The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Federalism is hard to understand, I know. 

Local>>>State>>>Federal -- that's the order of actual importance to people's day to day lives. Not the inverse.

I don't understand why Trump doesn't clean up the filth of the homeless problem in San Francisco and Los Angeles. On top of that he hasn't done one thing to settle the garbageman strike in Camden. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The UAE is doing well so far. Right now 0.06% of our population is infected compared to 0.006% of theirs They are also one of the world leaders in testing. The bad thing is that the spread in Europe has been slowing while ours has been increasing. We're about to fall way behind countries we have a slight edge on today.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

Infographic: Coronavirus: Upward Trajectory or Flattened Curve? | Statista

Posting a chart that shows total numbers for different countries, regardless of population size? Again, show me some data in regard to cases and deaths per capita.

And, seriously, comparing the United States, with a population of 333 million and over 200,000 cases, to the UAE with a population of 9 million and 814 total cases?

This is why you can't be taken seriously.

14 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

LMAO what a self sanctimonious bullcrap post this is. You and the rest of the "respected posters" would prefer an echo chamber of self serving Trump justifying drivel.  Normally that is the case (with a very few exceptions) in the PPP. For all you members of "respected posters squad"   LMAO It is so convenient now to deny yours and Don the Cons previous  "enlightened" views that have turned out to be WRONG.  What am I doing to help citizens? Staying home, working from home and reading the predominately Trump circle jerk that is the PPP when I need a good laugh.  The next time one of you trumpeteers admits he or you were wrong about ANYTHING would be an absolute first. 

I thought you ran away last week? :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The UAE is doing well so far. Right now 0.06% of our population is infected compared to 0.006% of theirs They are also one of the world leaders in testing. The bad thing is that the spread in Europe has been slowing while ours has been increasing. We're about to fall way behind countries we have a slight edge on today.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

Infographic: Coronavirus: Upward Trajectory or Flattened Curve? | Statista

How about using a logarithmic scale, which is the proper way to represent these numbers?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You may want to wonder what is going on behind the scenes if this squirrel was put out to make the lefties and "msm" run around screaming about these tweets. ?

We don't need squirrels, we need leadership that joins us together.

People can be awesome. Even in Cali. 

Just now, shoshin said:

We don't need squirrels, we need leadership that joins us together.

If you think Trump has been alone in dividing the country, then you haven't been paying close enough attention to what the establishment media and political powers that be have done in the past three years. 

Just saying... :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, GG said:

Have you seen the probability distribution of that 2-14 day symptomatic period?  If you have, you wouldn't be throwing out that figure to back whatever point you are making.  Hint, it's most certainly not a normal bell curve.  That's why for the vast, vast majority of cases, symptoms appear within 48-72 hours.   If people had known that and were told in early March to stay the ***** home if they were feeling even a hint of a sniffle, then US would be nowhere near the current situation.  Zero testing, 100% common sense advice.

Testing is a huge part of making sure we identify positive cases and not the flu or other problems. COVID-19 does not have a consistent symptom presentation so "just staying home" is not the full answer. It's the answer right now because we lack adequate testing. It is not the answer for getting America back to work.

And once we are testing, we must be tracking down chains of contacts. That is a critical piece of this.  

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If you think Trump has been alone in dividing the country, then you haven't been paying close enough attention to what the establishment media and political powers that be have done in the past three years. 

Just saying... :beer: 

I didn't say that. 

Trump is the president though. Bragging about TV ratings during a pandemic is awful, even for him. 

Imagine George Bush bragging about big TV ratings for his Oval Office speech on 9-11. I bet FDR was killing it in radio ratings on December 8 but I don't remember him bragging about it.

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Posting a chart that shows total numbers for different countries, regardless of population size? Again, show me some data in regard to cases and deaths per capita.

And, seriously, comparing the United States, with a population of 333 million and over 200,000 cases, to the UAE with a population of 9 million and 814 total cases?

This is why you can't be taken seriously.

Oh ok, so now the data doesn't work because percentages aren't apples to apple because our country is bigger.

I can't find the data charted per capita and I dont have time to make it myself. i did the math manually per capita for several of them.

You people constantly move the goal posts on every discussion. News Flash: there is no country just like ours. There are a lot of reasons for the UAE's numbers to be higher than ours including the fact that they are so small. We have a lot of advantages in this crisis and are falling or already behind countries without them. You're getting less fact-based and more defensive with each response.

The data is all there. I can supply it and explain it, but I can't understand it for you.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Just now, shoshin said:

I didn't say that. 

Trump is the president though. Bragging about TV ratings during a pandemic is awful. 

Imagine George Bush bragging about big TV ratings for his Oval Office speech on 9-11. I bet FDR was killing it in radio ratings on December 8 but I don't remember him bragging about it.

What you consider bragging, isn't bragging. It was pointing out why the move has been pushed to stop airing the press conferences. Those who still don't understand how Trump communicates after three years of being able to learn, have only themselves to blame. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Testing is a huge part of making sure we identify positive cases and not the flu or other problems. COVID-19 does not have a consistent symptom presentation so "just staying home" is not the full answer. It's the answer right now because we lack adequate testing. It is not the answer for getting America back to work.

And once we are testing, we must be tracking down chains of contacts. That is a critical piece of this.  

Testing is absolutely necessary for the healthcare industry to plan their response.  It's not as important to stem the spread.  That onus is on the individuals.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

Testing is absolutely necessary for the healthcare industry to plan their response.  It's not as important to stem the spread.  That onus is on the individuals.

You're wrong and you've been told why. 

Sick individuals should 100% stay home now that we are where we are in this timeline. The "test a lot" to stem the spread opportunity is long behind us here on April 1.

If we have a lot of tests available for anyone who wants them coming out of this in June, that is critical to prevent more outbreaks. 

Testing is important to stem the spread, and not one person on Pence's panel, including Pence himself, is saying otherwise. 

And tracing contacts for positive tests is even more important. 

52 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Look, I'm happy to go back to the beginning on this as long as you actually care about the answers.

The virus has an incubation period of 2-14 days before symptoms present. A new study from the Netherlands think that there may be 25% of people that remain completely asymptomatic. If you have an interaction with anyone, you could pass the virus without feeling sick. Say you're a grocery store employee who works curbside and selects people's groceries, bags them and places them into their cart - you could unknowingly pass the virus on the groceries. If you're given a test when you exhibit symptoms,( or best case even if you dont), then local health officials could alert the people you came into contact with that they could be affected. Here in Austin during the early days of this (a few weeks ago) Health officials did exactly this and notified the public where that person was on what days at what times.

It's at least part of the reason why we only have 200 cases as the 11th largest city in the country.

And you don't think there's a slightest bit of privacy concerns?  Who tracks you whereabouts?  How do they know who you were in contact with?  How do they contact all the people you've been in contact with?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

LMAO what a self sanctimonious bullcrap post this is. You and the rest of the "respected posters" would prefer an echo chamber of self serving Trump justifying drivel.  Normally that is the case (with a very few exceptions) in the PPP. For all you members of "respected posters squad"   LMAO It is so convenient now to deny yours and Don the Cons previous  "enlightened" views that have turned out to be WRONG.  What am I doing to help citizens? Staying home, working from home and reading the predominately Trump circle jerk that is the PPP when I need a good laugh.  The next time one of you trumpeteers admits he or you were wrong about ANYTHING would be an absolute first. 

LMAO

PPP

LMAO

WRONG

PPP

ANYTHING

Got it, thanks!

• Haha (+1) 2