Rolling Stones coming back to the Ralph!

Buffalo716

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Oh yeah, the ticket pre-sale is going on now on TM.

Password for Rolling Stones Fan Club tickets is RAINBOW

Thought you in particular would get a kick out of this... the debut of the Stones:

Image may contain: text

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Love the band, won’t pay those prices.

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the prices? 

We saw the Eagles last weekend In Atlanta. We had close to the worst seats in the house at State Farm Arena, far end of the arena, almost the top of the upper bowl. It was $1,500+ for four seats. Big names get big prices these days, I guess! 

Like the Stones, they could play all weekend and you might know every song. It must have been more than 20 as they played for 3 and a half hours with one brief break. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the prices? 

We saw the Eagles last weekend In Atlanta. We had close to the worst seats in the house at State Farm Arena, far end of the arena, almost the top of the upper bowl. It was $1,500+ for four seats. Big names get big prices these days, I guess! 

Like the Stones, they could play all weekend and you might know every song. It must have been more than 20 as they played for 3 and a half hours with one brief break. 

I copped 2 tickets for my father and I Augie for the Stones

Lower bowl section 137

600 bucks for 2 tickets

Can't wait to see them with my father who saw them for the first time 50 years ago!

How were the eagles?

Edited by Buffalo716

Man, tickets were expensive! Most the concerts I go to now are much smaller, so I am not scrambling for tickets. Getting in that site yesterday was a hoot. Like 8 different “ presale”’ categories, and I am not exaggerating. Reminded  me of getting in an airplane now!

anyway, seats we wanted were $350, so I passed for now and hope they come down. I can’t really see them going up by much, but can see them coming down. Could be wrong, but willing to gamble!

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I copped 2 tickets for my father and I Augie for the Stones

Lower bowl section 137

600 bucks for 2 tickets

Can't wait to see them with my father who saw them for the first time 50 years ago!

How were the eagles?

Eagles were good. Not the show I’d most want to see, but a great night out with wife and friends and dinner beforehand. The first set was Hotel California, each song in order to the note. Could have been a recording. Second set more “concert-like”. 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Man, tickets were expensive! Most the concerts I go to now are much smaller, so I am not scrambling for tickets. Getting in that site yesterday was a hoot. Like 8 different “ presale”’ categories, and I am not exaggerating. Reminded  me of getting in an airplane now!

anyway, seats we wanted were $350, so I passed for now and hope they come down. I can’t really see them going up by much, but can see them coming down. Could be wrong, but willing to gamble!

If I was going, I would try for Lucky Dips tomorrow. Fraction of the cost, but you have no idea where you will be sitting until you go into the stadium. You could be in the pit, or in the last row of the upper deck.

https://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2716744

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Eagles were good. Not the show I’d most want to see, but a great night out with wife and friends and dinner beforehand. The first set was Hotel California, each song in order to the note. Could have been a recording. Second set more “concert-like”. 

You really think they would record it?

33 minutes ago, bbb said:

What is this??

All info is in that thread. Stones have done this the last few tours. You buy a pair of tickets for like $100 or less total, but you don’t know where your seats are until you pick them up. You have to go thru the Stones tickets web page for the link to TM. They go very fast once the official sale starts.

Me, I’ve never had any problem self-upgrading my seats in a stadium show once inside if necessary, if you know what I mean. Others may be less inclined to take a chance.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

All info is in that thread. Stones have done this the last few tours. You buy a pair of tickets for like $100 or less total, but you don’t know where your seats are until you pick them up. You have to go thru the Stones tickets web page for the link to TM. They go very fast once the official sale starts.

Me, I’ve never had any problem self-upgrading my seats in a stadium show once inside if necessary, if you know what I mean. Others may be less inclined to take a chance.

They did something similar on a tour maybe ten years ago.  The front floor tickets were something $400-500 bucks, but the very front row was $100.  Even on ticketmaster. 

1 minute ago, driddles said:

Scooped up 2 singles in the 200 level, both aisle seats and across from each other for only... $94 each.  My wife and I have been able to get tickets this way for lots of shows lately.  

Do they price the singles cheaper?  

7 minutes ago, bbb said:

They did something similar on a tour maybe ten years ago.  The front floor tickets were something $400-500 bucks, but the very front row was $100.  Even on ticketmaster. 

Do they price the singles cheaper?  

Most shows seem to, they don't want empty seats and most people aren't looking for singles.  Sometimes it's amazing what shows up if you drop the ticket number from 2 to 1.  We've been to shows where we sit one in front of the other for a fraction of the price. 

When I say 'singles' it's when say seats 1, 2, 4, and 5 have sold.  Seat 3 is basically an orphan seat now, no one seems to look for the solo seat.

Edited by driddles
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

You really think they would record it?

No, but it was note for note. Exactly They even had this thing where they showed a turntable and made a big production of putting the album on it, playing up that it is the Hotel California tour. Every song on the album in order. Then the intermission, then more live music with the typical concert riffs. 

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

No, but it was note for note. Exactly They even had this thing where they showed a turntable and made a big production of putting the album on it, playing up that it is the Hotel California tour. Every song on the album in order. Then the intermission, then more live music with the typical concert riffs. 

I've heard this many times about them... why not just stay at the house and crank it out into the backyard. 

Guy I know works in security in Tampa for concerts. Said when he did the Eagles show they were instructed to never directly look at any of the members of the group. And this was back in the tunnels and hallways. Kind of dickish if you asked me.