Le'Veon Bell ruled out with the flu - went bowling all night long

Reed83HOF

15 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Since when is till 1:00 a.m. "all night long" that close to New York City.

It was indeed a stupid thing to do, but it was hardly all night long. The New York City media strikes again.

When you miss the game the next day and you are out bowling the night before, 8pm is too late.

21 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

A) He is really stupid as there are a very small handful of people who carry these doo-hickeys called cell phones that also function as cameras ; or

B) He I making a big-brain play to get out of NY

I am thinking B.. because nobody is stupid enough for A .. and $35 million of the 52 million 4 yr contract is guaranteed 

All of a coach's contract is guaranteed even if he mails it like Rex did last year he was with Bills.

16 hours ago, ganesh said:

He had the flu so couldn't drive too far ?

He was not driving.

On 12/9/2019 at 11:26 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Once they hired Gase, I stopped worrying about the Jets.

Well good sir, kindly give me just a New York minute to come up with a lot of good reasons for why you’re so wrong...But first, is that a pile of smelling salts I see over there??

7CD935DF-1B0A-4F08-8450-4007CAE3F5C5.thumb.jpeg.f90c3bbe4e4741a872b2d9f202b1eacf.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Bell: 589 yards, 3.2 per carry, $15 million

Gore: 558 yards, 3.7 per carry, $2 million

Remember that, Gore haters, before you post again!

But can Gore roll a 251?  ?

6 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

There are lots of losing coaches who still have the respect of the players. What in the world do these FOs see in Gase?

I am suffering from abbreviation overload. Is FO ‘Front Office’, or ‘F*** Offs’?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

16 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

But can Gore roll a 251?  ?

I am suffering from abbreviation overload. Is FO ‘Front Office’, or ‘F*** Offs’?

Haha front offices. I assume everyone understands my abbreviations when I've been drinking. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Haha front offices. I assume everyone understands my abbreviations when I've been drinking. 

Read a Jets fan forum, and you’ll see many hold the Johnson brothers fulfill the alternate meaning.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

16 hours ago, Nelius said:

Those were rumors, and it was 30 years ago. And they then proceeded to go to three more Super Bowls.

Bell is a giant disappointment, who seemingly doesn't care, and who DID go out the night before he missed a game due to the flu.

The mental gymnastics...

Lol, well I was trying to go for a top 10 mental gymnastic post of 2019, so glad I was at least in the ballpark.

Apparently bowled his best game ever, a 251 too...

12 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

There are lots of losing coaches who still have the respect of the players. What in the world do these FOs see in Gase?

an offensive "mastermind" that doesn't seem to really be a mastermind based on his production his offenses get...certainly not his overall team rankings on offense and defense which were near the bottom of the league with the Dolphins while he was there.

This is one of the biggest non-stories of the year.

First, it's been reported that Bell asked to play but the team told him he couldn't travel with the club or stay at the team hotel because he was recovering from the flu. It was a team precautionary decision not to have him play even though he wanted to.

Second, who gives a crap what an inactive player does on a Saturday night before the game he's not playing in? Is he supposed to sit at home when he feels fine? It's not like he was out drinking at a nightclub and shot somebody. Is there something less innocuous than bowling you can think of? "Le'Veon Bell spotted at a McDonald's at 1am the night before a Jets game." He's not Barrett Robbins.

Plus, the dude threw a game over 250! Mad props.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

This is one of the biggest non-stories of the year.

First, it's been reported that Bell asked to play but the team told him he couldn't travel with the club or stay at the team hotel because he was recovering from the flu. It was a team precautionary decision not to have him play even though he wanted to.

Second, who gives a crap what an inactive player does on a Saturday night before the game he's not playing in? Is he supposed to sit at home when he feels fine? It's not like he was out drinking at a nightclub and shot somebody. Is there something less innocuous than bowling you can think of? "Le'Veon Bell spotted at a McDonald's at 1am the night before a Jets game." He's not Barrett Robbins.

Plus, the dude threw a game over 250! Mad props.

Agreed - what a stupid story. He was told to keep away from the team. What the hell is wrong with bowling, about as family-friendly an activity as you could ever imagine?

18 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

When you miss the game the next day and you are out bowling the night before, 8pm is too late.

He was actually ordered to stay away from the team.