The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still no plan and Americans are dying left and right.

Think about all the dances you can attend then.  Aren't you happy?

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Not as happy as you...

Because I was the one popping into threads with gleeful counts of dead bodies caused by your stars?

Your parents raised you well, obviously.

6 hours ago, shoshin said:

The weekend thing is one of the most consistent and amusing data trends. 

One thing this entire pandemic system has revealed (no ***** Sherlock coming) is how awful our medical reporting is, and that is in spite of the minutia of reporting that providers have to do. I hope that we as a country come up with a better system so that the next time this happens, we can make more informed decisions. 

I will use hospitalizations as the latest and most critical example. Most states have this data, but many (like PA that I know well), were klooging it together for weeks and only just now have it together in a close to real-time basis. And it would be great if those data streams fed a central one so we could see if we have statewide issues or regional ones, ie, does what's happening in Philadelphia extend to nearby Camden NJ or are their situations different (turns out they were pretty different but it took a long time to get to see that). 

Well some people have the good sense not to drop dead on the Sabbath. 0:)

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Well, if Trump didn't absolutely destroy our pandemic infrastructure like he has starting in 2018 - we could have maybe waited to the absolute last minute (like he did) to let Governors know... instead; he waited; denied and Americans died.

And Trump still has NO plan for this pandemic.

made w/ Imgflip meme maker

It's interesting Georgia hasn't seen an increase in cases given their governor was heavily criticized for opening too early.  It seems the states that weren't as heavily impacted at first by Covid are seeing a rise in cases and those that did are seeing a decline.  I wonder if air conditioning impacts the number of cases at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Because I was the one popping into threads with gleeful counts of dead bodies caused by your stars?

Your parents raised you well, obviously.

Glee? Not so much... but you’re also the one who will gleefully vote for Trump again and endorse his incompetence. So by extension - blood all over your hands too!

Also - enjoy:

Just now, BillStime said:

Glee? Not so much... but you’re also the one who will gleefully vote for Trump again and endorse his incompetence. So by extension - blood all over your hands too!

Also - enjoy:

Nobody has forgotten that you have yet to answer the very specific question of what should have been done in November to prevent the spread.  Simple question, no answer. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Be nice if those FL cases wouldn't keep popping up like this. 

It's not like they discovered contact tracing and tripled testing capacity 7 days ago. The trajectory of this curve is not the one anyone wants to see.

CASES6018-701x515.thumb.jpg.65402302778616192865c23df172947a.jpg

I'm confused. I thought we only cared about hospital cases (specifically ICU cases). People getting COVID-19 and not getting horribly sick (asymptomatic) is how we reach herd immunity, isn't it? Is that graph showing people in hospital beds? In the ICU? Or simply more people showing they have COVID-19 as more testing is done?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm confused. I thought we only cared about hospital cases (specifically ICU cases). People getting COVID-19 and not getting horribly sick (asymptomatic) is how we reach herd immunity, isn't it? Is that graph showing people in hospital beds? In the ICU? Or simply more people showing they have COVID-19 as more testing is done?

Let me clear up your confusion. ALL OF THIS goes away on the second Wednesday in November...bank on it!

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Let me clear up your confusion. ALL OF THIS goes away on the second Wednesday in November...bank on it!

Kinda like H1N1, huh? Oh wait, that was never a "thing".... Obama didn't have to close down the economy, people were not screeching we were touching one another, not wearing masks, and political rallies were gonna make us all diiiiiiiiiiiiiie.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

23 minutes ago, GG said:

Nobody has forgotten that you have yet to answer the very specific question of what should have been done in November to prevent the spread.  Simple question, no answer. 

Oh I've answered it. Imagine how Governors could have prepared for the virus if Trump shared intelligence sooner??  Imagine how the US could have taken a holistic approach to getting supplies that they need; instead of competing against each other and the federal government?

Where was the F'in leadership when it MATTERED MOST?

Acting quickly, with a complete pandemic team, would have saved a lot of lives...

I mean - my god - Trumps team wouldn't communicate the use of face masks UNTIL FREAKN APRIL because they KNEW there were shortages.

WHO THE F IS POTUS?

Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough

Edited by BillStime

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh I've answered it. Imagine how Governors could have prepared for the virus if Trump shared intelligence sooner??  Imagine how the US could have taken a holistic approach to getting supplies that they need; instead of competing against each other and the federal government?

Where was the F'in leadership when it MATTERED MOST?

Acting quickly, with a complete pandemic team, would have saved a lot of lives...

I mean - my god - Trumps team wouldn't communicate the use of face masks UNTIL FREAKN APRIL because they KNEW there were shortages.

WHO THE F IS POTUS?

Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough

Are you intentionally trying to prove that you are a blithering idiot?

Everything you described actually happened!

The "non-existent" pandemic response team created the Wuhan virus task force in January and there was constant dialogue between the Feds and the high risk states from January through February.  Most governors took the warnings seriously.   Throughout this time, the response from NYS was that everything was fine, despite many people's concerns that NYS wasn't taking the threat seriously.  Who told people to go out and enjoy a movie on March 2?  Who was still squabbling on March 11 about holding St Patty's parade?  

Why were the only states to have severe outbreaks and deaths were the ones following Cuomo's lead instead of the Fed's guidelines?

The story is more clear that NYS completely fubared the response, yet because Cuomo gave good press conferences people ignored dead bodies being dumped on Hart Island and in uHauls.  None of that had to happen if the governor was more concerned about what's happening in his state and not fighting with the moron Nazi mayor.  Thousands died unnecessarily because the two numbskulls can't govern beyond a camera appearance!

But because you are a moron, you equate good press coverage with competence.   Yet, the thousands of unnecessary dead people and their families disagree with that version of reality.  And all because  you hate Trump.  That's sick.

BTW, that Fauci story isn't supporting your point in the way you think it did.  By holding off recommending mask use by the general public, he ensured that the virus spread much faster than it would have if he urged people to start using masks in February.  How many lives would have been saved then? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

And who admitted to cutting our pandemic infrastructure?

Video emerges showing Trump talking about cutting pandemic team in 2018, despite saying last week 'I didn't know about it'

“I’m a business person, I don’t like having thousands of people around when you don’t need them,” he added. 

The US president has come under fire in recent days for his decision to disband the National Security Council directorate at the White House responsible for planning the US’s preparedness for future pandemics.

The unit had been established by the previous White House administration in 2014 after the outbreak of Ebola.

Such foresight our president has...

It's hilarious - given how many times Trump has publicly contradicted himself - that you Trumpholes still line right up to drink the Kool-Aid.

made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• Haha (+1) 1