Active players for playoff game

Dkollidas

Is it still 46 active players per team for playoff games? Or are any other allowed to play?

if it were up to me I’d try to get Duke Williams, Tommy Sweeney , and possibly even TJ Yeldon in the game. 

This is a 46-man roster, I’d probably kick Foster to the bench honestly. Probably Yeldon as well. Gore’s style up the middle should be successful in a supplemental role against Houston. 
I do believe they place too much emphasis on special team players. It just doesn’t affect games as much as in the past with the new rules. A forward thinking organization (which I believe they’re becoming if not already) should be aware of that.

Players Inactive:

RB- Yeldon (I just don’t see them benching Perry because of his special teams abilities)

WR- Foster ( I think the time has come to give Duke a shot, he showed up. He had that one bad drop but other than that he showed tenacity after the 50/50’s and was a solid contributor)

TE- Smith- Useless with a capital ”U”

DT- Taylor- No need if the other 4 are healthy

S-  Johnson

S- Marlowe- Coleman should play over these two. If he needs to come in he’s got the experience not to be overwhelmed by the situation. 

QB(2)

Allen

Barkley

RB(3)

Singeltary

Gore

Perry

FB(1)

DiMarco

WR(5)

Brown

Beasley

McKenzie

Roberts

Williams

TE(3)

Knox

Kroft

Sweeney

LT(2)

Dawkins

Bates

LG(1)

Spain

C(2)

Morse

Long

RG(1)

Feliciano

RT(2)

Ford

Nsekhe

DE(4)

Hughes

Lawson

Murphy

Johnson

DT(4)

Oliver

Phillips

Liuget

Lotulelei

LB(5)

Edmunds

Milano

Alexander

Thompson

Stanford

CB(5)

White

Wallace

T. Johnson

K. Johnson

Neal 

S (3)

Hyde

Poyer

Coleman

K/P(2)

Hauschka

Bojorquez

ST(1)

Ferguson

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

clever Duke thread

Well no, my main question is whether they are still only allowed to dress 46 players. I just went ahead and did a 46 man roster bc it’s fun. 

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 1

Rewatch the game and look at Sweeney’s poor blocking and in some cases avoidance of blocking. There is a big reason he had been sitting. Now I dislike Lee Smith and know he won’t be on the team next year but unless we have a swing tackle on the team that can block and play TE also, Sweeney’s role is that of a blocking TE. He just isn’t ready for that yet. He won’t dress this postseason and shouldn’t. Wr already have 2 quick pass catching TEs and Sweeney is slow. 

Edited by Locomark

10 hours ago, peterpan said:

I don't see what Roberts offers as a kick returner, to justify him a spot.  McKenzie can take that role with no drop in production.  That frees one spot. 

McKenzie cannot hold on to the football. Also, Roberts has been getting those additional 10-20 yards in the KR game.  In a playoff game, it is all about protecting the football.  If Andre can go next Saturday, he will be the one returning kicks and punts for the Bills. 

If Andre cannot go, they will go with Duke Williams.

Thee only other ay Williams is active is to deactivate Kroft for thee game.  Again, I don't think McDermott will do that.

Foster and Perry are part of the Special Teams.

I really like the element Yeldon adds to the passing game.  Now, is that worth a core special teamer?  Probably, not.  I dont see anything changing in terms of inactives.  You dont change much about what got you to the playoffs.  Week 17 was preseason game number 5 with a 46 man roster vs 90.