The Situation With Iran Goes Hot - Shots Fired

Hedge

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

And now? 

Glad he acted presidential and addressed the nation. Not sure what to think, though, about him going to NATO for help (doesn't he hate NATO?) and claiming he killed 100% of ISIS.

I think to act like this is over and either side won is stupid. Nobody wins or loses in wars except for those that die - sadly there is more bloodshed to come.

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

If true, this has taken on an entirely new life:

Who they are being arrested BY is the real question. Within the IRGC? Ordered by Khamenei?

I have to believe it was condoned by Khamenei.  And if so, why is it being done?

Maybe Soleimani was planning on seizing control in Iran?

37 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Glad he acted presidential and addressed the nation. Not sure what to think, though, about him going to NATO for help (doesn't he hate NATO?) and claiming he killed 100% of ISIS.

I think to act like this is over and either side won is stupid. Nobody wins or loses in wars except for those that die - sadly there is more bloodshed to come.

He hates NATO?   That's a new spin.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

You're right - I don't think he hates NATO, though he has disparaged the alliance many times. Odd for him to use it in his speech.

IMO

He's disparaged the contributions vs benefits of member nations, not the idea of NATO.   He's right on those accounts.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

You're right - I don't think he hates NATO, though he has disparaged the alliance many times. Odd for him to use it in his speech.

IMO

I don’t find it odd. Now that other countries are ponying up more of the operating costs, it’s time to make it work for us and get a return on our investment. Another genius stroke IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I saw a short video last night purportedly showing a missile being intercepted and blown up by our military. I could be wrong though and it was just something that happened on a Kentucky gun range.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

That's about the failure rate I would have expected - little better, actually.  Like I said last night, Iran has a significant aerospace capability, but little opportunity to test.  

And Western failure rates are better...but not by much.  10% or so. depending on the platform and weapon.  As I recall, the Minuteman III's reliability rate was only around 70%.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yesterday was a bad day for Iran.  Missed killing Americans and killed 180 or so others. 

+50ish more during the stampede.

And a conflicting opinion from the "Pentagon":

------------------------------------------------------------------------

But at least there is consensus on the Congressional briefing...

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yesterday was a bad day for Iran.  Missed killing Americans and killed 180 or so others. 

All part of the plan....experiences like yesterday and this week should have them begging for US delegation to fly over and start teaching them western democracy any minute now

19 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Those missiles are not that accurate.  Most have a CEP on the order of a thousand meters or so.  If they Iranians "chose" to aim at dirt, they would have missed and hit something of value.  

• Thank you (+1) 1