Sign in to follow this  
Reed83HOF

Le'Veon Bell ruled out with the flu - went bowling all night long

4 hours ago, BisonMan said:

This is one of the biggest non-stories of the year.

First, it's been reported that Bell asked to play but the team told him he couldn't travel with the club or stay at the team hotel because he was recovering from the flu. It was a team precautionary decision not to have him play even though he wanted to.

Second, who gives a crap what an inactive player does on a Saturday night before the game he's not playing in? Is he supposed to sit at home when he feels fine? It's not like he was out drinking at a nightclub and shot somebody. Is there something less innocuous than bowling you can think of? "Le'Veon Bell spotted at a McDonald's at 1am the night before a Jets game." He's not Barrett Robbins.

Plus, the dude threw a game over 250! Mad props.

Good points 

4 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I don’t pay employees 1 million dollars per 1 day of work. I think we can figure out how to keep him separated and still play the game. What a bunch of bs. 

meh- the jets were entering the week 4-8. They should probably keep his touches pretty minimal in December at that point. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets told Bell to stay away from the team and told him he couldn't play. Full stop. 

I suggest everyone read this before mounting their moral high horses: https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/leveon-bell-explains-bowling-trip-before-week-13.

People already decided who he is and what they think about him. 

5 hours ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

No excuse they should ridicule the ***** out of him. If you have the flu and cannot play you shouldn’t be out with your buddies until 1am the night before a game. 

he wanted to play, the jets told him he could not and to stay away. You have your facts all messed up.

Talked to my Jets fan buddy.

he says Bell was told to stay away from the team, as to not get anyone else sick. 

so he went bowing instead. Big deal, I guess.