Levi Wallace - sprained ankle, day to day

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope our training staff can work miracles and that Wallace is willing to do whatever they recommend in and out of facility.  But I have to say for my kid's sprained ankle while she could play on it in a few days, she didn't have her full vertical leap nor her best cutting ability back for a couple weeks.

If she’s back to 100%, she just might be more of a force than McKenzie looked like. I realize that is probably frowned upon in many circles, but a couple game checks would go a long way towards college tuition! 

I’m hoping for a medical miracle. We need every good bounce we can get! 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

If she’s back to 100%, she just might be more of a force than McKenzie looked like. I realize that is probably frowned upon in many circles, but a couple game checks would go a long way towards college tuition! 

Ha!  Well, at the risk of giving a false impression of what she looks like, she's 5'8" and weighs about 170 lbs....McKensie is 5'8" and listed as 173.

Let's just say it looks a little different on her though. 

I have faith in our medical staff.   Unlike previous years.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ha!  Well, at the risk of giving a false impression of what she looks like, she's 5'8" and weighs about 170 lbs....McKensie is 5'8" and listed as 173.

Let's just say it looks a little different on her though. 

They always bump up the listed height/weight. I’d give her a shot! 

There was one play where McKenzie got locked up with what looked like a 7 foot tall TE, and it actually made me laugh. 

This reminds me of when Lesean sprained his ankle in week 17 going into the playoffs.  He was down and looked like he was out for a while.  He played in the playoff game but was not at full strength.  Wallace not at full strength is not something we want to see.  I hope Taron Johnson is full go, Kevin Johnson can fill in for Levi.

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I sprained my ankle pretty badly in the summer playing box lacrosse, it’s not a hard thing to play through. The swelling won’t go away as long as he continues to run but the pain subsides. A good tape job helps.  I sprained mine at the end of my first playoff game, played 5 more games in just over two weeks. I also played  in two tournaments shortly after the season.  I play on a concrete floor so I don’t know how the ankle will hold up on a field wearing cleats, that grab could cause problems.  

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

It's good news for sure. I am one who thinks K Johnson is as good as Wallace as the starter. But Wallace is not a guy who is able to play unless he is 100%. He's barely fast enough on two good ankles.

I feel like every time I see Wallace during a game, he's tackling someone who he didn't cover well.  Maybe it's just me, but I feel like he's something of a weak link on the D.

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I sprained my ankle pretty badly in the summer playing box lacrosse, it’s not a hard thing to play through. The swelling won’t go away as long as he continues to run but the pain subsides. A good tape job helps.  I sprained mine at the end of my first playoff game, played 5 more games in just over two weeks. I also played  in two tournaments shortly after the season.  I play on a concrete floor so I don’t know how the ankle will hold up on a field wearing cleats, that grab could cause problems.  

MANY different kids of ankle injuries. I’ve had times in college where I thought it was broken, but was better the next day. Other times seemed like a little tweak and a month later I still couldn’t get back on the rugby filed. Hopefully it’s Not the dreaded “high ankle sprain”, because that nasty stuff just won’t go away! 

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

I feel like every time I see Wallace during a game, he's tackling someone who he didn't cover well.  Maybe it's just me, but I feel like he's something of a weak link on the D.

Yep. That is how I see it. He can play in certain situations but he cannot cover man well. KJ is fine. We just can't afford another injury.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. That is how I see it. He can play in certain situations but he cannot cover man well. KJ is fine. We just can't afford another injury.

Don’t worry, we have McKenzie in our back pocket. 

LITERALLY, he fits in your back pocket! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That guy can be invisible at 5 different positions!

You know what they say, there’s no ability like flex.......wait.....that might be wrong. 

But he sure can do a lot of things not very well.......

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's good news for sure. I am one who thinks K Johnson is as good as Wallace as the starter. But Wallace is not a guy who is able to play unless he is 100%. He's barely fast enough on two good ankles.

I think Johnson is better IMO and plus he will be playing his former team which may give him a little extra fire on top of it.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope our training staff can work miracles and that Wallace is willing to do whatever they recommend in and out of facility.  But I have to say for my kid's sprained ankle while she could play on it in a few days, she didn't have her full vertical leap nor her best cutting ability back for a couple weeks.

I have a question. In the NFL these days do you know if it is common for an injury such as this For a medical staff to conceivably shoot his ankle up with painkillers , tape it and get him out there to play? It sounds bad and perhaps something that was done even in the past only rarely and for situations like the playoffs or super bowl. Thoughts? Thanks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I have a question. In the NFL these days do you know if it is common for an injury such as this For a medical staff to conceivably shoot his ankle up with painkillers , tape it and get him out there to play? It sounds bad and perhaps something that was done even in the past only rarely and for situations like the playoffs or super bowl. Thoughts? Thanks. 

I think they start doing that in high school, and then up the ante at every level after that. 

To be fair, it may look a little different “in game”, but whatever works is what they will try. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1