Report - Browns in discussion with Vikings on OBJ trade

20 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I’d be happy to see OBJ out of the AFC.

Who cares? Tre dominated him. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Schefter is the best at then but it would be interesting if someone tracked the times they were wrong.  He was pretty off on the Marrone stuff after he left the Bills (though I think they shared an agent and it was PR spin).

Sometimes it seems like those deep insider guys are willing to help agents here and there and end up saying stupid stuff or reporting things that don’t pan out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

Didn't really matter when he was in the AFC.

True but they had such a bad coach last year.  Their play calling in the red zone against the Bills was some of the worst I’ve ever seen.  They would go jumbo and take their best offensive players off the field.  It was so idiotic.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

OBJ for Harris and a 2nd and 5th would make a lot of sense. 

Not happening for that, especially considering what Diggs just netted in trade.  As for Harris, he’d probably be a necessary component of any trade for a highly paid player.  Minny could not fit a player like OBJ under their cap without dropping his salary in the process.  The “source” is probably a mock draft (CBS?) that had OBJ to Minny for a future 2 & 5.  Also the Browns have been trying to get a hold of Harris, but no dice thus far on that front. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, cage said:

So they traded Diggs because he was a "diva" personality and will then bring in OBJ??  How does that make sense?

They traded him because he said he didn’t want to play there anymore.  Not because he’s a diva 

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

2nd and 5th next year for OBJ would constitute a steal for the Vikes. What’s going on with WR values? First Hopkins, now OBJ? Is the  rich WR draft to blame?

My best guess is the round value went down when the amount of money they were paid went up.  Average wideouts are making huge money now, so to move the contract you have to take less in return.

It also doesnt hurt that Cleveland can trade OBJ away and still have their pick of Ruggs III, Jeudy, and Lamb at 10.

12 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Didn't really matter when he was in the AFC.

there’s that... and he doesn’t seem interested in making the team he’s on better, only wants to be on a team that can in effect carry him to his own personal desires, in other words he’s a douche of the highest order. If it happens,   Third team in what, three years... Not a team first sort of fellow. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They traded him because he said he didn’t want to play there anymore.  Not because he’s a diva 

You’re being a biased Bills fan. He was having temper tantrums during wins about not getting the ball Enough .  He’s not on OBJ’s level but a team with SB aspirations don’t trade 26 year old good players for no reason.  He was a problem there.

Just now, Don Otreply said:

there’s that... and he doesn’t seem interested in making the team he’s on better, only wants to be on a team that can in effect carry him to his own personal desires, in other words he’s a douche of the highest order. If it happens,   Third team in what, three years... Not a team first sort of fellow. 

I mean Diggs did this to a less extent, no?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My best guess is the round value went down when the amount of money they were paid went up.  Average wideouts are making huge money now, so to move the contract you have to take less in return.

It also doesnt hurt that Cleveland can trade OBJ away and still have their pick of Ruggs III, Jeudy, and Lamb at 10.

It’s attitude too.  A lot of super talented wrs are divas.  I mean didn’t Randy Moss get traded twice and once for a 4th rounder?

Rumors never pan out...  they dont randomly leak info to small time radio hosts.  If this was Glazer or an actual NFL insider there may be something to it.  Glazer was on OBJ out of NYG midseason before the trade.  

Cleveland is building around Baker.  They will play 22 personal all day long.  That set Baker had the best success as a rookoe and last year.  Chubb or Hunt at Rb.  OBJ and Landry outside with Njuko and Hooper inside.  Outside multiple first rds OBj isnt going anywhere.  Haslam likes the attention OBJ brings imo.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Not happening for that, especially considering what Diggs just netted in trade.  As for Harris, he’d probably be a necessary component of any trade for a highly paid player.  Minny could not fit a player like OBJ under their cap without dropping his salary in the process.  The “source” is probably a mock draft (CBS?) that had OBJ to Minny for a future 2 & 5.  Also the Browns have been trying to get a hold of Harris, but no dice thus far on that front. 

Basically 4 years and 60 million left on his deal that you would cover.  Fair amount more than Diggs.  He hasn't been particularly elite in the last 3 years either.

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'd probably still go offensive line in the first and then use their early 2nd on a WR.  Stefanaski is a run first guy so I think they'll want to roll heavy PA with Chubb/Hunt.  Plus they have Hooper/Njoku.