2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Doc, I still cut both ways on it.  I am so intrigued abut the RBs in rounds 3 and 4, but getting someone like Fournette for that money is an exciting possibility.

I just wish he were 50% less dick in my mind.  

I guess I am saying I am 6 or 1/2 dozen of the other.

If they can get Dillon in the 4th, I'd forget Fournette.  If they can't...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Doc said:

If they can get Dillon in the 4th, I'd forget Fournette.  If they can't...

Doc, I've made the fandom mistake of falling in love with Dillon as a pick.  I want it, badly.

However, I so 100% agree with your take above.  Kudos, brother.  looking forward to tonight and tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the philosophy is that if you are picking in the top 5, you should draft one of the elite players. Usually there are only a few. They took one. It is a very high value position. Probably only behind QB, LT. And they had a huge need at corner. It was a no brainer to me. 

I figured they wouldve try to do more because they need help everywhere. I know they moved on from Slay and that defense has struggled but Stafford could use a running game and better blocking(which kinda go hand in hand). I completely agree with adding elite talent when you pick top 5. Part of me would've like to see them acquire assets from the dolphins to get up to 3 but Tua getting hurt killed that possibility.

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Glad roger didn't listen to the hand-wringing GMs - 

last night went quite well.

Except when Roger had to do anything besides naming the pick. He screwed up multiple times. But overall I though it went well and was impressed.

14 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I figured they wouldve try to do more because they need help everywhere. I know they moved on from Slay and that defense has struggled but Stafford could use a running game and better blocking(which kinda go hand in hand). I completely agree with adding elite talent when you pick top 5. Part of me would've like to see them acquire assets from the dolphins to get up to 3 but Tua getting hurt killed that possibility.

They can still get a RB and OL. I see the side of wanting to trade down, but I don’t think they had the offers that were rumored.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

seeing tweets that aaron rodgers is a little pissed they took a qb. 

I love Rodgers.

That said, TooFB, Aaron.  Grow up, you have 30 plus million per and yesterday you did not turn 27.  This is how you got your job, douche.  Figure on having a job for 1-3 more years and be gracious.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Just a general comment regarding the draft and what occurred last night. Seemingly the tech aspect was handled well no gaffs which I was glad to see.

One theme throughout the night was going very personal into a players past or struggles, what he has overcome aka pulling at our heartstrings effect. That's okay but in the case of Love the way the NFL brought up his fathers suicide right at the cusp of arguably this young mans greatest achievement/moment in life I thought was in very poor taste, exploitive and not appropriate. I just didn't like that. Some things a person has the right to keep private.The way they went on and on "oh maybe it was due to his blood pressure meds" seriously??? SMH

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Yeah I’d be pissed if I were a GB fan but I’m sure a lot of them hated the Rodgers pick too when they had Favre. But why Love this year? Seems like it would make more sense to wait it out and only take a QB in round 1 if Rodgers was on his absolute last legs.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love Rodgers.

That said, TooFB, Aaron.  Grow up, you have 30 plus million per and yesterday you did not turn 27.  This is how you got your job, douche.  Figure on having a job for 1-3 more years and be gracious.

they were close to getting to a super bowl this year. they are still close and have some holes at wr and rb. they should have taken another position. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

this surprises me Zero. It's a bad look for him noone likes a whiner. Grow up.

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Just a general comment regarding the draft and what occurred last night. Seemingly the tech aspect was handled well no gaffs which I was glad to see.

One theme throughout the night was going very personal into a players past or struggles, what he has overcome aka pulling at our heartstrings effect. That's okay but in the case of Love the way the NFL brought up his fathers suicide right at the cusp of arguably this young mans greatest achievement/moment in life I thought was in very poor taste, exploitive and not appropriate. I just didn't like that. Some things a person has the right to keep private.The way they went on and on "oh maybe it was due to his blood pressure meds" seriously??? SMH

Yeah I found the segment on Love’s dad to be extremely strange. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

they were close to getting to a super bowl this year. they are still close and have some holes at wr and rb. they should have taken another position. 

Yes, Ari, but you can't ignore the inevitable.  Additionally, this is absolutely how they got him and it worked out the last time.  Please, I am not making a direct comparison between him and love, but it IS time to consider it.