Favorite ESPN 30 for 30 documentary

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is this what’s called a cliffhanger?

It was about a college b-ball player who stomped the ***** out of a small kid in a bar here in.

Binghamton. He got out of jail and fled to his home country in Serbia. His Visa was confiscated but the Serbian embassy gave him another so he could flee. It was my case. Guys name was Miladin Kovacevic.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

It was about a college b-ball player who stomped the ***** out of a small kid in a bar here in.

Binghamton. He got out of jail and fled to his home country in Serbia. His Visa was confiscated but the Serbian embassy gave him another so he could flee. It was my case. Guys name was Miladin Kovacevic.

Did you guys find out why he did it?  What happened with the kid?

11 hours ago, Needle said:

"The Best That Never Was"

and

"Nature Boy"

I like all of them but some are better than others. These two are my favorite.  The story of Marcus Dupree is something I wasn't very familiar with and I thought it was really well done.  "Nature Boy" was great too and Ric Flair was the man when I was a kid. 

I also really liked the Marcus Dupree story.  For some reason, I just found it captivating.  

I also liked "Jordan rides the Bus"....about his baseball endeavors.  

All of the ones mentioned above that I have seen were great - I have some to catch up on though...

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is insane.

He's been in acoma twice.

21 broken bones.

23 surgeries.

100+ concussions (I'm not sure that's accurate)

Image result for mat hoffman injury list"

i'm just reading about this now.  the kid was 135 lbs.  my god.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you guys find out why he did it?  What happened with the kid?

He did it because the kid allegedly pinched his buddy's girlfriends ass. The kid that got his ass kicked almost died and went through extensive rehabilitation. 

The Serb government tried Kovacevic and found him guilty but he got some ridiculously light sentence. He was paraded around the Serbian Parliament like he was a national hero.

Anyway, there is still an International warrant out for Kovacevic. If he steps out of Serbia and into a country that we have an extradition  agreement with he will be brought back here and tried.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He did it because the kid allegedly pinched his buddy's girlfriends ass. The kid that got his ass kicked almost died and went through extensive rehabilitation. 

The Serb government tried Kovacevic and found him guilty but he got some ridiculously light sentence. He was paraded around the Serbian Parliament like he was a national hero.

Anyway, there is still an International warrant out for Kovacevic. If he steps out of Serbia and into a country that we have an extradition  agreement with he will be brought back here and tried.

Are you in the DA office?  

The U

Catholics vs Convicts

Requiem for the Big East

Survive and Advance

Four Falls of Buffalo

The Legend of Jimmy the Greek (this was awesome btw, highly underrated).

Guru of Go

The Two Escobars

When the Garden was Eden

The House of Steinbrenner

I Hate Christian Laettner

Pony Excess

The 85 Bears

Unhittable: Sidd Finch and the Tibetan Fastball

Nature Boy

Honorable Mention: The Class that Saved Coach K - while technically not a 30 for 30 its a well done documentary by ESPN films.

Edited by bills_fan

On 2/4/2020 at 1:23 PM, Ned Flanders said:

I feel the same way.

"Requiem for the Big East" is a great one and I really liked "Catholics vs. Convicts"...the whole story on how that guy hustled the t-shirts was very entertaining. 

Catholics Vs Convicts was really interesting, especially the part when the kid finally made it as a walk on for the basketball team & Digger Phelps had to dismiss him because of the business he was running & told him "you threw your life's dream away for a couple thousand bucks."  

The 30/30 are excellent, I wish they would make more of them.  The 4 falls of Buffalo was good I guess since it hit home, but I thought it was one of the fluffier 30 for 30s that ESPN ran.  I thought they should of been a bit harder on the Bills & dig into the parting & stuff like that but they went for the angle this team never gave up.