Report - Browns in discussion with Vikings on OBJ trade

11 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Just remember it’s liars month in April as no one tells the truth before the draft.  I don’t believe any of these people.

I don’t think I'm supposed to believe you about this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Not expecting Bobby Fisher, but there is a difference between having an edge and being a douche nozzle. Although Bobby may very well have been said nozzle. We can only hope Diggs keeps his mouth shut and first and foremost performs as advertised. I expect you get my drift. 

Go Bills!!!

Bobby Fisher, what a reference!  (never thought I would see him mentioned on a football message board)  He was a weird guy from what I have heard.  I agree.  Lets hope Diggs is everything we are hoping he will be and then some.  Dam it has been a LONG time since we had a big time WR.  Sammy never got there.  Stevie J was good, but not quite a top 5-10 guy.  Lee Evans was great on the go route, and not much else.  I am thinking it has been since Eric Moulds in his prime from 1998 and 2002.  That is a LONG TIME ago.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Indeed. Diggs is a less divisive guy than OBJ. But he is also less talented. And I say that as Diggs's number 1 fan. I loved him long before he was a Bill.   

No one is questioning OBJ's superlative talents. Without question wherever he has been he has been the most talented receiver on the team.  Yet he keeps getting moved. Football is a team game where how you fit in goes beyond talent and to an extent actual production. Recognizing the fact that Diggs is less talented than OBJ I would still prefer Diggs on the roster than OBJ. You don't have to be an angel to be a wanted member on a team. On the other hand you have to have a level of maturity and stability to contribute to a culture of unselfishness that leads to team success. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Bobby Fisher, what a reference!  (never thought I would see him mentioned on a football message board)  He was a weird guy from what I have heard.  I agree.  Lets hope Diggs is everything we are hoping he will be and then some.  Dam it has been a LONG time since we had a big time WR.  Sammy never got there.  Stevie J was good, but not quite a top 5-10 guy.  Lee Evans was great on the go route, and not much else.  I am thinking it has been since Eric Moulds in his prime from 1998 and 2002.  That is a LONG TIME ago.

Yes it has been a long time, I think many would agree that with Stefon Diggs, Brown,Beasley, Knox and the whole offense will be more effective. Now defenses will have to choose their poison. 

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Agreed on Moulds.  He was such a stud, and felt bad he was stuck on our team.  By the time he made it to Houston, he was past his prime.  Put him with Kelly and he would have a gold jacket.  Paup (by the way love the name as was awesome), I don’t know if you remember the Phins game in December, can’t remember the year, maybe 2001 or 2, and was snowing of course.  It went from a steady snow to a blizzard in the second half.  It must have been a 4:30pm game.  The weed fiend from NO ran for over 220 yards that game, and we still won.  Moulds in the second half had a deep one handed catch for a TD.  It was amazing.

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No one is questioning OBJ's superlative talents. Without question wherever he has been he has been the most talented receiver on the team.  Yet he keeps getting moved. Football is a team game where how you fit in goes beyond talent and to an extent actual production. Recognizing the fact that Diggs is less talented than OBJ I would still prefer Diggs on the roster than OBJ. You don't have to be an angel to be a wanted member on a team. On the other hand you have to have a level of maturity and stability to contribute to a culture of unselfishness that leads to team success. 

Diggs has been traded as times as OBJ.  Diggs was fined $200,000 for missed meetings and causing problems last year. 

It's funny how people convince themselves their guy is a better guy just because, despite evidence that says otherwise.

Edited by cle23

4 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Diggs has been traded as times as OBJ.  Diggs was fined $200,000 for missed meetings and causing problems last year. 

It's funny how people convince themselves their guy is a better guy just because, despite evidence that says otherwise.

I'll still take Diggs over OBJ. Diggs did lose control and was fined. And he should have been. OBJ has a more extensive history of problematic behavior. 

