Salary Cap Freeze effective 4Pm today

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

There are no football-related reasons.

If an owner didn't want to spend the money on players at all ... just wanted to put it as a profit to the team, he could just not roll over the money.

I believe it's been done but it's extremely infrequent. If you want to be as competitive as possible, you always roll it over. Fans get it and don't appreciate what it means.

No team has ever not rolled over their cap space.  One could chose not to do so (or make an unintentional mistake and not do so), but that would not impact the minimum they are required to spend.  The minimum spending limit is calculated as a percentage of the unadjusted league cap.  Rollover cap dollars from each team are added to the unadjusted cap amount for that year to get each team’s adjusted cap.

18 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Add to this that we have now  become a “cool” destination for free agents so we won’t drastically have to overpay for free agents like in the past and it should set ourselves up nicely for the draft 

The Bill's are thought of as a winning situation which will help lure free agents. I don't think many think of Buffalo as a prime time city. 75% of NFL free agency is about cash and most of the rest is about winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

The Bills made Morse the highest paid Center in football. But you think the reason he signed with the Bills was that he'd rather play with Josh Allen vs. Patrick Mahomes?

Alrighty then!

Yep he even said it interviews so do your homework good man cause he was getting similar money around the league namely Jacksonville and Tennessee 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

On 12/29/2019 at 1:42 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yep he even said it interviews so do your homework good man cause he was getting similar money around the league namely Jacksonville and Tennessee 

Players tend to say good things about new team owners, coaches, players and fans after signing large contracts to play there. 

Take what you will from such things. 

• Like (+1) 1

Need to be wise with the cap regardless of how much we have.

We have Tre White coming due next year for the 5th year option and then FA the next year.  Josh is coming due the year after.  Signing both could eat 40 to 50 million of cap space.  15 million for Tre and 30 million for Josh.

Edited by davefan66

On 12/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

yea it’d be real weird if he was like “josh Allen? He sucks but I got paaaaaid” 

that’s not to say he was lying but can only throw so much weight on it

On 12/28/2019 at 1:02 PM, Reed83HOF said:
Looks like $26.44 to rollover if we don't sign anyone today

And if they don't sign a big bodied, sure-handed, super fast, HOF WR today I am SO done with this team!  ?

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Need to be wise with the cap regardless of how much we have.

We have Tre White coming due next year for the 5th year option and then FA the next year.  Josh is coming due the year after.  Signing both could eat 40 to 50 million of cap space.  15 million for Tre and 30 million for Josh.

No need to worry. The team could spend $50M on those 2 players, sign all of their draft picks, and still be able to afford 2 premium (and I mean massive) UFA deals without breaking a sweat.

I like to think of it this way: the cap increases ~$10M each year, which equates to the cost to sign a team's draft class plus have room for in-season transactions.

• Like (+1) 2