Allen Jersey

finn

I'd like to buy an authentic Josh Allen jersey for my nephew, but the websites are all over the place and it's tough to figure out what is good quality and a good price. Can anyone guide me? It would be an adult jersey. Thanks!

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

If youre looking for something cheap you can use DH Gate, however its in China and takes a few weeks to get here.

Otherwise you may as well just spend the money at the Bills store.

If you don't care about it being authentic you can also go to eBay, there you might get it quicker and see some photos. DHGate and others are a crap shoot for quality. I've seen some come in as good as authentic, and some that would struggle to be called thirds, the quality is so bad

For authentic, Bill store, NFL.com or any of the sporting stores will all be around the same prices so it won't really matter. The only price difference will be between what level you plan on buying from Replica to authentic, to official game Jersey.

Edited by apuszczalowski

Like others have said if you really want an Authentic Jersey you have to go through nflshop, bills store, or pretty much any sporting goods store that sells nfl licensed merchandise. 

If you don’t want to spend a ton of money(authentic authentics are not cheap) you can go the knock off route like DHgate or the many other China sites. 

Some say you can’t tell the difference but those people most likely have never saw a real authentic jersey. One dead giveaway is the crease that goes up each sleeve to the collar and the wrong teams numbers used. There are a lot of Bills fans thinking they have a real Bills Jersey with patriot* numbers.

49 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Like others have said if you really want an Authentic Jersey you have to go through nflshop, bills store, or pretty much any sporting goods store that sells nfl licensed merchandise. 

If you don’t want to spend a ton of money(authentic authentics are not cheap) you can go the knock off route like DHgate or the many other China sites. 

Some say you can’t tell the difference but those people most likely have never saw a real authentic jersey. One dead giveaway is the crease that goes up each sleeve to the collar and the wrong teams numbers used. There are a lot of Bills fans thinking they have a real Bills Jersey with patriot* numbers.

I've had excellent luck with the Chinese wholesalers.  Average jersey price is about $30.  Fantastic quality, durable and very authentic-looking.  I'll never buy the official stuff.  I like my money too much.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

That's the gamble with the knockoff China sites. Sometimes you get knockoffs that are almost unnoticeable, other times you can tell right away. Considering these sites sell alot of the seconds from factories in China making the authentics, they a

Can be close.

Sometimes they are really bad and the numbers or letters aren't correct fonts, or the letters/numbers are crooked. Sometimes the shade of the colour is off slightly, sometimes the stitching is off. In many cases though you can't tell unless your up close looking at it.

You just never know what you are going to get with them and you won't know until it arrives and it's too late.

9 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You can't do a "good" price and get authentic. Spend the money and get the real one from the Bills store. 

@Gugny is cheap, just like Ralph was.......

You will not hear any kind of argument from me!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Several years ago, at a home game, there were five people standing up in my section, towards the end of the game. They were all wearing the same players jersey. All five jerseys had something different about them. Either it was the font on the name plate, the numbers, the striping, even the colors were a little off. 

If you saw them individually, you might not even notice it. But seeing them together, it was obvious some of them, or maybe all, went the cheap route. 

Edited by Just Jack

At the risk of sounding off my rocker, I’ve bought 2 Allen away jerseys in the past year, one “authentic” from the Bills store for basically a cool hundo (shipping not included) and one for 40 bucks (shipping included) from Ebay, and brother, I like my eBay find a whole lot better. For starters, the official Nike one is all screen printed with absolutely nothing embroidered. Over time you can guess how that will hold up. My eBay jersey conversely is completely embroidered down to the last charging Buffalo, well stitched, and just feels well made all around. The colors are also more vibrant that way with thread, and the name plate is actually a separately sewn addition, as opposed to the official screen printed letters—like @Gugny, I’m never going back to the official price gouging that goes on, and will take my chances at hitting a dud along the way.:thumbsup:

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/23/2019 at 8:56 PM, Just Jack said:

Several years ago, at a home game, there were five people standing up in my section, towards the end of the game. They were all wearing the same players jersey. All five jerseys had something different about them. Either it was the font on the name plate, the numbers, the striping, even the colors were a little off. 

If you saw them individually, you might not even notice it. But seeing them together, it was obvious some of them, or maybe all, went the cheap route. 

and yet you couldn’t pick out who 

A family member gets jerseys from DH Gate.  Got a Josh green University of Wyoming jersey that is very well made, gets tons of compliments when he wears it to a game.  Has a few other Nike Bills jerseys that are really good, can't really tell they are knock offs.

Issue is the money grab with jerseys.  3rd jerseys and now color rush every few years just to sell more.  $100 or $150 for basic jerseys, much more for "game" jerseys.  Too darn much money for something you don't wear very often.

To the OP, if you want an authentic Allen jersey just go to *****, they have plenty.  Otherwise shop NFL.com or the bills site.  I prefer the NFL shop, have a wider range of players.  I usually prefer to purchase older players.

Edited by davefan66

I have an Ed Oliver color rush jersey. Bought it because I'm a UH fan, and wanted it in UH colors so I could wear it to both games. I wanted to buy authentic, because I'd had some bad luck in the past. But they only sold authentic color rush in Allen and McCoy. So I had no choice but to go the knockoff route. 

I'll say this. There are a few things off about them. Some stitching might be off, or something like that. You really only notice if you're looking for them. But considering buying the same jersey would have literally cost me 5x as much, the differences aren't worth it. I bought myself an Oliver, and my wife a blue Kyle Williams, for about $65 total including shipping.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:56 PM, Just Jack said:

Good.  I despise the monopoly created by having only one official retailer.  I encourage everybody to get cheaper Chinese knockoffs.   

23 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I have an Ed Oliver color rush jersey. Bought it because I'm a UH fan, and wanted it in UH colors so I could wear it to both games. I wanted to buy authentic, because I'd had some bad luck in the past. But they only sold authentic color rush in Allen and McCoy. So I had no choice but to go the knockoff route. 

I'll say this. There are a few things off about them. Some stitching might be off, or something like that. You really only notice if you're looking for them. But considering buying the same jersey would have literally cost me 5x as much, the differences aren't worth it. I bought myself an Oliver, and my wife a blue Kyle Williams, for about $65 total including shipping.

Sometimes it's even worth it to take them to a tailor or seamstress and get them to make repairs or modifications to them. I have bought blank jerseys and lettering and had a place around here that does jerseys for the sports leagues around here to do the stitching. The thing with jerseys that have names and numbers already is that stitched on numbers are usually glued and stitched, the names are stitched onto the name plate so they can be removed and new ones installed, so you can change old jerseys as long as it's with someone with the same number. Also knew someone who bought a jersey from DHGate and it had some crooked lettering and stitching, he took it to a tailor and they fixed it for not much 

It's crazy how much they charge for official jerseys. On the weekend I was looking at getting a jersey of the local OHL hockey team here for my niece cause she went to a game and wanted a shirt. They were charging $100 for a youth/kids jersey that she will probably grow out of by next season. For around that price i could have bought an adult one.