The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

He doesn't count because he's a data scientist and not a health expert :)

He's my patron saint of this pandemic, and I'd like to rekindle the debate that @TPS and I started way back in March on who would ultimately be proven right - Leavitt/Ginn or Pueyo?

Meanwhile....if we're adding 22k new cases a day and it's a 2-3 week disease, doesn't that mean there should be around 400k or so active cases? 

Seems like we're missing close to a million people somewhere...

Confirmed
1.84M
+21,703

Recovered

Deaths

• Thank you (+1) 2

Well we apparently found the cure for Covid 19....rioting and looting! Yesterday, only one state reached the triple digit mark in Covid deaths: Massachusetts. 30 states reported less than 10 deaths, and of those, 10 states reported ZERO deaths. The nationwide death toll was under 1,000 (730) for the first time since I’ve been reporting the daily totals. This story is over!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well we apparently found the cure for Covid 19....rioting and looting! Yesterday, only one state reached the triple digit mark in Covid deaths: Massachusetts. 30 states reported less than 10 deaths, and of those, 10 states reported ZERO deaths. The nationwide death toll was under 1,000 (730) for the first time since I’ve been reporting the daily totals. This story is over!

The timing is just so perfect. Amazing!

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

The timing is just so perfect. Amazing!

It’s a huge strategic mistake by the Left. The virus was a story they had some chance of sticking to Trump. The rioting on the other hand will be forgotten in a week or two and is universally considered a local squabble with local police.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s a huge strategic mistake by the Left. The virus was a story they had some chance of sticking to Trump. The rioting on the other hand will be forgotten in a week or two and is universally considered a local squabble with local police.

If the lefties lose in November, they are done for years. They will escalate out of desperation for months to come. They have way to much money invested and too much criminal culpability to back off now. Imagine all of this under Hillary Clinton. 

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

If the lefties lose in November, they are done for years. They will escalate out of desperation for months to come. They have way to much money invested and too much criminal culpability to back off now. Imagine all of this under Hillary Clinton. 

I’ll go one more round with you, but I don’t want this to detract from the Covid thread...the American Left has dug their foxholes and loaded their armies on the two coasts. They are unopposed there with essentially one-party rule. Their next strategic move is to march towards the middle of the country and meet there to squeeze the life out of ‘fly over’ country. We’ll have to pray the line can be held! 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll go one more round with you, but I don’t want this to detract from the Covid thread...the American Left has dug their foxholes and loaded their armies on the two coasts. They are unopposed there with essentially one-party rule. Their next strategic move is to march towards the middle of the country and meet there to squeeze the life out of ‘fly over’ country. We’ll have to pray the line can be held! 

I am 100% confident that it will hold.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Really?

So it’s ok to get COVID if you are protesting for social justice?

Man, even the health experts are racist.    

Yes. You may ignore the orders to wear masks and social distance to fight racism!!  But to have a beer at your local pub?  Hell no!!!  

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Really?

So it’s ok to get COVID if you are protesting for social justice?

Man, even the health experts are racist.    

white supremacy contributes to COVID-19?  Wtf???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, shoshin said:

Leveling lately before many of the big cities reopen. 

The cities look open to me. All the stores are open too. Hell, some of them don't even have doors or windows anymore. Social distancing is over. It looks like people can even have camp fires in the middle of the street. It looks like a great big celebration that the pandemic is over.

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes. You may ignore the orders to wear masks and social distance to fight racism!!  But to have a beer at your local pub?  Hell no!!!  

It makes perfect sense. Wearing masks and social distancing supports racism. The whole quarantine was racist and based on white privilege. 

• Like (+1) 2