getting this many prime time games is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

The Bears are lucky to be in the number 3 market in the country. Getting this many prime time games is ridiculous.

Even when they were good a couple of years back they were dull to watch. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Isn't that "Bears Football" in general though? Even when they were championship teams?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Wait till you see what the Giants get. They have been a ****show for the last 7 years. I bet they still get at least 2 prime time games.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

Wait till you see what the Giants get. They have been a ****show for the last 7 years. I bet they still get at least 2 prime time games.

Oh, you are so right about this.

And we all know one of those prime time games will be against Dallas.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Isn't that "Bears Football" in general though? Even when they were championship teams?

Other than Gayle Sayers, Walter Payton, and the 1985 squad, they have been as milquetoast as any team could possibly be since the AFL/NFL merger. They were the perfect organization for Dick Jauron.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I like your optimism, but the NFC West is so damn tough.

I agree with you that we do match-up very good with these teams, but going 4-0 or 3-1 against them, might just be too much to expect.

That being said, I would love it if things turned out this way.

21 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I think so too. Realistically, though, 2-2 versus the NFC West with the travel considered would put us in good position for the rest of the schedule. 

Yeah, It's likely just optimism on my part. I just feel that we can hang with anyone in the league. Doesn't mean we will, but I'm not looking at the schedule and conceding losses this year, which is refreshing. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, It's likely just optimism on my part. I just feel that we can hang with anyone in the league. Doesn't mean we will, but I'm not looking at the schedule and conceding losses this year, which is refreshing. 

Great point.

Ask yourself “if they played on a neutral field, which teams would the Bills definitely lose to?”

For me, it’s about a one or two team list. That’s a big change from the past two decades.

Just now, Logic said:

Great point.

Ask yourself “if they played on a neutral field, which teams would the Bills definitely lose to?”

For me, it’s about a one or two team list. That’s a big change from the past two decades.

For me there's two teams on our schedule that I can't say "We should at least have a complete 50% chance against them." The 49ers and the Chiefs... Also known as the superbowl teams. But even with them, I wouldn't bet money on us beating them, but we've shown under McD that we know how to punch above our weight, and I don't think they're (again, the superbowl teams- I.e. the best teams in Football) are more than like half a weight class above us. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

much rather play buffalo in warm weather 

Are you planning to attend the game in person? That would make sense. Otherwise, why does it matter what the weather is when one outdoor team from the Northeast plays another outdoor team from the Northeast?

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes, North Jersey is typically balmy in late December.

You know all those tans are fake right?

If you were the Jets would you rather go up to Buffalo in September with no fans or in December?

• Haha (+1) 1