McDermott and Beane End of Season press conferences 1/7

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is right.  If you make enough plays the refs don't matter eventually.  But as is the case in playoff games where teams are evenly matched and a play or two here and there can swing the game, unfortunately the refs do matter a whole lot more than they should.  I don't see a way to get around it, that's just how it is and you have to hope you get the right calls at the right time and your opponent doesn't. Or at least the good and bad calls for each team balance themselves out.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I know some people don't like a lot of what Daboll does, but I think continuity at this point would be huge. Re-signing Quentin Spain and returning 5 starting offensive linemen would be amazing and unprecedented around these parts. I do hope there are no major changes this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 8

Not that I expected any off-the-wall answers, but everything he said is on point. 

Clearly, he's not happy with the officiating, but when you give up a 16 point lead in the second half, they aren't the main reason you lost.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I know some people don't like a lot of what Daboll does, but I think continuity at this point would be huge. Re-signing Quentin Spain and returning 5 starting offensive linemen would be amazing and unprecedented around these parts. I do hope there are no major changes this offseason. 

I wouldn’t mind re-signing Spain but what do you do with Ford at that point? He’s not good at RT and you can’t justify starting him over Spain or Feliciano. I’m sure he’d stay at RT but he’s likely to be a liability 

• Like (+1) 1