On really windy days, is the 1st level bad?

BillsCuse

I'm going to make the trip up tomorrow and I'm contemplating if I should bring my son with me or not.  I'm probably going to buy tickets on the 1st level around one of the end zones.   I'm going regardless, but not sure if it will be too cold for my son.  I know the higher levels get hit with the wind pretty bad, but how is the 1st level?  Is it still pretty windy or a calmer down there?  Thanks

If you're concerned for your son's being exposed, wind is probably the least of your worries if you're sitting in the EZ :P

In seriousness, I wouldn't let wind be a deciding factor.  It will be less wind than at the top of the upper deck in the lower deck, but if it's cold it's going to be cold everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

I'm going to make the trip up tomorrow and I'm contemplating if I should bring my son with me or not.  I'm probably going to buy tickets on the 1st level around one of the end zones.   I'm going regardless, but not sure if it will be too cold for my son.  I know the higher levels get hit with the wind pretty bad, but how is the 1st level?  Is it still pretty windy or a calmer down there?  Thanks

If your in the market for tix in that location lmk.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

15mph winds, gusts of 25. Not exactly a hurricane. 50 degrees too. But for your question, the lower bowl is definitely calmer than the upper decks. You'll have no problems. Hope that helps.

We have seats in the lowers.  Wind is much less of a factor.  I agree with Bferra13!

• Like (+1) 2

Reminds me a of a story... A December game against the Fish. My young daughter didn't dress appropriately (my fault for not supervising). It was snowing heavily and very cold.

She starts crying, I think she's getting frostbite. It's time to leave or else I'll get prosecuted for bad parenting. I ended up carrying her on my back to the car, which by the grace of God I found right away.

We ended up watching the game at a nearby Dickies Donuts. We slaughtered the Fish.

Moral of the story: over-dress the kiddos. Or you may miss an epic game.

• Like (+1) 2

Ok thanks guys. Maybe I was overthinking it when I was reading an article about the bad wind affecting the game.  He's a Syracuse kid, not like it's anything new lol

17 minutes ago, stevewin said:

If you're concerned for your son's being exposed, wind is probably the least of your worries if you're sitting in the EZ :P

In seriousness, I wouldn't let wind be a deciding factor.  It will be less wind than at the top of the upper deck in the lower deck, but if it's cold it's going to be cold everywhere.

He comes from an Irish family, he's already been exposed lol

8 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Ok thanks guys. Maybe I was overthinking it when I was reading an article about the bad wind affecting the game.  He's a Syracuse kid, not like it's anything new lol

Especially if he’s in his late 20’s!