The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Your gibberish is incomprehensible.  

And Trump.  I'm still waiting for this to magically disappear. 

I'm still waiting for it to be "over" because we flattened the curve.  

What metric are we trying to meet this month?

Can't keep up with all the goal post moving.  

• Like (+1) 1

For a vaccine so super safe why they waiting so long to approve it for under 12 year olds?

Why wasn't it approved for 12 to 18 right away?  

Spare me "run on supply."  We have always had more then enough.  

Freaking sheep.  Gullible sheep.  

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Might want to check out the vaccination rates of the EU countries locking down before you pretend "we had the way to avoid this in our grasp"..... Once again, as it was before, we do have a way to avoid this..... Just.  Avoid.  This.  Stop simping the government and letting them dominate your life with fear. 

I am against any shutdowns. That doesn't mean that this current run we're going to have with the Delta variant needs to be as bad as it will be. 

Get vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

For a vaccine so super safe why they waiting so long to approve it for under 12 year olds?

Why wasn't it approved for 12 to 18 right away?  

Spare me "run on supply."  We have always had more then enough.  

Freaking sheep.  Gullible sheep.  

Do you understand that children are much different than adults? Getting dosages right for kids is not as simple as halving the amount if they weigh half as much. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Do you understand that children are much different than adults? Getting dosages right for kids is not as simple as halving the amount if they weigh half as much. 

Ignore the moron - he has zero clue how clinical research and trials are conducted. Just the other day he was livid Moderna wanted to study women (and their eventual newborn) who found out they were pregnant after receiving their 2nd vaccine dose. 

India’s excess deaths during COVID could be over 4 million: Study

Excess deaths during pandemic may be a staggering 10 times the official COVID-19 toll, says the most comprehensive research yet conducted.

Most experts believe India’s official toll of more than 414,000 dead is a vast undercount but the government has dismissed those concerns as exaggerated and misleading.

The report released on Tuesday estimated excess deaths – the gap between those recorded and those that would have been expected – to be between 3 to 4.7 million between January 2020 and June 2021.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/20/india-covid-deaths-10-times-official-toll-research

The Delta variant

19 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I am against any shutdowns. That doesn't mean that this current run we're going to have with the Delta variant needs to be as bad as it will be. 

Get vaccinated. 

Not my point.  

We're being told to take a new vaccine.   

So we know how it impacts adults, right? 

We've been studying the technology for years, right?  That's why we know it's safe.  

Why do kids need more study?  If we know how effective they are what are we still studying?  

We're already bypassing FDA approval.  

That alone might just be why you know millions of people (all Trump voters obviously) will not take it.  

And that will be the same with kids..

Especially since parents are going to and are seeing they will still be in masks.  They'll pull them out of their deep blue ***t hole state school before subjecting them to more distancing and masks.   

Edited by Big Blitz

13 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Get vaccinated.

The usual suspects across the country are starting to wind up the panic machine.  But as viruses mutate they generally become more infectious but less lethal.  So I would expect the hospitalization, ICU,  and death counts to be proportionally lower than the previous waves.  The vaccines are expected to provide at least some level of protection which could make any infections of vaccinated people even less severe.  

People at general risk are the same as before.  Elderly and people with health issues like overweight, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, respiratory diseases.  Personally, I'm against vaccinating children under 12 as they have close to zero risk of serious illness and even less risk of death.  Vaccinating them violates the concept of "medical necessity".   

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The usual suspects across the country are starting to wind up the panic machine.  But as viruses mutate they generally become more infectious but less lethal.  So I would expect the hospitalization, ICU,  and death counts to be proportionally lower than the previous waves. 

As a general rule, true. But it's definitely not a given. Ebola and the Spanish Flu were the opposite. And this Delta is much more highly contagious so that may mask any fatality dilution it has, if it indeed has that at all. 

The vaccines are expected to provide at least some level of protection which could make any infections of vaccinated people even less severe.  

This seems to be the case, which is good for the vaccinated. 

Edited by Sundancer

They have broken every bond of trust imaginable.  

Trump included.   

We've posted every single example ad nauseum for going on almost 2 years now. 

They don't deserve anyone's trust.  

