The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

17 minutes ago, shoshin said:

So are we delaying the election for Covid as the president suggests? 

Could be an interesting gambit.  Threaten to delay the election and that may force more states open up sooner.

18 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’m wondering the same thing...

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

It's all over Reddit. I'll paraphrase...

The dude in the car went into Paula's, ordered some donuts, then got questioned by the cashier why his mask did not say "all lives matter." The dude in the car then left without his food (He claims the cashier kept asking him over and over and he got tired of the conversation) and while he was leaving he told the Guy Fieri looking dude to put a mask on. Guy Fieri dude goes back to his car to get his mask and that's when the video starts.

100% this drug cocktail works if given early on.  

If they give it to you, you have no chance of taking Redemsivar.  Which is $1000 drug.  It's the most widely used treatment right now, given to patients once the pneumonia develops. 

It is indeed criminal what's happening.  Follow the money and all roads are leading to vaccines which means more $.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

@IDBillzFan, your boy here is really losing it. Or maybe it's me who is losing it. In the article, which is heart wrenching...

It's been clear to me for years that he has the political acuity of a Kemp, Tibs, Billstime, TH3, Warren Zevon, etc.

He's the college friend in your Facebook feed who keeps insisting Trump called the virus a hoax. He's the person who still believes Trump colluded with Russia. He's the guy at work who assures you that Trump called all immigrants monsters, and that unidentified federal storm troopers are secretly whisking people into vans and creating the reason there is violence in Portland and Seattle. He thinks AOC is smart and Nadler is right about the "myth" in Portland.

He's a non-thinker. An NPC who was never good at sports, proudly wearing his Che t-shirt and insisting people like yourself, who clearly lean left politically but can be critical of the left at the same time, are just another Trumpbot golden boy whose voice should be muffled because you disagree with him on something.

He is the epitome of Proverbs 18:2.

/rant :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Unforgiven said:

Now black conservatives lives matter?...looking forward to the lefty propaganda

that this is further proof Trump is a racist and a murderer.

You idiots should get a day or two out of it.

Maybe just an RIP would be appropriate next time.  I understand why your panties might be in a bunch, but a man died here.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The country will open tout de suite if Trump suggests an election delay, suggests we keep things closed, etc., etc. ?

The President of the United States should not be playing with the idea of delaying elections.  

Covid or not. 

The drug companies are in the article stating this would be difficult to do cost-wise.

It has been interesting to see how so many companies have gone all in on the COVID-19 testing, vaccines, etc. We will know later if it was a mistake if the virus burns itself out quickly, and if it was to the detriment of other disease research (this last is almost a certainty).

FDA opens door to rapid, at-home testing for COVID-19

</snip>

Screening at home, maybe once or twice a week, would allow people to test themselves before going to work or school, getting on an airplane, attending an event, or visiting an elderly relative. Letting people know they are infectious in real-time would enable them to self-quarantine, and it would allow others to go about day-to-day life without risk of infecting others.

</snip>

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's been clear to me for years that he has the political acuity of a Kemp, Tibs, Billstime, TH3, Warren Zevon, etc.

He's the college friend in your Facebook feed who keeps insisting Trump called the virus a hoax. He's the person who still believes Trump colluded with Russia. He's the guy at work who assures you that Trump called all immigrants monsters, and that unidentified federal storm troopers are secretly whisking people into vans and creating the reason there is violence in Portland and Seattle. He thinks AOC is smart and Nadler is right about the "myth" in Portland.

He's a non-thinker. An NPC who was never good at sports, proudly wearing his Che t-shirt and insisting people like yourself, who clearly lean left politically but can be critical of the left at the same time, are just another Trumpbot golden boy whose voice should be muffled because you disagree with him on something.

He is the epitome of Proverbs 18:2.

/rant :lol:

I know that guy!

:lol:

Bravo!  Sometimes you come up with these epic quality posts.   That was fantastic

• Thank you (+1) 1

Considering that you can catch COVID-19 with respiratory droplets through your eyes, Masks offer very limited protection.  

Fauci was never a real believer in them to begin with and yesterday’s comments just add more to his muddled messaging.

None of the Scandinavian nations believe they are that effective.  The Dutch don’t either.   

The data in regards to  mask compliance regions in the Western world and infection rates don’t support it.

Again, I believe that they help on the margins and I wear them out of respect to my community.   But this is just another case where the media and their faithful viewers once again either overstate things or just get it flat out wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 2