Foles to CHI

WMDman

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Haskins was drafted to be the future in Washington. Fitz and Tyrod are placeholders this season until the guys the Dolphins and Chargers draft are ready to start. Foles was just traded to compete with Trubisky for the Bears starting job. He may still be better then them at this point in his career, but those 3 teams aren't looking for someone to come in and start for them now. Cams only choice right now might be to take a job as a backup somewhere for the season and wait til someone gets hurt in TC or early in the year unless he would rather sit at home until an opportunity pops up. 

Haskins isn't secure in DC.  New leadership is there and Haskins didn't light it up last season.  Don't be shocked if they grab Cam.  Haskins could benefit from sitting a couple years.  He wasn't supposed to start last year. Keemun wasn't good enough to make it stay that way. 

No guarantee Miami has the chance to draft the guy they want.  In which case Cam.  If he's shown to be healthy I think Cam will get his chance to compete to be a starter. But that won't come until physicals are possible again.

Edited by purple haze

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Haskins was drafted to be the future in Washington. Fitz and Tyrod are placeholders this season until the guys the Dolphins and Chargers draft are ready to start. Foles was just traded to compete with Trubisky for the Bears starting job. He may still be better then them at this point in his career, but those 3 teams aren't looking for someone to come in and start for them now. Cams only choice right now might be to take a job as a backup somewhere for the season and wait til someone gets hurt in TC or early in the year unless he would rather sit at home until an opportunity pops up. 

so now there is a new regime in Washington that has no stake in Haskins. This bears watching. I guess we'll know soon if Rivera has Newton's back

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was amazing in that SB. 

Did anyone ever think Trubisky was going to be great? I hated him coming out of college.  I think the hope was he could be good enough to not kill a team.  It was a terrible pick and considering they traded up and passed on Mahomes and Watson, it’s one of the worst picks in nfl history. 

Jamarcus Russell wins that award. He's not even in the top 50, except by degree of comparison to who they missed out on.

Lest we forget he was a Pro Bowler last year with a 95 passer rating, 7.4 YPA and 230 yards per game and a 66% completion rate in year 2. It might have been the scheme that helped.

He regressed and Nagy sees more upside to Foles.

He's not a bust, he would make a decent backup in the league. A bust is someone who doesn't deserve to be on the sideline.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Let’s help Chicago out with their salary cap issues. Give them our 2nd this year and next years 1st for Khalil Mack.

Then, Super Bowl.

It’s window time. Go for it!

He wasn't productive last year...i wouldn't give a 1st for him even though they would ask for a 1st haha but his contract is too big and we'll have to extend Tre soon so it's just my opinion but i'm not a fan ;)