There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i dont understand, outside of the beuracratic mess, why is there not a middle ground..high risk people stay home and shelter, the rest of us go about our business. The overall cost has to be much less even with the fraud that would occur..

what actions? Please explain what actions you have issues with?

That is what I don’t get. Retired folks can lock up if they want to and collect social security. Why do we still have to act like this is fatal for everyone? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

That is what I don’t get. Retired folks can lock up if they want to and collect social security. Why do we still have to act like this is fatal for everyone? 

well, not that easy. Say you 45 with a comobidity issue? In my simple , dumbed down idea, that person would be able to not go to work, get full pay and benefits, and have a jog guaranteed when either herd immunity is reached or a a vaccine available. Rife with fraud, no doubt, but the overall cost to our society and economy has just got to be less than this full lockdown no? 

31 minutes ago, Magox said:

What are you talking about?

I have posted and cited at least 6 serological antibody tests from various respected universities, health departments and governments.    

The mortality rates range anywhere from .12% - .7% 

Even the anecdotal accounts in the meat packing plants and prisons which have large sample sizes in the thousands reinforce those findings.

And there has also been compiled hospital data from the hospitals with the most COVID cases from NY, Boston and Italy that show the demographics of those that have been most effected.   

In the statistics thread there are economic impact studies on health.  And other shut down related effects on health.

And anecdotally but over a population of 1M people, the average age of covid death in my county across some 500 people is 80.9. The average age of death is literally 2 years higher than the national average! I don't discount this but we can't keep treating 330M people the same. 

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i dont understand, outside of the beuracratic mess, why is there not a middle ground..high risk people stay home and shelter, the rest of us go about our business. The overall cost has to be much less even with the fraud that would occur..

Friedman made this point a couple weeks ago and I echo it because it was so sensible. There are 2 groups of people: Those at risk (older and at risk) and the rest. Some of the rest will get sick and die and some of the at risk will be fine. But if we treat these groups in different ways, we can get the economy going. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

And anecdotally but over a population of 1M people, the average age of covid death in my county across some 500 people is 80.9. The average age of death is literally 2 years higher than the national average! I don't discount this but we can't keep treating 330M people the same. 

Friedman made this point a couple weeks ago and I echo it because it was so sensible. There are 2 groups of people: Those at risk (older and at risk) and the rest. Some of the rest will get sick and die and some of the at risk will be fine. But if we treat these groups in different ways, we can get the economy going. 

When have I ever have?

In fact I have suggested otherwise ad nauseam on this board.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

What are you talking about?

I have posted and cited at least 6 serological antibody tests from various respected universities, health departments and governments.    

The mortality rates range anywhere from .12% - .7% 

Even the anecdotal accounts in the meat packing plants and prisons which have large sample sizes in the thousands reinforce those findings.

And there has also been compiled hospital data from the hospitals with the most COVID cases from NY, Boston and Italy that show the demographics of those that have been most effected.   

In the statistics thread there are economic impact studies on health.  And other shut down related effects on health.

Gary thinks the murder rate is 120%

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/03/virginia-june-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus

Guess what happens the day before the shutdown is scheduled to end? Elections.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

I made that point months ago...

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/03/virginia-june-stay-at-home-order-coronavirus

Guess what happens the day before the shutdown is scheduled to end? Elections.

how freaking dumb are you???  

#1) you linked to an article with a byline of March 30..really freaking relevant

#2) elections took place already, way before this poop hit..i should know, I FREAKING VOTED IN THEM!!!March 3 rd was the actual date. Look it up idiot

#3) VA has been mostly open this whole time...even the freaking gun stores and outdoor ranges never closed ...but how would  you know, you only follow the headlines and dribble of the idiots out there. But why challenge what your leaders tell you what to belive # liberate VA!!!!!!

3) We are set to open next week, way before the June 10th you linked to in that 7 week old article.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Gov-Northam-to-outline-details-of-Phase-1-for-reopening-570178251.html

Christ, you are an embarrassment and what makes this particular forum so hard for so many to take seriously

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

how freaking dumb are you???  

