wppete

Joe Burrow vs Oklahoma

Anyone else watching this game? WOW Joe Burrow is the real deal. I’m surprised and blown away. He has 4 TDs passing and it’s not even halftime yet. He is almost flawless. Cincinnati is going to get a great QB for their rebuild. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

crazy! 

His touch on the medium/long ball is lovely.

• Like (+1) 2

This sucks.  Was hoping Jefferson would slip to us.  4 TDs.....10 mins left in the 2nd qtr.  

• Like (+1) 1

Burrow looks great, but LSU has receivers running wide open every play. This game is a physical mismatch. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

His touch on the medium/long ball is lovely.

What are his comps? Who does he remind you of? A right handed Steve Young maybe? He is so accurate and especially on the run scrambling. 

Edited by wppete

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

What are his comps? Who does he remind you of? A right handed Steve Young maybe? He is so accurate and especially on the run scrambling. 

When they zoom in on him pre-snap, I’m reminded of Joe.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

I haven't seen enough of him. This is probably the second time i have watched him, but his finesse tonight is insane.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rico said:

When they zoom in on him pre-snap, I’m reminded of Joe.

It’s really a fair comparison imo.  Obv he’s not JM, but his ball placement and accuracy has been unreal this season.  LSU is the only team that I’ve been following closely this season because I’ve been betting them all year.  Burrow has yet to disappoint.  One of the best seasons ever.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, NewEra said:

It’s really a fair comparison imo.  Obv he’s not JM, but his ball placement and accuracy has been unreal this season.  LSU is the only team that I’ve been following closely this season because I’ve been betting them all year.  Burrow has yet to disappoint.  One of the best seasons ever.

It’s like when Josh Rosen was at UCLA and he would show flashes that maybe, just maybe he could be this good.

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Make that 6TD

Ridiculous

And 353 yards passing with 4:18 left in the half. 

Edited by wppete

I’m a fan but...

He’s has two throws this game that would be NFL pick 6. Waited too long to throw the ball on curls and the DBs broke on them.  

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

Any other time I’d be pulling for OSU tonight, but I really want to see Clemson take a savage beatdown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I don't follow college ball at all... but this is crazy.  They are on pace for 84 points in a playoff game.

Is Oklahoma this bad?  LSU this good?  Why is there such a disparity between #1 and #4?

LSU is by far the best team in the country.

I don't think Joe burrows is anywhere near a Andrew luck type of prospect

Before this season he wasn't even a first-round lock and guys who jump multiple rounds in one class are always a Gamble

Though he obviously has talent

This LSU offense is the greatest offense in the history of college football and it isn't really even that close.