Never, ever, ever are we getting 75% of this planet vaccinated in the next 5 to 10 years.  I got it in March.  Yes I'd like everyone to get it but I can't make them, won't guilt them to, and it's irrelevant because as I said it just won't happen anyway.   

And even if we did, it's going to be another variant that's "proving to be a problem for the vaccine."   

And it will never end.  Ever.  If you don't understand this by now you're a lost cause.

They will not relinquish the power you are giving them because you've shown them how scared you are and thus easy to control.  They can then do whatever they want. 

And then they'll blame Trump voters!  More pathetic designed division!  Woo hoo!

Buy less stuff!

Universal income!

Voting season!   

Mandatory this, Mandatory that.   

They now treat Silicon Valley like its another government agency.  

Climate change and guns = public health crisis.  

We told you this in April.....of 2020.  And it's all happened.

I guess you'll need tanks in your neighborhood like they do in China when Covid-24 breaks out to finally get the message.

We'd like you to figure that out sooner then later.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ALF said:

Why did Wall street blame the 700 pt down day on worries of Delta ?  

Covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths are increasing, and the vast majority were not vaccinated

The surge in Covid-19 cases fueled by the Delta variant and vaccine hesitancy has now led to increasing rates of hospitalizations and deaths.
Data from Johns Hopkins University shows: 

The average number of new Covid-19 cases each day the past week was 32,278. That's a 66% jump from the average daily rate the previous week, and 145% higher than the rate from two weeks ago.

-- An average of 258 Americans died from Covid-19 each day this past week -- up 13% from the rate of daily deaths the previous week. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

So we're taking our cues from the daily skittish Wall Street's investors and algorithms?  

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not my point.  

We're being told to take a new vaccine.   

So we know how it impacts adults, right? 

Not long term no, but we know the risk profile of Covid more than the vaccine and there's no comparison. 

We've been studying the technology for years, right?  That's why we know it's safe.  

Yes. 

Why do kids need more study?  If we know how effective they are what are we still studying?  

Again, children are not adults. Drugs react differently because kids don't have the same hormonal balance AND they vary greatly in size. You can't be this dense can you? 

We're already bypassing FDA approval.  

That alone might just be why you know millions of people (all Trump voters obviously) will not take it.  

We are not bypassing FDA approval. We have its emergency approval because you know, emergency. 

When they get full approval in another month or so, are you saying that the millions will line up to take it? Is all that's needed is that last step?

I am feeding the troll, I know, but maybe others will benefit. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Your gibberish is incomprehensible.  

Asking you to clarify your position as to why the GA Bill is Jim Crow on steroids is incomprehensible gibberish?   :lol:

Real men admit when they are wrong.  

Later Troll........

• Agree 1

I’m not sure why this is so complicated to so many people. Until such time as vaccines are mandatory (which is highly unlikely and unenforceable in a free society) you’re going to have a segment of the adult population that will CHOOSE to not get vaccinated. That’s just normal! A certain percentage got vaccinated in trials, then more when the trials appeared to be OK, and then more still when the rewards appeared to outweigh the experimentation and risk. The next wave of vaccinations will coincide with the next wave of cases and fatalities. Once again….this is all normal! No amount of coaxing or give aways and certainly NOT name calling, is going to change that. Relax!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Seems as though are "who is paying for our Texas Democrats thread is gone.

I will throw this here then

SIXTH TEXAS DEMOCRAT TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID AFTER FLEEING STATE TO BLOCK GOP VOTING BILL.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/20/sixth-texas-dem-tests-positive-for-covid-after-fleeing-state-to-block-gop-voting-bill/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

ALSO:

I guess several people are "paying"

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So we're taking our cues from the daily skittish Wall Street's investors and algorithms?  

Jim, you know what they say.  To be a successful investor, by all means react emotionally to every dip, spike, drop and the prognostications of talking heads pro/anti/neutral investing.  

Hang on every word, that’s the path to enlightenment and happiness. 

CRAHP—just saw a elk know ln blue chipper I’m in just dipped .15 c per share.  It’s a long term holding, bought it 4 mos ago.  I gotta dump that pig now!  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 1