McDermott vs. Gase

Big Turk

Just find it funny how young coaches can differ from each other. Gase comes off looking very bad and honestly like an entitled, crybaby who makes excuses for anything that goes wrong instead of taking responsibility for them as the "leader" of the team. I don't think anyone on that team views him as a leader.

Gase:

-Tells fans he is "rich as F**K!" in response to Twitter criticism. And tells people his "Give a sh** meter is on low" behind closed doors.

-Refuses to work on his shortcomings and has become more emboldened to ignore them since he has gotten a 2nd head coaching job right after being fired. Said he will win his way.

-Him or some family members are expected of having a burner Twitter account to defend him

-Had to be warned by higher up team officials that him acting like a child in response to media criticism reflected poorly on himself and the team. Gase has grudgingly changed how he acted but not his thought process.

-Could care less about the defense and has jogged off the practice field while the D is still practicing or stands on the sidelines with his back to them talking to reporters or other media members. The Jets D does not view him as their leader but Wiliams instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-jets-fans-20191224-aqdwksbo5nditexjl65gvdb6ye-story.html%3foutputType=amp

McDermott:

-Typically does not engage fans in that way or get into Twitter beefs. Instead he almost always opens his post game pressers by thanking the fans in some way.

-Is constantly preaching self improvement and learning and starts with himself by reading books on leadership, people skills etc and then putting into practice what he learns

-Preaches a family environment where players love and respect each other and the coaches and want to be here.

-Is highly respected not only by the team owners but by outsiders and most media members for the way he treats people in most cases(yeah I know about Fairburns story)

Is it any wonder why one coach has succeeded and the other mostly sucked? Why one has a plan with the GM for the and the other just seems to blow in whatever direction the wind blows trying to trade numerous players at the deadline?

All I know is the Jets will not be a major threat to us in the division with Gase there. I think the Dolphins will ultimately pass by the Jets also if Gase stays for 3 years...Flores is very well respected by pretty much everyone and especially his players.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Colin Cowherd praised the "scowling" coaches yesterday, and McDermott was in the group with the *hoodie, Kyle Shanahan, Harbaugh, et al. I think we are set up for a good run here provided the O gets a little frisky with Josh calling his own shots more often.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Just find it funny how young coaches can differ from each other. Gase comes off looking very bad and honestly like an entitled, crybaby who makes excuses for anything that goes wrong instead of taking responsibility for them as the "leader" of the team. I don't think anyone on that team views him as a leader.

Gase:

-Tells fans he is "rich as F**K!" in response to Twitter criticism. And tells people his "Give a sh** meter is on low" behind closed doors.

-Refuses to work on his shortcomings and has become more emboldened to ignore them since he has gotten a 2nd head coaching job right after being fired. Said he will win his way.

-Him or some family members are expected of having a burner Twitter account to defend him

-Had to be warned by higher up team officials that him acting like a child in response to media criticism reflected poorly on himself and the team. Gase has grudgingly changed how he acted but not his thought process.

-Could care less about the defense and has jogged off the practice field while the D is still practicing or stands on the sidelines with his back to them talking to reporters or other media members. The Jets D does not view him as their leader but Wiliams instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-jets-fans-20191224-aqdwksbo5nditexjl65gvdb6ye-story.html%3foutputType=amp

McDermott:

-Typically does not engage fans in that way or get into Twitter beefs. Instead he almost always opens his post game pressers by thanking the fans in some way.

-Is constantly preaching self improvement and learning and starts with himself by reading books on leadership, people skills etc and then putting into practice what he learns

-Preaches a family environment where players love and respect each other and the coaches and want to be here.

-Is highly respected not only by the team owners but by outsiders and most media members for the way he treats people in most cases(yeah I know about Fairburns story)

Is it any wonder why one coach has succeeded and the other mostly sucked? Why one has a plan with the GM for the and the other just seems to blow in whatever direction the wind blows trying to trade numerous players at the deadline?

All I know is the Jets will not be a major threat to us in the division with Gase there. I think the Dolphins will ultimately pass by the Jets also if Gase stays for 3 years...Flores is very well respected by pretty much everyone and especially his players.

What happened with Fairburn and McD?

7 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The Jets aren’t devoid of talent though.

I don’t like Gase but the team hasn’t appeared to give up on him so there’s that.  

Indeed. They said he's lost the locker room. One can only hope the Jets stick with the guy and they continue to botch Darnold's development. Also, with all of the bad press between trade talks and the handling of medical issues, I doubt any FA really wants to go there. They may quickly become the bottom dwellers of the AFC East. 

Edited by H2o

Just now, H2o said:

Indeed. They said he's lost the locker room. One can only hope the Jets stick with guy and they continue to botch Darnold's development. Also, with all of the bad press between trade talks and the handling of medical issues, I doubt any FA really want to go there. They may quickly become the bottom dwellers of the AFC East. 

I mean I don’t really pay close attention to Jets football but they did just beat a team fighting for their playoff lives.  

56 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The Jets aren’t devoid of talent though.

I like McDermotts style better as well and don’t like Gase but the team hasn’t appeared to give up on him so there’s that.  

Neither is Cleveland.  But like Cleveland they are devoid of leadership.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, egd said:

What happened with Fairburn and McD?

From what I read/heard, Fairburn spoke openly about some plays/ trick play the Bills were working on, so Sean explained to him in no uncertain terms he was never to do that again. Frankly Fairburn F up and deserved what he got, imo.

10-5 baby!

Playoff bound!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

From what I read/heard, Fairburn spoke openly about some plays/ trick play the Bills were working on, so Sean explained to him in no uncertain terms he was never to do that again. Frankly Fairburn F up and deserved what he got, imo.

10-5 baby!

Playoff bound!!

Go Bills!!!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I mean I don’t really pay close attention to Jets football but they did just beat a team fighting for their playoff lives.  

Contrary to anyone's belief. The Steelers are NOT a very good football team. There defense is feisty but their offense is in shambles. The run they made prior to playing the Bills was against who? Arizona, Cle and the Bengals? Playing in Pittsburgh is always a challenge. However when you know the words to Renegade at the start of the 4th qtr. You always have a chance.

2 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

Contrary to anyone's belief. The Steelers are NOT a very good football team. There defense is feisty but their offense is in shambles. The run they made prior to playing the Bills was against who? Arizona, Cle and the Bengals? Playing in Pittsburgh is always a challenge. However when you know the words to Renegade at the start of the 4th qtr. You always have a chance.

Well Cleveland beat the Bills

They’ve always historically done well in the second half of the season.  

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Well Cleveland beat the Bills

They’ve always historically done well in the second half of the season.  

They played musical chairs with their QB's against the Jets. Their #1 RB is ailing and their is very limited talent behind Connor. Their WR group is banged up and in flux. 

Just because The Browns beat the Bills doesn't mean they are any good. Obviously, look at their record. Besides the Steelers beat Cle in Pittsburgh.

Gase definitely needs more time. He needs to bring in more of "his" guys as they get rid of LeVeon (he's allergic to bell cows) and Jamal (asking to leave now, grant his wish); give it at least 3 years to see how he can mold this team. Just my two cents

Edited by JimKellyTryouts
  • Haha (+1) 1