Chargers trading Russell Okung to Panthers for Trai Turner

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Trying to figure out why panthers would want him. He missed most of last season with a serious illness and is 33. 

Likewise and they have two young tackles they drafted. Greg Little played better as a rookie than I expected him to and Morton had a really good year on the right side. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Crazy.. I can understand Carolina wanting Okung because he apparently wants out of LA but I don’t understand why they’d trade turner straight up. Get older and one less year of contract control. Strange. Plus Carolina still has Greg Little who was a good prospect. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Waiting for the other shoe to drop. This smells like the double trade Giants and Cleveland did last year for OBJ. 

I don’t expect this to be it. 

If this is it, I would have to seriously question why the Carolina GM still has a job. There’s tanking and then there’s just dumb. 
Turner could of fetched draft picks instead of a 31 year old oft injured tackle on an expiring contract. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

If this is it, I would have to seriously question why the Carolina GM still has a job. There’s tanking and then there’s just dumb. 
Turner could of fetched draft picks instead of a 31 year old oft injured tackle on an expiring contract. 

Next up: Christian McCaffrey for Todd Gurley!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Likewise and they have two young tackles they drafted. Greg Little played better as a rookie than I expected him to and Morton had a really good year on the right side. 

Yeah didn’t they trade up ahead of the Bills last year to take Little?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Trying to figure out why panthers would want him. He missed most of last season with a serious illness and is 33. 

Loading up for the tank!!   

Oh, sorry, wrong sport....

• Haha (+1) 1