There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

California to close all beaches after crowds ignore social distancing rules

by Kenneth Garger

Original Article

California will reportedly close all beaches and state parks beginning Friday after swells of beachgoers fled to the shore last weekend in defiance of social distancing rules.The state’s governor, Gavin Newsom, will formally announce the decision Thursday, according to a memo outlining the move obtained by FOX 11.“After well-publicized media coverage of overcrowded beaches this past weekend, in violation of Governor Newson’s shelter in place order, the governor will be announcing tomorrow that beaches and all state parks in California will be closed, effective Friday, May 1,”

This weekend seems like a good time to take a stand in California.

If tens of thousands show up............what will be their response ?

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can’t really fault the police officers generally here, and personally don’t see any crazy power trip.   I definitely see/hear three frustrated people arguing and displaying very little respect for one and other.  I’m not quite certain about the exchange at the end...they apparently knew who the lady was as they were at her house and the first officer called her Amy. The give me your name and middle initial question was grade schoolish, but as they were putting her on a naughty list probably par for the course.  Observation:  the officers were not wearing masks and clearly were with 6 feet of one another when this started.  I also feel like I hear a wood chipper struggling off in the distance, almost as it it’s trying  to shred a human leg.  Weird. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

That's going to be interesting to see if that Health Department dicta holds. The mayor of Knox County is pretty libertarian.

He's also ~7 feet tall, and a professional wrestler.

This is their mayor:

wwe-kane-fire-glenn-jacobs.jpg

(I'm not joking.)

• Haha (+1) 1

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: The Stay-At-Home Peasants Are Revolting. 

“Many people have been noting recently that the likelihood of mild acts of civil disobedience will increase the longer this goes on.

Heck, my governor just extended his order here in Arizona and we haven’t even been hit that badly with it. At some point I’m going to need a clearer explanation about why I can’t go see my eye doctor.”

Because shut up, prole.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

More "thugs" per tibsy...............how dare she resist.

5 Michigan businesses sue Gov. Whitmer over constitutional rights.

RZpcZUe.gif

I applaud her for having the courage to stand up to a tyrannical , power mad Governor. Hopefully more and more people decide its time to act out. The data do not support draconian lockdowns, denying individuals their right to make a living; their pursuit of happiness. 

• Like (+1) 5

You’re not supposed to travel more than 10 miles for outdoor recreation during Colorado’s safer-at-home phase.

The new safer-at-home order is in effect through at least May 27, meaning that Coloradans are expected to stay close to home past Memorial Day, the unofficial start of the summer and a popular weekend for camping and hiking. The fear is that visitors will either contract or spread the virus in areas of the state not as well equipped to deal with mass infections.

“You made the sacrifice of staying at home for 32 days,” Polis said at a news conference on Monday. “I think you can make the sacrifice of going to your second or third favorite park for another month.”

I think Karen should mind his own business.

• Like (+1) 4