#1) you linked to an article with a byline of March 30..really freaking relevant

#2) elections took place already, way before this poop hit..i should know, I FREAKING VOTED IN THEM!!!March 3 rd was the actual date. Look it up idiot

#3) VA has been mostly open this whole time...even the freaking gun stores and outdoor ranges never closed ...but how would  you know, you only follow the headlines and dribble of the idiots out there. But why challenge what your leaders tell you what to belive # liberate VA!!!!!!

3) We are set to open next week, way before the June 10th you linked to in that 7 week old article.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Gov-Northam-to-outline-details-of-Phase-1-for-reopening-570178251.html

Christ, you are an embarrassment and what makes this particular forum so hard for so many to take seriously

https://www.ballotpedia.org/Virginia_elections,_2020

Primary elections

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/03/30/virginia-governor-issues-statewide-stay-home-order-until-june-10th/

You may want to retract your ignorant comments. 

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I will retract nothing, you are an idiot lemming plain and simple.

Do you even know what you linked to? I doubt it, as reading is hard for you..let  me quote from the 5th and 7th District you posted above

On April 12, 2020, Virginia's 5th District Republican Committee voted to change the date of the convention due to concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic.

A Republican Party convention was scheduled to take place on April 25, 2020, in Virginia's 7th Congressional District to determine which Republican candidate would run in the district's general election on November 3, 2020. On April 5, 2020, Virginia's 7th District Republican Committee voted to change the date of the convention due to concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic. As of April 5, 2020, the new convention date was not known.[1]

You are a hack, lemming, with no useful ideas to contribute to this forum. 

Not one item of " information " in your original post is accurate or informative. You my friend are an unadulterated IDIOT

Further more, here is more info

Governor Ralph Northam today requested the General Assembly move the May General Election and all special elections scheduled for May 5, 2020 to the November 3, 2020 General Election date to further mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The Governor is also exercising his statutory authority (§ 24.2-603.1 of the Code of Virginia) to move the June primary elections from June 9, 2020 to June 23, 2

hmm, even assuming your June 10Th "lockdown, let elections go on though" was accurate and every Virginian was staying home..guess the June 23 date fudges that theory up

Edited by plenzmd1

I just saw a quote from the Premier League press conference "As doctors how do you approve guidelines that still carry risk of death"? To a young for man the chances of dying from Corona is not significantly higher than dying from the other normal items for men that age. That is a brain dead question unrelated to any facts in regards to Corona.

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I will retract nothing, you are an idiot lemming plain and simple.

Do you even know what you linked to? I doubt it, as reading is hard for you..let  me quote from the 5th and 7th District you posted above

You are a hack, lemming, with no useful ideas to contribute to this forum. 

Not one item of " information " in your original post is accurate or informative. You my friend are an unadulterated IDIOT

The original VA order was June 10th (that link is the local CBS station) unless Northam amended or rescinded it. He has starting lifting some things.

The VA Republican Primary was just canceled. (This link is the USA Today from...  er, today) The Republican primary was originally scheduled for June 9th, moved to June 23rd, and just canceled.

I am guessing you voted in the March 3, 2020 VA Democrat primary?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The original VA order was June 10th (that link is the local CBS station) unless Northam amended or rescinded it. He has starting lifting some things.

The VA Republican Primary was just canceled. (This link is the USA Today from...  er, today) The Republican primary was originally scheduled for June 9th, moved to June 23rd, and just canceled.

I am guessing you voted in the March 3, 2020 VA Democrat primary?

No, that is not accurate. We have an open primary in VA, it was March 3rd. Republicans cancelled their  presidential primary due to "overwhelming support of Trump" , Please research a bit more than the lemming. BTW, I may be wrong, but i highly doubt ANY state has different dates for the presidential primary by party. Dont know that for 100% certain, but pretty god dang sure.

Many ask why differing opinions and non Trump supporters dont post here? This is why. The reflexive position to support anything a Trump supporter says as as truth. You reflexibly support his  inaccurate positions even though i live and vote in VA. And lets not forget he said lets question the action of the Governor of VA based on elections..and this from the very you link you post

The Republican Party has canceled primaries in several states, citing overwhelming support for President Donald Trump’s re-election

#LiberateVA..the GOP has cancelled the primary!!!!!

