Buffalo716

Rolling Stones coming back to the Ralph!

On 2/4/2020 at 9:18 PM, Augie said:

My first concert as a kid in ‘75 or 76 was the Stones at Rich Stadium.  THAT was eye opening! Not only was the music and the crowd amazing, they had bed sheets hanging from the upper bowl with the menu of the illicit items for sale. I thought I had stepped through the looking glass! 

I think I next saw them there in the summer of ‘78, and it was still good, but not life changing. In the mid 90’s in Tampa, I think I wanted to nap as much as the band. It was slightly better than a good episode of Murder, She Wrote. 

I was at both of those shows. The 78 show was the 4th of July, after the show we all went to my friend's beach house at Sunset Bay and partied all weekend. Good times indeed!

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/7/2020 at 2:26 AM, Buftex said:

I saw them last summer in Houston (my 12th time since 1978), and they were still pretty damn good.  Yeah, they are old, but they aren't dead. Every time I see them, I assume it will be the last time...but it looks like I have an Austin and Buffalo show in my future.  

My only real complaint about their shows is that with a catalog of close to 500 songs, it would be great to see them dig a little deeper for some deeper cuts. Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Woman and Jumping Jack Flash are amazing songs...but I would be fine if they didn't do them every time I see them.  GIve me Time Waits For No One, or Slave...so many great songs....why limit it to pretty much the same 23-25 songs every night?

Why only play the same 23 or so songs everytime?  Guessing it probably has something to do with them pushing 80 and having spent the better part of the last 60 years frying their brains.  They've got most of those 23 locked down but probably don't even remember 1/2 their catalog.  :p. 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Why only play the same 23 or so songs everytime?  Guessing it probably has something to do with them pushing 80 and having spent the better part of the last 60 years frying their brains.  They've got most of those 23 locked down but probably don't even remember 1/2 their catalog.  :p. 

most rock tours are the same set list, with the internet you can see for yourself

Charlie’s 29 minute drum solo is usually 2/3 of the way through

I’ll be shocked if the stones play twenty tunes.  Saw them at rich I think 97 bridges of Babylon tour

3 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

I’ll be shocked if the stones play twenty tunes.  Saw them at rich I think 97 bridges of Babylon tour

Yes it was bridges of Babylon

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

set lists for last year were roughly 20 including encores

I can predict what their going to play. No new cd not interested anymore. Have all the CDs, and dvds. 

Charlie Watts’ birthday is June 2nd, he will be 79 when he plays New Era.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Charlie Watts’ birthday is June 2nd, he will be 79 when he plays New Era.

Holy cow. Wembly wammer

On 2/9/2020 at 2:39 PM, Helpmenow said:

They always do. At least 20.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

They always do. At least 20.

nope, but they don't need you to speak for them "always"  :D

• Like (+1) 1

There are some positives about the current set lists. The Keith set and Miss You make for a nice extended piss break. Also, you can get a head start on exiting traffic as soon as Gimme Shelter ends and Satisfaction begins.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Oh yeah, the ticket pre-sale is going on now on TM.

Password for Rolling Stones Fan Club tickets is RAINBOW

A friend bought 2 tickets today.  Endzone section 101 (I think that section). $170 each + another $90 in fees. $430 altogether.

No thanks.

43 minutes ago, Rico said:

Thank you for the promo code!

Just copped 2 for my father and I section 137!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Thought you in particular would get a kick out of this... the debut of the Stones:

Image may contain: text

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Love the band, won’t pay those prices.

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the prices? 

We saw the Eagles last weekend In Atlanta. We had close to the worst seats in the house at State Farm Arena, far end of the arena, almost the top of the upper bowl. It was $1,500+ for four seats. Big names get big prices these days, I guess! 

Like the Stones, they could play all weekend and you might know every song. It must have been more than 20 as they played for 3 and a half hours with one brief break. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the prices? 

We saw the Eagles last weekend In Atlanta. We had close to the worst seats in the house at State Farm Arena, far end of the arena, almost the top of the upper bowl. It was $1,500+ for four seats. Big names get big prices these days, I guess! 

Like the Stones, they could play all weekend and you might know every song. It must have been more than 20 as they played for 3 and a half hours with one brief break. 

I copped 2 tickets for my father and I Augie for the Stones

Lower bowl section 137

600 bucks for 2 tickets

Can't wait to see them with my father who saw them for the first time 50 years ago!

How were the eagles?

Edited by Buffalo716

Man, tickets were expensive! Most the concerts I go to now are much smaller, so I am not scrambling for tickets. Getting in that site yesterday was a hoot. Like 8 different “ presale”’ categories, and I am not exaggerating. Reminded  me of getting in an airplane now!

anyway, seats we wanted were $350, so I passed for now and hope they come down. I can’t really see them going up by much, but can see them coming down. Could be wrong, but willing to gamble!

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I copped 2 tickets for my father and I Augie for the Stones

Lower bowl section 137

600 bucks for 2 tickets

Can't wait to see them with my father who saw them for the first time 50 years ago!

How were the eagles?

Eagles were good. Not the show I’d most want to see, but a great night out with wife and friends and dinner beforehand. The first set was Hotel California, each song in order to the note. Could have been a recording. Second set more “concert-like”. 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man, tickets were expensive! Most the concerts I go to now are much smaller, so I am not scrambling for tickets. Getting in that site yesterday was a hoot. Like 8 different “ presale”’ categories, and I am not exaggerating. Reminded  me of getting in an airplane now!

anyway, seats we wanted were $350, so I passed for now and hope they come down. I can’t really see them going up by much, but can see them coming down. Could be wrong, but willing to gamble!

If I was going, I would try for Lucky Dips tomorrow. Fraction of the cost, but you have no idea where you will be sitting until you go into the stadium. You could be in the pit, or in the last row of the upper deck.

https://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2716744

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Eagles were good. Not the show I’d most want to see, but a great night out with wife and friends and dinner beforehand. The first set was Hotel California, each song in order to the note. Could have been a recording. Second set more “concert-like”. 

You really think they would record it?