There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

Fauci: Coronavirus immunity cards for Americans are 'being discussed'

The proposal is contingent upon the widespread deployment of antibody tests which the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration are in the process of validating in the the U.S., Fauci said.

Immunity certificates are already being implemented by researchers in Germany and have been floated by the United Kingdom and Italy, the most recent epicenter of the global outbreak in Europe.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/10/fauci-coronavirus-immunity-cards-for-americans-are-being-discussed-178784

Just now, ALF said:

The proposal is contingent upon the widespread deployment of antibody tests which the National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration are in the process of validating in the the U.S., Fauci said.

Immunity certificates are already being implemented by researchers in Germany and have been floated by the United Kingdom and Italy, the most recent epicenter of the global outbreak in Europe.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/10/fauci-coronavirus-immunity-cards-for-americans-are-being-discussed-178784

"Papers please."

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

That I don't know, I think they got incorrectly caught up in the cancelling of Disco in the early 80s.

It’s a shame. That was one of those albums that had multiple great tracks. Very consistent all the way through. Thanks for making me pause and remember it. ?

39 minutes ago, ALF said:

Terrible idea.   Hopefully they reject this abomination of a proposal.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I think it is a bad thing.  It’s one more step down the road of humans isolating themselves from other humans, which is a profoundly alienating experience.  We are genetically hard-wired to live in close physical proximity to and mutually rely upon a group of other humans.  As our society evolves more toward individuals being able to learn, work and play without close contact with others, we move farther away from that hard-wired core.  The result is widespread alienation and unhappiness, with huge consequences in terms of things like mental health, PTSD, and suicide.  This latest crisis seems likely to exacerbate those trends, and I would argue that it’s not a good thing.   

i believe you might have taken the quoted material out of context. go back and read the preceding conversation.

Logical Song is amazing, among many others.

I think this is the right place for this.  I love getting advice from people currently pulling a paycheck.  Her(?) opinion is worth less than an NBA player.  Maybe in July when nobody can turn a TV on, she'll be out on the street, without a job, rueing her current opinion?

My personal speculation - Many people are going to look stupid when the "widespread testing" proves it has already spread to >75% of the country.  And don't give me the crap answer "uhhh, the hospitals would have been overrun if that has happened".  It's been in the US since December 2019, making it's way thru many small circles, and most people pull thru. It's only when it hits a big city that anyone notices.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

Another band bites the dust, eh?

Ha. But I have no idea if that had anything to do with their slide into irrelevance. But I loved Supertramp and along comes Queen and it’s “Supertramp?  Naaaah. Don’t listen to them anymore.”  

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

Terrible idea.   Hopefully they reject this abomination of a proposal.

Not to be outdone, Kentucky police are going to take down the license plate numbers of anyone caught at Easter services and force them into mandatory quarantine. It's coming.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ha. But I have no idea if that had anything to do with their slide into irrelevance. But I loved Supertramp and along comes Queen and it’s “Supertramp?  Naaaah. Don’t listen to them anymore.”  

Was that really the chronology? Somehow I would’ve had Supertramp after Queen, not before....but you may be right.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Ahh yes.  I was too young during this music time period, but I can definitely relate as I was a Metallica/Anthrax/Pantera/etc. metal head growing up.  I had to reject liking any "hair metal" band, even if their music sounded great.  Poison, Crue, Ratt, Bon Jovi, nuh-uh.

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Was that really the chronology? Somehow I would’ve had Supertramp after Queen, not before....but you may be right.

Understand that Chef Jim was once an actual chef. Chefs are a little to a lot screwy. I mean, he serves the salad last for fvcks sake. 

43 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Logical Song is amazing, among many others.

I think this is the right place for this.  I love getting advice from people currently pulling a paycheck.  Her(?) opinion is worth less than an NBA player.  Maybe in July when nobody can turn a TV on, she'll be out on the street, without a job, rueing her current opinion?

My personal speculation - Many people are going to look stupid when the "widespread testing" proves it has already spread to >75% of the country.  And don't give me the crap answer "uhhh, the hospitals would have been overrun if that has happened".  It's been in the US since December 2019, making it's way thru many small circles, and most people pull thru. It's only when it hits a big city that anyone notices.

You think that from December to May, over 75% of the country will have gotten Covid19?

So this is the most contagious disease of all time by a fantastic margin never before seen in history? 

I am guessing you don’t work at the CDC. 

China's Wuhan to keep testing residents as coronavirus lockdown eases

WUHAN, China (Reuters) - China’s Wuhan city, where the global coronavirus pandemic began, is still testing residents regularly despite relaxing its tough two-month lockdown, with the country wary of a rebound in cases even as it sets its sights on normalising the economy.

“We carry out comprehensive health checks everyday and keep detailed records of their health condition,” she said, adding that there is no likelihood of asymptomatic cases in her community.

“Currently our neighbourhood is an epidemic-free community - it’s been 45 days so far, so we don’t have this situation,” she said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china/chinas-wuhan-to-keep-testing-residents-as-coronavirus-lockdown-eases-idUSKCN21S0FV

This will be the place to keep a eye on