Mortgage Payments

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

The NY Times reports today that a group of mortgage lenders are working on a plan to suspend mortgage payments until the economy turns around.  Now that's a stimulus.

From what I gather the plan to pause payments isn't for the purpose of using that money to stimulus the economy. It is to allow people who have lost income because of the epidemic and can't pay their mortgages. It is essentially a pause in payments for people who lost their jobs through no fault of their own so they won't be foreclosed. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/business/coronavirus-mortgage-payments-banks.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/03/18/fannie-mae-freddie-mac-suspend-foreclosures-covid-19-response/2866184001/

42 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

The NY Times reports today that a group of mortgage lenders are working on a plan to suspend mortgage payments until the economy turns around.  Now that's a stimulus.

...certainly will need these types of partnerships to form to get through this....

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My wife has been WFH and has been on conference calls today discussing exactly this.  She just told me about it.  Lots of moving parts to get it implemented, but it’s a huge priority. 

Not exactly sure what you are saying here... Wells Fargo? 

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Not exactly sure what you are saying here... Wells Fargo? 

No.  A bank with a Cleveland-Buffalo connection.  Just confirming that it is happening and that at least one bank a lot of Buffalonians have mortgages with is on it.  Just might take a little while to work through the details of setting it up, but it is coming as fast as they can get it done.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

No.  A bank with a Cleveland-Buffalo connection.  Just confirming that it is happening and that at least one bank a lot of Buffalonians have mortgages with is on it.  Just might take a little while to work through the details of setting it up, but it is coming as fast as they can get it done.

I see... thanks for the clarification.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Everybody or those just Laid off?

Not sure. I checked on our banks website and it said if you wanted to suspend mortgage payments for 90 days to call them. So I'm thinking it's not just automatic