Report - Browns in discussion with Vikings on OBJ trade

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think any WR not names Calvin Johnson would need at least a solid threat opposite him. If you are a top 10 WR and are constantly doubled your numbers are going to take a dive. Thielen is a very good WR that has huge games when not doubled. With the Vikings it was a pick your poison type deal with Thielen and Diggs. One would get hot, then they would get more coverage, then the other would get hot. 

Thielen is a very good receiver, agreed. Diggs is better.

23 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Thielen moaned about targets early in the season as well. The Vikings had the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the league and wanted to play 1970s football behind Delvin Cook.

Diggs is firey and he is a competitor. As long as the Bills get him the ball he will be fine.

To be fair to the Vikings were right in their philosophy with Cook as they improved a lot form 2018 to 2019. In 2018 Diggs got 149 targets and Thielin got 153, yet they were unable to consistently move the ball due to O-line issues and lack of a rushing attack. In 2019 Diggs only got 94 targets but had a much better season and the team went from 8-7-1 to 10-6 and a playoff victory. 

I think Diggs got frustrated with Cousins as a QB on a personal level not just a football one. There were rumblings about Diggs wanting out of Minny last off-season when he had 149 targets. So I don't think the issue was just targets as he was fed plenty in 2018 and still had issues. I don't think of Diggs as a big diva but certainly a strong personality that Josh and the coaching staff will have to manage. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

To be fair to the Vikings were right in their philosophy with Cook as they improved a lot form 2018 to 2019. In 2018 Diggs got 149 targets and Thielin got 153, yet they were unable to consistently move the ball due to O-line issues and lack of a rushing attack. In 2019 Diggs only got 94 targets but had a much better season and the team went from 8-7-1 to 10-6 and a playoff victory. 

I think Diggs got frustrated with Cousins as a QB on a personal level not just a football one. There were rumblings about Diggs wanting out of Minny last off-season when he had 149 targets. So I don't think the issue was just targets as he was fed plenty in 2018 and still had issues. I don't think of Diggs as a big diva but certainly a strong personality that Josh and the coaching staff will have to manage. 

Well Diggs says the opposite. Says Kirk is his guy.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It doesn't match up with the rumors that he was upset after the 2018 season in which Kirk fed him 149 targets. I think there has to be more to the story because despite only 94 targets in 2019 Diggs had the better season. I think the targets might have been the last straw but something wasn't right there. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Local guys on radio are convinced this is coming from OBJs camp because he’s trying to will a trade into existence 

OBJ. Disgruntled as always.

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that’s called being a professional.

doing that from time to time is a good idea.  His tantrums are embarrassing 

Edited by NewEra

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:14 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, I think every team is better with multiple threats.  I also think you need to do the same with Diggs too.  Him and Thielen helped each other.  And Thielen ended up with the better numbers. 

and man.  OBJ is annoying but what a steal that would be.  I can’t believe that is all it would take.  

OBJ must be a complete a-hole and a team cancer. There would be no other possible reason to trade someone who is just that good. The man was great in college and got even better in the NFL. He is a super talented player. I liken him almost to Randy Moss in terms of pure talent and ability.

He needs to get himself together.

Edited by Bill from NYC

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

OBJ must be a complete a-hole and a team cancer. There would be no other possible reason to trade someone who is just that good. The man was great in college and got even better in the NFL. He is a super talented player. I liken him almost to Randy Moss in terms of pure talent and ability.

He needs to get himself together.

Last year’s Browns were among the worst situations for Odell to be in. Yes they had his good friend Landry and other good skill position talent around him. But the team had an immature QB who needed to be humbled before he could lead a great team, they had offensive line issues that hampered the offense, and they had a head coach who was incapable of managing the personalities on the team. There was also issues on the defensive side even if they did field a respectable unit. 

Odell was also expected to be the big piece that put them into the playoffs and so that also added a lot of pressure on him and made the whole situation toxic if and when they began to lose. It would be one thing if the Browns were coming off of that 1-15 season and they brought in Odell, then the expectations would be super low and the pressure less. But they had expectations in Cleveland and that made the situation that much more of a pressure cooker. 

That's not to excuse Odell as he is very immature and needs to get it together. But putting a volatile player in a volatile situation wasn't a recipe for success. As far as their 2020 prospects (if there is a season) they did add Conklin and I expect they add another tackle with their first round pick, that should help their O-line issues and they probably could add a piece or two to the defense via the draft as they have an extra 3rd round pick to work with. Conklin and Hooper improve the talent but their issues go beyond talent. 

• Like (+1) 1