The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm familiar with SV40 promoters, but I have no real hands on experience.  So Wacka would be an expert in this particular field whereas another molecular biologist like myself is not. I'm conversant at best. At least this is the way it used to be prior to March 2020....

This is now 2023, everyone's an expert on anything they want to be just by saying so. Just like you can switch your sex by wishing it. Its all in your mind man!

So when charlatans like @ChiGoose bloviate all day about the law and how nobody understands it like him, I say ***** you dude!  Your rules, everyone's an expert in everything now....

Still waking up thinking about me? 🥰🥰🥰🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

the rest of the world get it, they are building nukes. Us and the EU keep using tech that fails with weather.

Here are where the nuke plants are being built for the next decade, while we invest in failed tech.

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/plans-for-new-reactors-worldwide.aspx

countries developing nuke

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/others/emerging-nuclear-energy-countries.aspx

Nuclear and Hydrogen power make more sense  and upgrade the power grid . In the meantime leave natural gas alone.

• Like (+1) 1

this may well be the next pandemic.  Bugs with AMR that can't be effectively treated:

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/4052215-antimicrobial-resistance-will-be-worse-than-covid-we-have-to-act-now/

I sat on the "Evidence based Medicine" committee for the system I last worked in.  We talked a bit (not enough) about this.  Our system data showed midlevels (NP's, PA's) as the worst offenders for overprescribing antibiotics.  No one wanted to address it but me.  They are cheap to employ and make too much money for the systems to be reigned in.  Prescribing antibiotics for minor viral illnesses is a good marketing strategy🤐.  Patients want to leave an appointment with a script.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Too bad Jay wasn't the advisor instead of Teflon Tony.  And yet some morons still blame Trump for all the missteps of the "experts."

I don't blame him for that.  I blame him for distracting us with such things as Lysol-to-organ advocacy, and for not supporting the use of masks to help keep our economy functional.  I also blame others for following his "advice" with respect to the efficacy of things like HCQ as COVID treatments. 

On 6/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, B-Man said:

Hoax. 

"The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don't blame him for that.  I blame him for distracting us with such things as Lysol-to-organ advocacy, and for not supporting the use of masks to help keep our economy functional.  I also blame others for following his "advice" with respect to the efficacy of things like HCQ as COVID treatments.

Hoax.  No one was "distracted" by Lysol or HCQ.  There was no treatment for Wuhan virus at the time so there was nothing to distract from.  That's just dumb.

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hoax.  No one was "distracted" by Lysol or HCQ.  There was no treatment for Wuhan virus at the time so there was nothing to distract from.  That's just dumb.

Distraction incoming. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12289007/Scientist-denounced-Covid-lab-leak-theory-said-privately-highly-likely.html

Many people were distracted by the common sense analysis of the proximity of a lab specializing in infectious disease, the outbreak of a virus in a country known for secrecy and human rights violations, concerns over US involvement in said lab, the introduction of 'wet markets' into everyday lexicon of American life (the 2020 version of slippage) ...and the knowledge that some science guys straddled the line between politics, knowledge and medicine.

It's tough to trust people when they prove themselves untrustworthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Distraction incoming. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12289007/Scientist-denounced-Covid-lab-leak-theory-said-privately-highly-likely.html

Many people were distracted by the common sense analysis of the proximity of a lab specializing in infectious disease, the outbreak of a virus in a country known for secrecy and human rights violations, concerns over US involvement in said lab, the introduction of 'wet markets' into everyday lexicon of American life (the 2020 version of slippage) ...and the knowledge that some science guys straddled the line between politics, knowledge and medicine.

Wow.  Is that Hans Christian Anderson?  He wrote fairy tales, too.  Know nothing about the guy other than what you posted.  Has he recanted?  Has he apologized?  If this is true, he should.

edit:  Looks like he made his opinions known to a house committee a couple days ago

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Testimony-of-Dr.-Kristian-Andersen.pdf

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Distraction incoming. 

Well to be fair, the origins of Wuhan virus wouldn't have changed how people dealt with it either.  That was more for assigning blame.

Edited by Doc

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well to be fair, the origins of Wuhan virus wouldn't have changed how people dealt with it either.  That was more for assigning blame.

You guys remind me of some of the newly minted docs I worked with:  making a diagnosis with out ever pulling back the sheet and the hospital gown.  Hans Christian Anderson is a prime example.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You guys remind me of some of the newly minted docs I worked with:  making a diagnosis with out ever pulling back the sheet and the hospital gown.  Hans Christian Anderson is a prime example.

I just got over a case of gout. The doctor didn’t even think to  pull back the sheet or hospital gown. 😉 (maybe I should ask for refund)