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

No, that is not accurate. We have an open primary in VA, it was March 3rd. Republicans cancelled their  presidential primary due to "overwhelming support of Trump" , Please research a bit more than the lemming. BTW, I may be wrong, but i highly doubt ANY state has different dates for the presidential primary by party. Dont know that for 100% certain, but pretty god dang sure.

Many ask why differing opinions and non Trump supporters dont post here? This is why. The reflexive position to support anything a Trump supporter says as as truth. You reflexibly support his  inaccurate positions even though i live and vote in VA. And lets not forget he said lets question the action of the Governor of VA based on elections..and this from the very you link you post

The Republican Party has canceled primaries in several states, citing overwhelming support for President Donald Trump’s re-election

#LiberateVA..the GOP has cancelled the primary!!!!!

They just canceled it. It was originally scheduled for June 9th, and why everyone had a ***** fit when Northam did the June 10th lock down date. (Couldn't go out and vote on the 9th if you were locked down until the 10th.) So, to accommodate that June 10th lock down date (no one could be certain if it would be changed or amended), the Rs moved their primary to June 23rd. That cancellation of the moved June 23rd date? It came out today.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They just canceled it. It was originally scheduled for June 9th, and why everyone had a ***** fit when Northam did the June 10th lock down date. (Couldn't go out and vote on the 9th if you were locked down until the 10th.) So, to accommodate that June 10th lock down date (no one could be certain if it would be changed or amended), the Rs moved their primary to June 23rd. That cancellation of the moved June 23rd date? It came out today.

that is not even CLOSE to correct. For gods sake, do some research!!!!!! As you love to state, examine the source documents!

Edited by plenzmd1

The Virginia Republican Party has notified the Virginia Department of Elections it will not hold a primary on March 3. President Donald Trump is running for reelection and is expected to be officially selected as the state party’s nominee at a party convention. Apparently, I read that USA Today thing waaay wrong. They canceled the March 3rd one for President. Apologies

Democratic and Republican primaries to select candidates for the U.S. House and Senate are set to take place June 9, 2020. (original)

Northham changed this to June 23rd.  (Commonwealth of VA EO)

Original stay at home order for Virginia, signed March 30th. Remains in place until June 10th.

I guess. ?‍♂️

Again, for Gods sake do what you alwaysbitchh about, read thje source documents @3rdnlng posted, or is that only for whenpeoplee dont agree with you.

We have one primary date in VA, it is open, Republicans choose not to have any candidate on the ballot due to "overwhelmeing support of President Trump"..from your own link BTW. The link is dated today. does not mean the news is from today..and i know you understand this

https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/03/virginia-2020-presidential-primary-voting-guide-everything-you-need-to-know/

The Virginia Republican Party has notified the Virginia Department of Elections it will not hold a primary on March 3. President Donald Trump is running for reelection and is expected to be officially selected as the state party’s nominee at a party convention.

21 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

WTF primary are you talking about? Presidential primary?

I'm adjusting! I was wrong about the Presidential one. That was March 3rd.

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Again, for Gods sake do what you alwaysbitchh about, read thje source documents @3rdnlng posted, or is that only for whenpeoplee dont agree with you.

We have one primary date in VA, it is open, Republicans choose not to have any candidate on the ballot due to "overwhelmeing support of President Trump"..from your own link BTW. The link is dated today. does not mean the news is from today..and i know you understand this

https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/03/virginia-2020-presidential-primary-voting-guide-everything-you-need-to-know/

I just linked to the Governor's executive orders.

The original stay at home day was June 10th. (signed March 30th)
The primaries were June 9th.
He did an EO to change them to the 23rd (signed April 13th)

People were having a ***** fit, and that was why. The original lock down date of the 10th, voting for House and Senate (not president) on the 9th.

Note: the links are from the governor.virginia.gov website. So, all square, @plenzmd1?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm adjusting! I was wrong about the Presidential one. That was March 3rd.

no worries, we all fudge up. What is so frustrating on this board is just this though..he posts something that is not even close to being true, i take quotes and post from the actual document...and i still have to take an hour. to prove him wrong.. It's  why most non Trump supporters give up, as i did . 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

no worries, we all fudge up. What is so frustrating on this board is just this though..he posts something that is not even close to being true, i take quotes and post from the actual document...and i still have to take an hour. to prove him wrong.. It's  why most non Trump supporters give up, as i did . 

