The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Is there anyone left you haven't accused of being a racist? Don't you think it's time for a new schtick? 

So passé .....

Damn I was last! I have to step up my game.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

no time for calling out the pedos of the world or their enablers when the information is shared.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, Deranged Rhino said:
*Warning -- the images are of children. :sick: 

It's a way of pedos to share content on Google/YouTube.

Creep - stop stalking me and projecting your sick attractions

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Creep - stop stalking me and projecting your sick attractions

☝️

Still running from who he is and who he actually cares about defending. It's not patriots. It's not the country. It's the Epsteins of the world who prey on children. 

Because Gary is a bad person. Not a bad poster, a bad person who has stood up to be counted among the worst monsters in history because he finds that easier than having to readjust his own thinking. 

He's spent YEARS down here running interference for abusers, mocking those who dare bring the subject up in the hopes it stays locked away in the shadows. Because, again, Gary is a bad person. He offers the board nothing. He offers this world nothing.

He's a waste of carbon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Note: He has no problem accusing random internet people of racism -- but no time for calling out the pedos of the world or their enablers when the information is shared. Instead, he'd rather bury that information. 

Shows you everything you need to know about Gary. He's for stopping free speech but against stopping those who hurt kids. 

Because he's a bad person. Not a bad poster, a bad person. 

I believe his favorite Warren Zevon song is Excitable Boy...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gary M said:

No misleading is saying he flipped, ne never said Georgia should open he let the Governor make the decision.

and when asked he said he disagrees with it. NOT A FLIP.

Just like he disagrees with Coumo. People are really grasping at straws to find fault in him

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You make a fair point about Silver's miss not being excused by the fact that basically everyone else missed, too.  Completely agree.  I suspect that 2016 was a tough year for pollsters because there was a lot more ditching of landlines by then than there was in 2012 and it might have been tougher to accurately sample.  But you're completely right; just because everyone else made a mistake doesn't mean that Silver's mistake is excused. 

You could be right, but it's irrelevant to me one way or the other.  Perhaps there is no agenda whatsoever from the typical pollster.  Perhaps it's was an honest miss.  I try to consider the agenda of the person/people providing me the intel, see how it fits my views, and go from there.  At the end of the day...pollsters are in the sales business.  As a result, I'm skeptical.  Regardless, the simple fact is he was wrong, and wildly so.   If Transplant thinks I'm a (*^*&%^$^#for pointing that out, I'll find my way to make peace with it and move on.

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You could be right, but it's irrelevant to me one way or the other.  Perhaps there is no agenda whatsoever from the typical pollster.  Perhaps it's was an honest miss.  I try to consider the agenda of the person/people providing me the intel, see how it fits my views, and go from there.  At the end of the day...pollsters are in the sales business.  As a result, I'm skeptical.  Regardless, the simple fact is he was wrong, and wildly so.   If Transplant thinks I'm a (*^*&%^$^#for pointing that out, I'll find my way to make peace with it and move on.

Some have agendas; they run what's called push polls to try to push a voter to a given candidate based on the questions that are asked.  Frequently the underdog tries to run a push poll to drum up some good numbers.  

Silver (who is an analyst, not a pollster) isn't in that category.  His game is to be right.  That's where he makes his money.  I can't imagine he would have had an agenda in his work in 2016.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She's been horrible since the get-go, yet she is not even close to the worst one (Weijia Jiang from CBS for you boys that want to ogle her). Acosta is a clown show, but even he isn't the worst one. The worst one is Paula Reid from CBS (hmmm CBS again) whose husband has lots of ties to China. She is a disrespectful harpy, and as I have said before, they may not respect President Trump the person, but they need to show respect to the office he holds.

Damn it BG! 

I was not going to click on the Weijia Jiang link, but then you indicated she was ogle-worthy.  I decided to move on. Then I thought "Why would BG think men would want to ogle this lady? What's going on with that?'.  Still, I held out.  I'm focusing on my conference call.  Seconds turn into minutes.  Minutes turned into more minutes.  I was onto the next page, when another poster quoted you.  There it was..."ogle".  

I cracked. I clicked the link.  I feel dirty and ashamed. And intrigued.  Her twitter photo makes her look like she could be the evil genius behind a reprogramming camp outside Beijing.  She looks mean, yet, behind her eyes is a hint of ruthlessness. That has traditionally not been a deal-breaker for me.

