The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.  Please tell me it is.

I don't necessarily think it's about mail in ballots, or hydroxichloroquine specifically, but I 100% believe that most of the fear mongering and hype is political. I don't think there's a plausible argument to the contrary.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't necessarily think it's about mail in ballots, or hydroxichloroquine specifically, but I 100% believe that most of the fear mongering and hype is political. I don't think there's a plausible argument to the contrary.

Ok because I've enjoyed your takes on other topics and was surprised you just posted some nonsense Alex Jones type meme.  There's a lot of validity in the media making it more scary than it needs to be and the news networks work hand in hand with politicians so it's obviously political.

I don't think we overreacted at first given how little we knew about this thing, our knowledge of the devastating pandemics throughout history, seeing hospitals in Italy overwhelmed, etc..  I think the most logical reaction was to shut thing downs temporarily (that being the key term given the economic damage that we knew would ensue) to not overwhelm hospitals and learn more about the disease including possible treatments.  

As we learned more the political division increased and the left leaning media became more focused on using this crises to bash Trump and Republicans as much as possible.  It was pretty obvious when they had no problem with thousands marching in protest but condemned Trump for holding a rally with people also in close proximity to one another.  It's also an election year so that just exasperates the problem we have about fighting amongst ourselves on the best way to move forward.  It's going to get ugly. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

NEARLY HALF THE CORONAVIRUS DEATHS IN AMERICA HAPPENED IN NURSING HOMES, WHICH DEMOCRATIC GOVERNORS LIKE WHITMER, CUOMO, AND WOLF DELIBERATELY SEEDED WITH INFECTED PATIENTS:

Whitmer vetoes bill that would have prevented COVID-19 patients housed in nursing homes.

See more fake News being posted by people who get fooled b.c they are not informed.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ok because I've enjoyed your takes on other topics and was surprised you just posted some nonsense Alex Jones type meme.  There's a lot of validity in the media making it more scary than it needs to be and the news networks work hand in hand with politicians so it's obviously political.

I don't think we overreacted at first given how little we knew about this thing, our knowledge of the devastating pandemics throughout history, seeing hospitals in Italy overwhelmed, etc..  I think the most logical reaction was to shut thing downs temporarily (that being the key term given the economic damage that we knew would ensue) to not overwhelm hospitals and learn more about the disease including possible treatments.  

As we learned more the political division increased and the left leaning media became more focused on using this crises to bash Trump and Republicans as much as possible.  It was pretty obvious when they had no problem with thousands marching in protest but condemned Trump for holding a rally with people also in close proximity to one another.  It's also an election year so that just exasperates the problem we have about fighting amongst ourselves on the best way to move forward.  It's going to get ugly. 

i could copy and paste this everywhere as my thoughts on this thing. 

Edited by plenzmd1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Very good points all. 

I think the unfortunate truth is that at this point it’s being used as a weapon to try and impact the election. My hope is the general populace won’t fall for it and will vote for the candidate they believe in, not the one most adept at using a crisis/being helped by media and others to use a crisis.

History says I’m likely to be disappointed. 

5 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Mouth breather response to that Kenya data - "They are a 3rd world country, you can't trust their data.  They obviously have testing shortage problems.  Lot of people are dying in their mud huts and are underreporting."  Did I miss anything?

Achhhtsssshhhuallly, the real reason is because white people kill so many black people just by being white that there’s nobody left in Kenya to die of the virus. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Very good points all. 

I think the unfortunate truth is that at this point it’s being used as a weapon to try and impact the election. My hope is the general populace won’t fall for it and will vote for the candidate they believe in, not the one most adept at using a crisis/being helped by media and others to use a crisis.

History says I’m likely to be disappointed. 

Achhhtsssshhhuallly, the real reason is because white people kill so many black people just by being white that there’s nobody left in Kenya to die of the virus. 

..THAT is the part that scares the hell out of me.....first there is the fickle segment of the electorate that doesn't get the MSM's tilt....secondly, there are dyed in the wool Dems who would NEVER vote for a Republican......that fits my relatives "to a T".......a split ticket to them is blasphemy and treasonous.....they clutter FB DAILY with their TDS diatribes.....offer these clowns a differing opinion and their first response is, "let ME explain this for YOU".....condescending, arrogant, intellectual superiority (they think so)....I've been "quarantined for 12 years" from them.......

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I tend to enjoy your takes too, and I agree with what you have to say here, although I would take it a bit further. 

I was okay with the initial shutdown, when WE didn't know (I'm not sure exactly what people in government knew) and it was supposed to be a temporary measure to "flatten the curve." At this point, however, it's just an opportunistic ploy. And when you look at the totality of circumstances no conventional explanation makes sense.

We all knew from the outset that no matter what President Trump did it would not only be the wrong thing, but the worst thing. It's ridiculous, but it's what we've come to expect.

What's really egregious is not the political exploitation of the narrative, but the extent to which they're willing to hurt people to further the farce. The economic destruction isn't just less toys for the well to do, it causes real suffering on a deep and wide scale. The increased debt will eventually become a problem. The effects of seclusion are not trivial either. Depression, suicide, domestic violence, and divorce are significantly exacerbated by this. Child development is being stunted as those at formative years are being isolated and thus unable to develop important social skills - you don't get that opportunity back. But they don't care. Why?

Their behavior on the pharmaceutical front has been just as bizarre. Chloroquine may not be the miracle drug, but it appears it can help. Yet it was instantly dismissed and condemned for no apparent reason. They went out of their way to prevent its use. A drug that has been regularly prescribed for decades with little to no concern suddenly became so dangerous governors were banning it in their states. Why?

The fact that De Blasio and Cuomo forced nursing homes to accept COVID patients causing mass deaths (to spike the numbers?) goes virtually unnoticed.

The fact that they went from 100 to zero on a dime when the opportunity for social unrest presented itself dispelled any delusions that the purported concerns were legitimate, yet they tried to take another bite of the apple as soon as the insanity died down. The concerted effort to create as much internal dissention as possible is a separate issue, but ties into the maximum destruction theme.

Also, if this were legit we wouldn't be ignoring Sweden.

So given the fact that no conventional theory plausibly explains this, I do think considering "conspiracy theories" is far more reasonable than taking things at face value. I don't know all the specific motivations, but I do know they're nefarious.

I'm not even convinced it's to win the election. That's certainly my guess, but I haven't ruled out the possibility that they determined this election is a lost cause and want to create as much destruction as possible over the next four years, when the real economic consequences of the shutdown/debt will be felt and the inner cities will be ravaged by crime as a result of reducing law enforcement where it's needed most, setting the stage for them to ride in to save the day in 2024.

In the unlikely event that Biden were to win,

the COVID threat would miraculously abate, they won't get around to defunding the police, and any negative consequences of the 2020 insurrection will be attributed to President Trump. 

Even the silly theories that the real motivation is to profit from vaccines are no more absurd than the conventional Democrat/media narrative.

• Like (+1) 3