Spotrac Guesses on Potential Bills extensions (edited title)

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, Matthew Fairburn says it sounds like extensions for White, Dawkins, and Milano are a matter of when, not if and that McBeane view those three as long-term core players.

not worth much to me

3 hours ago, nucci said:

I don't think Milano gets another contract from the Bills. I think you can improve on him with the draft

I see Milano getting another contract.  He's good. Can't have a stud everywhere.  We need more depth, but I could see the LB from Wyoming being a potential replacement.  I also think his number here is way too high.  

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, Matthew Fairburn says it sounds like extensions for White, Dawkins, and Milano are a matter of when, not if and that McBeane view those three as long-term core players.

good.  Esp. White and Dawkins, who are game-changers at their positions.  We need more elite players.  Milano is a resign if we can get him at a fair (not inflated like the # above) price.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I see Milano getting another contract.  He's good. Can't have a stud everywhere.  We need more depth, but I could see the LB from Wyoming being a potential replacement.  I also think his number here is way too high.  

good.  Esp. White and Dawkins, who are game-changers at their positions.  We need more elite players.  Milano is a resign if we can get him at a fair (not inflated like the # above) price.  

Possibly Milano and of course White and Dawkins but is Dawkins really a game changer?  He's a good LT

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I have to hear how Dawkins is a game changer... I mean, I like the guy, but what???

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Spotrac Guesses on Potential Bills extensions (edited title)

Milano misses ONE (difficult) tackle in a visible moment in the playoffs....and suddenly everyone wants to let him walk or say he "struggles to tackle".

Ridiculous.

He'll be re-signed, as he should.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Milano misses ONE (difficult) tackle in a visible moment in the playoffs....and suddenly everyone wants to let him walk or say he "struggles to tackle".

Ridiculous.

Milano ranked 11th in the league in terms of missing the most tackles. It wasn’t exactly a rare occurrence.

That said, I would like to see him re-signed provides that he doesn’t want silly money.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ridiculous.

I believe Milano is one of the players Beane has specifically mentioned as upcoming needs to sign our own "draft and develop" guys

He also made the point that they won't be crucifying guys who played well all year but made mistakes in the Houston game, nor inflating guys who had meh seasons but stepped up in that one.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ridiculous.

If that's the play people use for their argument against Milano, then they are not worth arguing with. They have shown the hand they are playing with and it's short a few cards.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

The utter disrespect for what Milano brings to the table is insane to me. 

All these capologist on TBD, sitting at their keyboard/with their phone, just undervaluing Milano like hes ***** fodder.

Either that, or people realize that it’s not difficult to find LBs. They got him in the 5th round. Mid-round picks consistently able to contribute at LB immediately. Every year there are Jayon Browns, DeVondre Campbell’s, Matt Milano’s, and Cory Littleton’s that manage it.

Keep him if it makes sense, but there’s no reason to pay him like a pro bowl player when he’s a role player.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Milano ranked 11th in the league in terms of missing the most tackles. It wasn’t exactly a rare occurrence.

That said, I would like to see him re-signed provides that he doesn’t want silly money.

I could be wrong, but I think to put that in context one would have to look at how many tackles he makes. 

One would also have to have something the Bills have, and we lack - knowledge of his responsibility on a play.

15 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Miffed at why Matt Milano would be re-signed at 50M over 4 years.  Nice player, but not someone I'm handing 12.5M AAV.  

Not even Star Lotulelei could garner a deal of that magnitude! ;)

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yup.  Little rich for a LB who struggles to make tackles.

They can re-up Tre any time.

Milano is an excellent player. We saw huge drop offs from the defense when he was out. He deserves to get paid and he will continue to be a big part of the defense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I think to put that in context one would have to look at how many tackles he makes. 

One would also have to have something the Bills have, and we lack - knowledge of his responsibility on a play.

I don’t cite that as a knock; just as a point of reference that it’s not uncommon.

His missed tackle rate was 13%; pretty much middling for a starting LB.

The guy that missed a bajillion tackles was Jordan Phillips. 24% missed tackle rate ?

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Either that, or people realize that it’s not difficult to find LBs. They got him in the 5th round. Mid-round picks consistently able to contribute at LB immediately. Every year there are Jayon Browns, DeVondre Campbell’s, Matt Milano’s, and Cory Littleton’s that manage it.

Keep him if it makes sense, but there’s no reason to pay him like a pro bowl player when he’s a role player.

Another bad take. Milano WILL be resigned and will receive a big contract, and it is much deserved.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

The fact you think Milano is just easily replaceable... not much more really here to say

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The Pittsburg "Linebacker U" philosophy that I believe McDermott and Frazier like, is indeed to look for value at LB in the mid-rounds, but it's far more typical for those guys to take a year or two to develop. 

And I think McDermott and Frazier do feel Milano has a somewhat unique skill set.  Milano is a "tweener" who was asked to step up as more of a LB role and did so.  Hyde has commented on how unusual he found the Bills personnel choices until he arrived and saw how they used Milano (and how he was able to play).

Just now, MJS said:

Another bad take. Milano WILL be resigned and will receive a big contract, and it is much deserved.

Another bad take? How so?

Please show me anything that was incorrect about my post?

Until then, feel free to respond to that last post from me in the “you don’t get starters for anything other than high draft picks” discussion ?