There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...as CFO, try running a multi-million dollar operations in three states with all states having differing "plans" and definitions of essential businesses (NYS) or no categorization.......NYS, PA & NJ......

Close...CEO of a multi million dollar company with offices all over California 

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Gawd....get over yourself and look up the meaning of “citizen”

Gawd....yourself dude. You didn’t build my company. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So now the State of California is going to tell me how many people I can have in my office building....beyond the Building Code requirements? This should be interesting! 

just like they are telling you to stay home now, yes. 

Oooooh, I like #5 in Newsom’s plan.  My company (which shall remain nameless) was planning on moving us all to a “hip”, open-concept office this summer with no cubicles and no walls between employees.  Just long-ass desks with about 3-4 feet of space between you and the next person.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So now the State of California is going to tell me how many people I can have in my office building....beyond the Building Code requirements? This should be interesting! 

Isn't it the same as the state redrawing the state's building code requirements?

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Just follow the guidelines. 

Yes sir! Can you come over and tell me how to run all other aspects of my business? 

Just now, GG said:

Isn't it the same as the state redrawing the state's building code requirements?

Excellent question. Yes, but there’s a process for writing building codes. The governor cannot rewrite it by executive order. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Excellent question. Yes, but there’s a process for writing building codes. The governor cannot rewrite it by executive order. 

Looks like there's a run on the boys who would be king in this crisis.  Which thin skinned narcissist can outdo one another?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Looks like there's a run on the boys who would be king in this crisis.  Which thin skinned narcissist can outdo one another?

You’re definitely right there, but I believe a few have missed my point. People do NOT sit in one place inside a functioning building. They’re constantly moving from workstations, to conference rooms, to restrooms, etc.  It’s nowhere near as simple as mandating ‘x’ number of people in a building. While I understand the idea has good intentions. There’s no way to effectively police it. Companies, like families, have to be given freedom to put these guidelines into best practice. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re definitely right there, but I believe a few have missed my point. People do NOT sit in one place inside a functioning building. They’re constantly moving from workstations, to conference rooms, to restrooms, etc.  It’s nowhere near as simple as mandating ‘x’ number of people in a building. While I understand the idea has good intentions. There’s no way to effectively police it. Companies, like families, have to be given freedom to put these guidelines into best practice. 

You haven’t seen anything yet. No one has. How about we see why the guidelines say and try to follow them so we get back to work and don’t cause more shutdowns?

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I hope the answer is one. I love being the only one in the office. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

You haven’t seen anything yet. No one has. How about we see why the guidelines say and try to follow them so we get back to work and don’t cause more shutdowns?

i wonder just where the Mendoza Line is for you.

source.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's Time to Start Working on Our Post- Quarantine Wish Lists

by Stephen Kruiser

Original Article

As week 5 of the Wuhan Chinese Bat Flu shutdown gets underway I find myself entertaining brief moments of optimism.

I've been tending toward pessimism regarding everyone being able to go outside and have any fun again, fairly convinced that we might be out of commission until the fall. There must have been something in the delicious homebrew that my neighbor social-distance dropped at my door for Easter because I found myself in a couple of conversations on Monday about making plans when we get the freedom to roam again. Dare to dream, my friends! 

Here’s One Thing Officials Can Do to Make Lockdown Life Better: Stop Being Hypocritical Tyrants.

There are the police officers who thought it was a good idea to pester a little girl shooting baskets alone in a park. She was socially distanced. She was fine. If a game of street 3-on-3 suddenly broke out, well, that’s a different story. But she was alone. So leave her alone. The police later apologized, but they should have just used some common sense and avoided the whole situation. And there are the police officers in Colorado who arrested a dad playing ball with his daughter in a park. Leave people alone or this could start getting ugly. Most Americans support the police, but we don’t support a police state.

There are the officials who decided Easter weekend was a good opportunity to start messing with churches struggling like everyone else to deal with the new reality. California’s Mendocino County is banning church singing on a livestream. How does this help stop the spread of coronavirus? Kentucky’s Democrat governor took to taking down Christians’ license plates for going to church in their cars. How does this help halt the virus from spreading? It doesn’t. It just makes people who are already on edge that much edgier. Elections matter. Remember this in a few years and do better.

Michigan should also do better. It elected the cluelessly tyrannical Gretchen Whitmer as its governor. A few weeks ago Whitmer was a rising Democrat star. Now, she’s a petty thug who’s in over her head (which doesn’t rule her out of still being a rising Democrat star). She’s awful. She has gone on a power trip worthy of Blofeld, the nutty Bond villain who built a fortress in a volcano and fed his underlings to piranhas. . . .

It’s very hard on free people who are used to being able to do what they want when they want, who had a job one day and thanks to a government decree they don’t have a job the next day. They didn’t ask for any of this, nor did they cause it. When we see Chicago’s mayor ban haircuts, and then get one herself because she’s privileged and you’re not and she imposes a curfew on others for no evident reason, and when we see a Texas county judge apparently violate his own stay at home order, it sends the entirely wrong signal in a republic where the people are supposed to be the government.

It also hints at something a whole lot darker that our dear leaders had better not let fester. And the best thing they can do to prevent that is to stop acting like petty little tyrants.

I’m not saying that these people should be horswhipped naked through the streets. Yet. But examples need to be made, and I don’t just mean half-assed after-the-fact apologies.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Close...CEO of a multi million dollar company with offices all over California 

Gawd....yourself dude. You didn’t build my company. 

..we cannot close....we're deemed an Essential Business under NYS guidelines...…..we provide electrical services (200 employees) and maintenance to all hospitals locally, the University of Rochester medical campus, 47 Wegmans stores in NYS as well as their production facilities for starters...….