I'm trying to be a better man, and you're not helping. 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Some have agendas; they run what's called push polls to try to push a voter to a given candidate based on the questions that are asked.  Frequently the underdog tries to run a push poll to drum up some good numbers.  

Silver (who is an analyst, not a pollster) isn't in that category.  His game is to be right.  That's where he makes his money.  I can't imagine he would have had an agenda in his work in 2016.

Thanks for clarifying his role.  Then he was even worse at his job than I initially thought.  He was Edsel-bad. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She's been horrible since the get-go, yet she is not even close to the worst one (Weijia Jiang from CBS for you boys that want to ogle her). Acosta is a clown show, but even he isn't the worst one. The worst one is Paula Reid from CBS (hmmm CBS again) whose husband has lots of ties to China. She is a disrespectful harpy, and as I have said before, they may not respect President Trump the person, but they need to show respect to the office he holds.

Expecting respect when you never show respect to anyone else is pretty funny.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thanks for clarifying his role.  Then he was even worse at his job than I initially thought.  He was Edsel-bad. 

Yeah, the way it works is that, at least in NYS, polls that are published have to be filed with the Board of Elections so that the questions underlying the poll become public knowledge.  The push poll asks a series of sort of leading, or push, questions, to drive the voter to a given candidate.  The candidate then publishes the poll, tries to get a nice headline, e.g., "Lynn Dixon within five points of Mark Poloncarz," and files the poll as late as allowed by law so that the headline comes before the analysis of the questions giving rise to the result. 

Silver looks at polling data and trends and tries to figure out where the electorate is.  He's more of a mathematician than anything.  And he's pretty good, although he missed on 2016 in a big, bad way. 

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Sorry, but calling out someone for their bull#### is not disrespectful.

Cutting away from the press conference when the POTUS plays your own words back to you is.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Expecting to be informed by going to the same sources who steered you wrong for the past four years is pretty funny too. 

But you're not a big thinker, Kemp. You're a brainless NPC whose mouth is still affixed to the disinformation spigot -- which is why you've been wrong on every major story for the past four years. Every. Single. One. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

.  And he's pretty good, although he missed on 2016 in a big, bad way. 

(Because he was paid to)

But details. :lol: 

Silver is a paid asset. Not an independent. He's a talentless clown. Which makes total sense why you'd fawn over him.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The office of the president represents all American people. When the press are disrespectful to the office, they are disrespecting all Americans.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

You just nailed it.  I struggle to figure out what he's accomplished.  Judges, I guess, and dividing the country, for sure.  Renegotiating NAFTA, I suppose.  And I guess that he had a first phase trade deal with China.  But on balance, a whole lot of broken promises and nasty rhetoric.  That's the sum of the Trump presidency. 

Re: the bolded.  Thank you.  I'm glad somebody else realizes it.  All we have on the economic side of things is 3.5 years of dead money in an S&P index and a boatload of new debt in exchange for our trouble.  The whole thing is a house of cards, which really shouldn't have surprised anyone given this guy's business record.  

:lol:

That second paragraph HAS to be a joke.

Which president hasn't expanded the debt?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The office of the president represents all American people. When the press are disrespectful to the office, they are disrespecting all Americans.

What about when they are disrespectful to the couch in the corner of the office?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And when the president himself disrespects the office . . . ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

That second paragraph HAS to be a joke.

Which president hasn't expanded the debt?

Fake news.  Nobody has said that the national debt hasn't grown under other presidents.  In point of fact there is a big difference between adding a nominal sum to the national debt and adding between $3T and $8T to that debt. Particularly, might I add, when one of the campaign promises was to erase the national debt in its entirety:

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-to-reduce-national-debt-4114401 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

"likely immune" and then "can."  Nice logical leap there.  Better put would be "possibly immune" and "possibly can."

8 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

What about when they are disrespectful to the couch in the corner of the office?

That was a deep fake picture.  Kellyanne was standing at attention. 

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Expecting to be informed by going to the same sources who steered you wrong for the past four years is pretty funny too. 

But you're not a big thinker, Kemp. You're a brainless NPC whose mouth is still affixed to the disinformation spigot -- which is why you've been wrong on every major story for the past four years. Every. Single. One. 

(Because he was paid to)

But details. :lol: 

Silver is a paid asset. Not an independent. He's a talentless clown. Which makes total sense why you'd fawn over him.

Hoax.  

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Shhhhh.... It's story time right now at preschool....

Are you hanging out in a preschool right now?  If so that's kind of weird.