The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

C'mon man, you can't let facts get in the way of a good #OrangeManBad smear!

Notice the prior post said most, but not all.  So it seems that poster has acknowledged that there were some instances in which the DPA could have been used more promptly. 

Bacon, however, is not an issue.  It’s cool when nurses wear trash bags as PPE.  But the idea of missing a breakfast sausage?  Completely unacceptable.  

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Notice the prior post said most, but not all.  So, by that poster’s admission, there were some instances in which the DPA could have been used more promptly. 

Bacon, however, is not an issue.  It’s cool when nurses wear trash bags as PPE.  But the idea of missing a breakfast sausage?  Completely unacceptable.  

Hoax. Bacon is always an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Bacon, not ventilators or PPE, gets prompt DPA treatment.  

Did you miss the part about Ford and GM and others building ventilators and other supplies ahead of and in response to DPA? 

https://www.just-auto.com/analysis/mapping-the-auto-manufacturers-building-ppe-and-medical-equipment-to-battle-covid-19_id194945.aspx

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Notice the prior post said most, but not all.  So, by that poster’s admission, there were some instances in which the DPA could have been used more promptly. 

The hell it isn't.  You'll get less selection and higher prices if the meat industry takes a hit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Notice the prior post said most, but not all.  So it seems that poster has acknowledged that there were some instances in which the DPA could have been used more promptly. 

Do you want PPE produced in meat packing plants?

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Did you miss the part about Ford and GM and others building ventilators and other supplies ahead of and in response to DPA? 

https://www.just-auto.com/analysis/mapping-the-auto-manufacturers-building-ppe-and-medical-equipment-to-battle-covid-19_id194945.aspx

Thanks for proving part of my point.  “Building ahead” = building before invocation of DPA.  We’re prompt on bacon.  We were slow on PPE, etc.  We should have been equally responsive on both fronts. 

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Bacon-scented face masks?

I’m a vegetarian but I could go for that.  I probably wouldn’t be a vegetarian long with those.  A pepperoni face mask?  I’d be back off the wagon (is it on the wagon or off the wagon?) in seconds.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Thanks for proving part of my point.  “Building ahead” = building before invocation of DPA.  We’re prompt on bacon.  We were slow on PPE.  We should have been equally responsive on both fronts. 

Do you ever run out of supply of stupid comments?   

Do you enjoy trolling in what's supposed to be a serious topic?  Do you care that the entire food supply chain could collapse if a handful of key meat packing plants at the food giants are shut down?   There are a hell of a lot more companies that can make ventilators than the choke points that can emerge in the food supply.   

Unless you're channeling your inner Bloomberg, but the consequences of restarting a farming cycle is a bit more critical than the automakers halting auto production for 8 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

SCENTED ?

C'mon Koko, go big or go home.

o29twls1bit41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I considered bacon facemasks, but then reasoned that they would not last long enough out of the package to be useful.

• Like (+1) 2

Hey remember the heat that Trump received for suggesting that he'll start looking at reopening the economy over Easter?

Guess on which weekend the peak hit in NYS?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Hey remember the heat that Trump received for suggesting that he'll start looking at reopening the economy over Easter?

Guess on which weekend the peak hit in NYS?

He didn't say he was going to be "looking at reopening over Easter."

He said the economy would be "opened up and just raring to go by Easter."

I don't really care that he was wrong but let's not spin this into him being right.