Annoying ads during prime time NFL games

YoloinOhio

I CANNOT stand the Baker commercials, and thankfully watch most games on a delay to FF them all.

One that I do love is the AT&T one that is"just ok" with the doctor...gets a little chuckle from me everytime.  "You nervous?  Me too." and "I'll see ya in there!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nemhoff said:

I CANNOT stand the Baker commercials, and thankfully watch most games on a delay to FF them all.

One that I do love is the AT&T one that is"just ok" with the doctor...gets a little chuckle from me everytime.  "You nervous?  Me too." and "I'll see ya in there!"

That one is funny as are the Dr Pepper Fansville (I think those are only on during the college games) 

• Haha (+1) 1

This is why I DVR and start the game an hour late lol. Fast forward is literally my best friend these days. By the time I’m live either the game sucks or I’m close to the end. I find myself to get distracted during commercial breaks and I generally lose focus of the game 

• Like (+1) 1

Frankly 99.999999% of ads are so poorly conceived and produced that their creators should be beaten about the head and shoulders, every time one is played on air or streaming. 

But maybe that’s just me... 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What makes your most annoying list?

Some contenders -

Peloton 

State Farm, Rodgers/Mahomie

Lexus December to Remember

The Champ is Here

Apple dead grandma 

Any commercial where Baker “lives” at the stadium 

Peloton only come around during the holidays and from the feelers I've put out, most women aren't overjoyed about receiving exercise equipment for gifts.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

Peloton only come around during the holidays and from the feelers I've put out most women aren't overjoyed about receiving exercise equipment for gifts.

I gather there has been backlash because the girl who got the bike in the commercial from her husband said it changed her life over the course of the year and she looks the exact same at the end

Just now, Dick_Cheney said:

I would genuinely pay a little extra for not having commercials. Other than the officiating, they are the worst part of the usual Sunday NFL viewing experience.

Absolutely the last thing that will ever happen. Commercial revenue is huuuuuge

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

Absolutely the last thing that will ever happen. Commercial revenue is huuuuuge

Sad but true. However, why wouldn't the league want to give me the option to take my money directly for a Super Duper Sunday Ticket Package without commercials? Regular folks aren't paying for Sunday Ticket anyways. Maybe I'll just start listening to radio broadcasts again...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I gather there has been backlash because the girl who got the bike in the commercial from her husband said it changed her life over the course of the year and she looks the exact same at the end

I noticed that too. Before bike.....would smash. After bike.....would smash. No change. They are in what looks like a beautiful house in a picturesque setting, and the peloton probably cost as much as a cheap car. I'm guessing there is a fairly tiny target audience. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Haha (+1) 4

I actually like the Baker commercials believe it or not.

I think the Peloton commercial is kinda bad.  That woman doesn’t spin.  A girl who spins as much as the commercial suggests....would have muscle tone in the legs.  Although I do think that the crap they’re getting for the “message” of the commercial is ridiculous.  Some people would actually love that bike.

I hate the psoriasis medicine commercials.  Each actor they show looks like they have lupus.

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some contenders -

Peloton 

The Champ is Here

Apple dead grandma 

I wonder if we will see this Peleton ad anytime soon!

https://nypost.com/2019/12/03/why-everyone-is-criticizing-the-new-peloton-bike-christmas-commercial/

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some contenders -

Peloton 

The Champ is Here

Apple dead grandma 

Excellent list. I personally hate any of the Peloton commercials. The one with the wife looking scared and nervous the entire time is so damn cheesy. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin