The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Some sick people on this forum that want the virus to kill many more people just to save face on their own political party. 

Disgusting the posts you read how some people are doing this...

Edited by TBBills
  • Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deranged Rhino

• shoshin

• Buffalo_Gal

• B-Man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone, and I had the opportunity to visit Cassandra at Buffalo Children's today. As mentioned she is off the Ecmo machine and doing most of the work. It will take some time for her to heal. S

I have stayed away from this forum for a long time, and most know my politics...tonight was important for our country. Trump was up to it so far. Fantastic job.     

Posted Images

A Republican proposed a policy, I agree with. Props to Rep. Steve Stivers (R., Ohio).

He wants to change the proposed $1,400 stimulus. Instead of having it go to people based on income, it would go to anyone who gets the vaccine.

I can get behind that. It’ll motivate  people to get it and hopefully make the anti-vaxers get it as well.

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

A Republican proposed a policy, I agree with. Props to Rep. Steve Stivers (R., Ohio).

He wants to change the proposed $1,400 stimulus. Instead of having it go to people based on income, it would go to anyone who gets the vaccine.

I can get behind that. It’ll motivate  people to get it and hopefully make the anti-vaxers get it as well.

Good idea.

• Like (+1) 1
2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Some sick people on this forum that want the virus to kill many more people just to save face on their own political party. 

Disgusting the posts you read how some people are doing this...

Another 4,000 deaths up on the tote board for Uncle Joe. 

And what was Joe doing yesterday? Opening our borders to illegal aliens and laying off American workers. Nice!

5 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

In many states they are circling the drain waiting for "front line" workers to sign up, while those that are willing do not qualify for the distribution.

Don't see a motivational problem, just a supply and rollout problem.

Honestly, if that other guy does not want it, get out of my way so I can.

• Like (+1) 1
4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And what was Joe doing yesterday? Opening our borders to illegal aliens and laying off American workers. Nice!

calm down cletus.

log off and go read Qanon and be happy again.

• Like (+1) 1

Folks need to also get used to the new normal.

We live in a world of global commerce from the things you buy online or at a store, to foods we eat.

Those odd viruses that make the jump to people in some remote village in Africa, Asia, or South America now more than ever before can quickly spread around the globe.

As a country, we need to be much better prepared and remember how much it sucks for everyone when we don't have a concerted effort to limit or stop the spread.

It is the sober reality.

• Like (+1) 1
5 minutes ago, Plano said:

calm down cletus.

log off and go read Qanon and be happy again.

Truth.

Seriously a ridiculously ignorant take to think that the mess Trump left us with a year of maskless super-spreader events and reckless lack of responsible leadership.

Unlike Trump, Biden would never repeatedly lie to US citizens that Covid will magically go away.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/10/politics/covid-disappearing-trump-comment-tracker/

I mean the adults just wrestled the man-baby out from behind the steering wheel so they could stand on the brakes and try to steer this country away from the abyss.

• Like (+1) 1
4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So Trump is responsible for another 4k? I bet he doesn't even care. 

Than you go and lie in your next paragraph.

Edited by TBBills
1 minute ago, TBBills said:

So Trump is responsible for another 4k? I bet he doesn't even care. 

Than you go and lie in your next paragraph.

You edit a two sentences post and still have a misspelling? 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

When the republicans are desperate to anger the opposition they try to find anything to grasp onto... Failure has become the only thing that sticks to them.

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

That's your argument.

Then being typed "than"...maybe on a mobile device?

Sorry, but that is pretty weak.

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

That's your argument.

Then being typed "than"...maybe on a mobile device?

Sorry, but that is pretty weak.

I just wish our government would put as much energy into education as they do machines of war and propaganda 

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

When the republicans are desperate to anger the opposition they try to find anything to grasp onto... Failure has become the only thing that sticks to them.

Did you type that one all on your own? Carefully paying attention to every keystroke?

If so THAN my work is done here 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

I just wish our government would put as much energy into education as they do machines of war and propaganda 

On this we can agree.

• Thank you (+1) 1
6 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I mean I get the idea but I'm not sure how well the first people in line to get the vaccine lines up with the people in need of the financial assistance.

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or was doing this.

51 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Did you type that one all on your own? Carefully paying attention to every keystroke?

If so THAN my work is done here 

You're trying to be smart but that is impossible for republicans.

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

I'm not a republican 

No one wants to admit that! But the thing is, Republicans are so dishonest, why should anyone believe you? 

• Like (+1) 1
13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No one wants to admit that! But the thing is, Republicans are so dishonest, why should anyone believe you? 

What motivation could I possibly have to lie? I'm kinda doing my own party thing these days.

I've always wanted to be commander in chief of my one man army

• Dislike 1

Here we go!!!!

Fast-spreading COVID variant can elude immune responses

Evidence is growing that some coronavirus variants could evade immune responses triggered by vaccines and previous infections. Researchers are trying to make sense of a tsunami of lab studies released this week that raise concerns about some emerging variants and mutations.

“Some of the data I’ve seen in the last 48 hours have really scared me,” says Daniel Altmann, an immunologist at Imperial College London, who worries that some of results could portend a reduction in the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.

These experiments showed that 501Y.V2 contains mutations that blunt the effects of neutralizing antibodies that recognize two key regions of spike: its receptor-binding and N-terminal domains. Pseudoviruses with the full package of 501Y.V2 mutations were fully resistant to convalescent serum from 21 out of 44 participants, and were partly resistant to the vast majority of people’s sera, Moore’s team found.

There is now proof of several reinfections with 501Y.V2 in South Africa, says de Oliveira. It seems increasingly likely that the variant’s ability to spread in places hit hard by earlier waves of COVID-19 is being driven, in part, by its capacity to evade immune responses that developed in response to earlier versions of the virus.

“It becomes virtually inescapable that that’s what’s happening,” says Bieniasz, noting that variants identified in Brazil and the United Kingdom carry some of the same spike mutations...

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00121-z

Lockdown forever.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1