Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BillsCuse

On really windy days, is the 1st level bad?

Recommended Posts

I'm going to make the trip up tomorrow and I'm contemplating if I should bring my son with me or not.  I'm probably going to buy tickets on the 1st level around one of the end zones.   I'm going regardless, but not sure if it will be too cold for my son.  I know the higher levels get hit with the wind pretty bad, but how is the 1st level?  Is it still pretty windy or a calmer down there?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15mph winds, gusts of 25. Not exactly a hurricane. 50 degrees too. But for your question, the lower bowl is definitely calmer than the upper decks. You'll have no problems. Hope that helps.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're concerned for your son's being exposed, wind is probably the least of your worries if you're sitting in the EZ :P

 

In seriousness, I wouldn't let wind be a deciding factor.  It will be less wind than at the top of the upper deck in the lower deck, but if it's cold it's going to be cold everywhere.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

I'm going to make the trip up tomorrow and I'm contemplating if I should bring my son with me or not.  I'm probably going to buy tickets on the 1st level around one of the end zones.   I'm going regardless, but not sure if it will be too cold for my son.  I know the higher levels get hit with the wind pretty bad, but how is the 1st level?  Is it still pretty windy or a calmer down there?  Thanks

If your in the market for tix in that location lmk.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends. Are we winning?     😋

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

15mph winds, gusts of 25. Not exactly a hurricane. 50 degrees too. But for your question, the lower bowl is definitely calmer than the upper decks. You'll have no problems. Hope that helps.

We have seats in the lowers.  Wind is much less of a factor.  I agree with Bferra13!

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me a of a story... A December game against the Fish. My young daughter didn't dress appropriately (my fault for not supervising). It was snowing heavily and very cold.

 

She starts crying, I think she's getting frostbite. It's time to leave or else I'll get prosecuted for bad parenting. I ended up carrying her on my back to the car, which by the grace of God I found right away.

 

We ended up watching the game at a nearby Dickies Donuts. We slaughtered the Fish.

 

Moral of the story: over-dress the kiddos. Or you may miss an epic game.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks guys. Maybe I was overthinking it when I was reading an article about the bad wind affecting the game.  He's a Syracuse kid, not like it's anything new lol

17 minutes ago, stevewin said:

If you're concerned for your son's being exposed, wind is probably the least of your worries if you're sitting in the EZ :P

 

In seriousness, I wouldn't let wind be a deciding factor.  It will be less wind than at the top of the upper deck in the lower deck, but if it's cold it's going to be cold everywhere.

He comes from an Irish family, he's already been exposed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Ok thanks guys. Maybe I was overthinking it when I was reading an article about the bad wind affecting the game.  He's a Syracuse kid, not like it's anything new lol

 

Especially if he’s in his late 20’s! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You know the drill, heavy jacket, winter hat gloves, if he’s that concerned a scarf, and two pairs of thick socks.  He’ll be fine.

 

Yep. Toes, fingers, and ears. Keep those comfy, all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring an anemometer and measure it, then report back. It's for science.

Edited by MJS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...