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Agreed on Moulds.  He was such a stud, and felt bad he was stuck on our team.  By the time he made it to Houston, he was past his prime.  Put him with Kelly and he would have a gold jacket.  Paup (by the way love the name as was awesome), I don’t know if you remember the Phins game in December, can’t remember the year, maybe 2001 or 2, and was snowing of course.  It went from a steady snow to a blizzard in the second half.  It must have been a 4:30pm game.  The weed fiend from NO ran for over 220 yards that game, and we still won.  Moulds in the second half had a deep one handed catch for a TD.  It was amazing.

I remember that catch, the pass was a bit under thrown, the DB tipped it and Moulds snatched it with one hand. Everything clicked for the Bills in that second half. Moulds and Price were a crazy good WR combo

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Glad you like my user name.  Paup had two amazing years in 95 and 96 before injuring his groin pretty badly if I recall.  He and Bruce were a deadly combo on the pass rush. (I have his 95 jersey and still wear it on occasion)  I do remember when Ricky Williams ran wild against us for over 220 yards.  But I think we did win that game.  I believe that may have been Bledsoe's first year.  I went to the Bills-Dolphins playoff game in Miami after the 98 season.  (Flutie got sacked by Trace Armstrong to end the game inside their 10 yard line)  I believe Moulds had 240 receiving yards that day.  At the time it was an NFL playoff record.  Not sure if it still stands.  He caught a bomb down the sideline on our first drive.  Exciting game.  Disappointing ending.  I remember talking with Chris Mortinson at the Ft Lauderdale airport after the game.  Oh the memories!!  

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but they had such a bad coach last year.  Their play calling in the red zone against the Bills was some of the worst I’ve ever seen.  They would go jumbo and take their best offensive players off the field.  It was so idiotic.

Hmm, I remember OBJ being on the field a lot during those red zone stops.

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hmm, I remember OBJ being on the field a lot during those red zone stops.

OBJ also played all of last year with a sports hernia.

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'll still take Diggs over OBJ. Diggs did lose control and was fined. And he should have been. OBJ has a more extensive history of problematic behavior. 

Can to provide examples? They both tend to have a loud mouth but as far as I know Beckham's never been fined or suspended.

People who wanna say that OBJ is the better player than Diggs.....................

the number the last two years suggest otherwise and when it comes to "What have you done for me lately"..................

Diggs gets the slight edge numbers wise. 

And in terms of talent on the field, Diggs doesn't take a backseat to anyone. That is why the Bills paid a heavy price for him.

It will be nice to have him out of the conference. And once again the Browns look like complete fools, if true. Trade for an all-pro receiver and then trade him away after one year.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

People who wanna say that OBJ is the better player than Diggs.....................

the number the last two years suggest otherwise and when it comes to "What have you done for me lately"..................

Diggs gets the slight edge numbers wise. 

And in terms of talent on the field, Diggs doesn't take a backseat to anyone. That is why the Bills paid a heavy price for him.

OBJ will never put up numbers like that again unless some OC replicates what they did for the Giants. That offense moved him all over the field and got him tons of targets in a variety of ways. Everything went through him.

Edited by MJS

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Thielen moaned about targets early in the season as well. The Vikings had the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the league and wanted to play 1970s football behind Delvin Cook.

Diggs is firey and he is a competitor. As long as the Bills get him the ball he will be fine.

Nailed it 

On 4/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, GunnerBill said:

If this happens could all the people who thought Adam Thielen would be fine without another top flight receiver opposite him because he was "the better guy anyway" please stand up? I am telling you... he needs someone else to draw the double coverage off him consistently or else his numbers will fall in 2020. As much as I love Diggs OBJ is an upgrade.... even he genuinely is a problem child in the locker room.

I think any WR not named Calvin Johnson would need at least a solid threat opposite him. If you are a top 10 WR and are constantly doubled your numbers are going to take a dive. Thielen is a very good WR that has huge games when not doubled. With the Vikings it was a pick your poison type deal with Thielen and Diggs. One would get hot, then they would get more coverage, then the other would get hot. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu