Playoffs - Need Nsekhe Back

ngbills

Playoff spot clinched. How do we win a playoff game?

For starters I think we need Nsekhe back. How many times a game do we see Ford just get beat. If I am an opposing D I am attacking the Bills via Ford all game long. This along would help the Bill O tremendously. 

Next on my list is Kroft. Hopefully that TD catch gets him going a bit. Having the option of two TE's depending on match ups could be huge. If we are playing Houston watch the Balt game. They threw for 235 yds with half going to TE's and another big chunk going to RB's. Broncos beat them with huge game from Fant. 

Defense there is not much to complain. Would like to see Edmunds blitz more often as he seems to have a lot of success coming through the middle and disturbing plays. Blitz Edmunds and have a DL drop back. 

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

For starters I think we need Nsekhe back. How many times a game do we see Ford just get beat. If I am an opposing D I am attacking the Bills via Ford all game long. This along would help the Bill O tremendously. 

Next on my list is Kroft. Hopefully that TD catch gets him going a bit. Having the option of two TE's depending on match ups could be huge. If we are playing Houston watch the Balt game. They threw for 235 yds with half going to TE's and another big chunk going to RB's. Broncos beat them with huge game from Fant. 

Defense there is not much to complain. Would like to see Edmunds blitz more often as he seems to have a lot of success coming through the middle and disturbing plays. Blitz Edmunds and have a DL drop back. 

I think Ford has been OK let’s not forget he’s a rookie who was splitting time with Nsekhe and BTW I think it was a great move by McD to do that , because at least he got some in game experience yes I want Nsekhe back as well but I think Ford so far has been IMO better then OK 

GO BILLS 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Ford has been Fine. He went in against these Edge Rushers and how many sacks where given up from Ford?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ford has been Fine. He went in against these Edge Rushers and how many sacks where given up from Ford?

Yes he has been pretty solid, but that doesn't change the fact that this teams needs Nsekhe back. Then move Ford back to G. Hopefully he will be ready soon because he is needed especially down the stretch here coming up and for the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

They gave up one sack.  Last four weeks they've faced some of the best defenses in the league.  He's a rookie who not only was splitting time with Nsekhe, but in training camp also was switching positions . My thinking as of late is not sure he won't be the long term answer at RT as opposed to switching to guard as he's more than holding his own. 

Just happy that the people running the Bills have more patience than most posters here.   Seems a day doesn't go by that there isn't a post about either Ford or Knox being a bust or close to it and what are we going to do about TE next season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes he has been pretty solid, but that doesn't change the fact that this teams needs Nsekhe back. Then move Ford back to G. Hopefully he will be ready soon because he is needed especially down the stretch here coming up and for the playoffs.

Ford ISNT going back to G.  Felciano is the G.  Nsekhe gets back they will go back into their Rotation like they have all Season

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Why would they move him to guard when they already have three strong players inside.  I'd expect when Ty comes back barring injury inside,  Ford will take the majority of the snaps at RT with Ty spelling him some as the past four weeks has shown he can fill the needs of the position.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ford ISNT going back to G.  Felciano is the G.  Nsekhe gets back they will go back into their Rotation like they have all Season

Yes you are correct. My mistake. Basically I would rather have my veteran RT for the playoffs than start the rookie if at all possible.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Why would they move him to guard when they already have three strong players inside.  I'd expect when Ty comes back barring injury inside,  Ford will take the majority of the snaps at RT with Ty spelling him some as the past four weeks has shown he can fill the needs of the position.

Yes I was mistaken on that

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

No need to defend Ford. He is a rookie and this is expected; I am all for developing him. This is about winning in the playoffs.

If you watch the film Ford is the weak link in this OL. It may not always be a sack but he allows too many QB pressures, batted balls by DL, etc. I know he struggled vs BALT and will need to review the PITT game but initial thought was he struggled. 

Look who Ford has faced the last few weeks. 
He has earned a little time off from being the whipping boy flavor of the week. 
He held up pretty well against some insanely good pass rushers. Rather he’s getting help from the tight ends or he’s finally coming into his own he has held up waaaaay better than almost any of us could hope for. We just killed the line for the Baltimore game and against another top defense on the road they held up really good. Not a lot of penalties, run game looked decent, and Josh at times had a lot of time to get the ball out. They were blown up a few times but you have to expect that against top defenses. 
Having Nsekhe back is fantastic when he’s ready. I’m no fan of the rotations though. Let the starter play whoever they pick and leave them in. Something to be said for continuity amongst the line and familiarity with one another. If your starter is struggling sure pull him but just stick with one guy unless there’s a reason not to. 

36 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Would like to see Edmunds blitz more often as he seems to have a lot of success coming through the middle and disturbing plays. Blitz Edmunds and have a DL drop back. 

I wouldn't ask to change anything to their current approach to the defense.  The success you speak of is likely due to catching their opponent off guard and blitzing Edmunds at the opportune time.  Doing the same thing more won't necessarily lead to more success especially once opponents pick up on it.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Look who Ford has faced the last few weeks. 
He has earned a little time off from being the whipping boy flavor of the week. 
He held up pretty well against some insanely good pass rushers. Rather he’s getting help from the tight ends or he’s finally coming into his own he has held up waaaaay better than almost any of us could hope for. We just killed the line for the Baltimore game and against another top defense on the road they held up really good. Not a lot of penalties, run game looked decent, and Josh at times had a lot of time to get the ball out. They were blown up a few times but you have to expect that against top defenses. 
Having Nsekhe back is fantastic when he’s ready. I’m no fan of the rotations though. Let the starter play whoever they pick and leave them in. Something to be said for continuity amongst the line and familiarity with one another. If your starter is struggling sure pull him but just stick with one guy unless there’s a reason not to. 

These guys are huge human beings.  I think that giving them a few snaps off now and then helps to combat the rotations that most top defenses now deploy in their lines.  The rest might also help them to maintain a higher standard of play throughout the game... and reduce their susceptibility to injury.  All of this is based on the fact that the various players are relatively similar in ability... which I believe is the case for the Bills' top 7 or 8 men when everyone is healthy.

22 minutes ago, ngbills said:

No need to defend Ford. He is a rookie and this is expected; I am all for developing him. This is about winning in the playoffs.

If you watch the film Ford is the weak link in this OL. It may not always be a sack but he allows too many QB pressures, batted balls by DL, etc. I know he struggled vs BALT and will need to review the PITT game but initial thought was he struggled. 

i think spain was the weak link on the line against the steelers

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I don't know what this fetish for moving Ford to guard in 2019 is? I get that you might think Ford has been a liability at RT I get wanting Ty in there and moving Ford to the bench (although I think Ford has been decent at RT.) But Spain and Feliciano have been very good to solid at the guard positions. They don't need to be replaced by Ford. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I don't know what this fetish for moving Ford to guard in 2019 is? I get that you might think Ford has been a liability at RT I get wanting Ty in there and moving Ford to the bench (although I think Ford has been decent at RT.) But Spain and Feliciano have been very good to solid at the guard positions. They don't need to be replaced by Ford. 

Same Reason they wanted Glenn moved to OG his entire career, Same People that want Dawkins kicked to OG as well

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

If we're playing Houston, there's a strong possibility that Watt is back.  We need all the help we can get to stop him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001088773/article/bill-obrien-addresses-possible-jj-watt-return-from-ir

well that's something.  would hate to see him return against us.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Same Reason they wanted Glenn moved to OG his entire career, Same People that want Dawkins kicked to OG as well

I know from 2011-2013 people really wanted Glenn kicked in at guard. But I think by 2014 when he put in a pro-bowl caliber season (along with his excellent 2015) no one wanted Glenn at guard. But yeah despite quality average or better play at a tackle position seems worthless to a lot on here.