Did you read the governor.virginia.gov links?

People were having a ***** fit, and that was why. The original lock down date of the 10th, voting for House and Senate (not president) on the 9th.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Did you read the governor.virginia.gov links?

Please tell me what primaries and how his actions favored one party of the other? 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Please tell me what primaries and how his actions favored one party of the other? 

There was some squawk about not being able to campaign. I have no idea the exact reasons as I clearly didn't keep track of what was going on. Until I went rooting through the VA Governor website just now, I didn't even know it was changed to June 23rd.

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I posted something that was true a while back. When I read that at the time I couldn't believe how far out the date (June 10th) was from the date I read the report. It didn't make sense in any way to commit to something that far out. I then read that it was a day after an election (June 9th). Whether I was correct right up to the date or not is less important than the way you responded to BG and myself. Your responses here have been less than gentlemanly considering the way you have been treated by others. This hasn't been your finest hour. 

There was some squawk about not being able to campaign. I have no idea the exact reasons as I clearly didn't keep track of what was going on. Until I went rooting through the VA Governor website just now, I didn't even know it was changed to June 23rd.

fair enough. Couple of points

1) Primaries moved to June 23rd for both parties...from your link, signed April 13th..just about a month ago..and yet your reaction is defend his assertion that somehow the Gov of VA was doing something nefarious based on his post..

2) So if a Republican cannot campaign agaist a republican, or a democrat agaisnt a democrat...i am missing the squawk

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I posted something that was true a while back. When I read that at the time I couldn't believe how far out the date (June 10th) was from the date I read the report. It didn't make sense in any way to commit to something that far out. I then read that it was a day after an election (June 9th). Whether I was correct right up to the date or not is less important than the way you responded to BG and myself. Your responses here have been less than gentlemanly considering the way you have been treated by others. This hasn't been your finest hour. 

I don't blame @plenzmd1, we are always saying people should verify.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

no, you consistently post erroneous information in this forum, and are far from gracious to people who hold apposing views.I am always, ALWAYS, polite to people who have different ideas and don't post drivel and disrespect their fellow posters, you are not one of those posters

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

fair enough. Couple of points

1) Primaries moved to June 23rd for both parties...from your link, signed April 13th..just about a month ago..and yet your reaction is defend his assertion that somehow the Gov of VA was doing something nefarious based on his post..

2) So if a Republican cannot campaign agaist a republican, or a democrat agaisnt a democrat...i am missing the squawk

1) It would be interesting to note if he changed it on April 13th because of the howling that went up. (I don't know, that would be something that might be able to be tracked down locally, if someone cared enough.)

2) Again, no idea. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

no, you consistently post erroneous information in this forum, and are far from gracious to people who hold apposing views.I am always, ALWAYS, polite to people who have different ideas and don't post drivel and disrespect their fellow posters, you are not one of those posters

I don't suffer fools gladly. There are certain posters here who have proven over and over that their posting doesn't reserve any respect. As far as me consistently posting erroneous information here you are as wrong as can be. Prove it.

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't suffer fools gladly. There are certain posters here who have proven over and over that their posting doesn't reserve any respect. As far as me consistently posting erroneous information here you are as wrong as can be. Prove it.

The last two times i have reponded to your posts, it is because you have posted  erroneous information.

1) Your assertion on the level of quarantine for people traveling from China

2) Todays assertion that the Governor of VA was messing with the presidential primary in VA

You are the very definition of "poster who has proven over and over that their posting doesn't "reserve" any respect". 

Edited by plenzmd1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The last two times i have reponded to your posts, it is because you have posted  erroneous information.

1) Your assertion on the level of quarantine for people traveling from China

2) Todays assertion that the Governor of VA was messing with the presidential primary in VA

You are the very definition of "poster who has proven over and over that their posting doesn't "reserve" any respect". 

Quote me.

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

3rdnwrong! 

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The judge isn't letting her out. But, her go fund me is almost at $500K.  Wow.

Shows you how stupid people are!