Annoying ads during prime time NFL games

YoloinOhio

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

This is a hilariously bad take.?

You can't be that out of touch.

Unless the last winter you spent in Binghamton was like 70 million years ago.

I haven't lived in Binghamton in years.  I do remember going cross country skiing when it snowed enough years ago.  I'm also a downhill skier and snowboarder; so anytime I can get outdoors I'm all for it.  Why spend that kind of money for maybe four months of use?  Get the real thing.

So, yeah, maybe I'm that out of touch.  Bad take in your opinion only.

• Like (+1) 1

The Baker commercials are insufferable to me. I am indifferent to most of the others with a few good ones. The real problem for me, including for the good ones, is that after seeing them two or three times they also become insufferable. I guess it’s just an occupational hazard from watching a lot of NFL football.

18 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

This is the AT&T commercial I mentioned above, hilarious

Gotcha!  I’ll edit it.

The Geico commercial was the run into the shed with chainsaws one.

33 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't understand the draw to a several thousand dollar Peloton bike, plus spin class subscription.  Just get a real bike and ride outside like it should be done.

It’s convenience and outdoor bikes also costs thousands of you buy a decent one....like serious bicyclists.

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Sad but true. However, why wouldn't the league want to give me the option to take my money directly for a Super Duper Sunday Ticket Package without commercials? Regular folks aren't paying for Sunday Ticket anyways. Maybe I'll just start listening to radio broadcasts again...

Unless you are local radio broadcasts are no longer available.  The radio.com app for WGR does not work.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I haven't lived in Binghamton in years.  I do remember going cross country skiing when it snowed enough years ago.  I'm also a downhill skier and snowboarder; so anytime I can get outdoors I'm all for it.  Why spend that kind of money for maybe four months of use?  Get the real thing.

So, yeah, maybe I'm that out of touch.  Bad take in your opinion only.

What if you have a child at home and you’re divorced or daddy is not at home?  

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if you have a child at home and you’re divorced or daddy is not at home?  

I can see that point about having a child at home who shouldn't be left alone without a parent.  I was primarily referring to the commercials where children were noticeably absent.  IMO, the Pelotons seem too much like a status symbol, judging by the environment they're in, and a way of exercising for soft people.  My mind would be changed if I see a Peloton commercial set in the 'hood.

• Like (+1) 1

Peloton...I don't like them, but I watch the commercials closely, because I just can't understand their marketing campaign.  They seem to be advertising to the vapid 20-something socially-isolated trophy wife/Instagram model/video blogger who lives in a $3.5m house who has neither the time nor money for a personal trainer?  And during football games?  

That's a really niche marketing campaign.  Gotta be at least six or eight women in that demographic across the country.  Maybe next year they'll expand their marketing to include one-legged-touch-typists with-frizzy-hair-and-glaucoma hockey fans. 

Peloton's just ***** weird.  

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

My mind would be changed if I see a Peloton commercial set in the 'hood.

That's an SNL clip that badly needs to happen.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I can see that point about having a child at home who shouldn't be left alone without a parent.  I was primarily referring to the commercials where children were noticeably absent.  IMO, the Pelotons seem too much like a status symbol, judging by the environment they're in, and a way of exercising for soft people.  My mind would be changed if I see a Peloton commercial set in the 'hood.

I learned about spin bikes because my ex was big into them.  Peloton is considered a status symbol for non-serious spin cyclists.  Serious cyclists make fun of Peloton.

They’re average bikes at premium costs.  My ex has a really good one about the same price.

I don’t bike/cycle and live in Atlanta....but can you even ride a bike outside in the dead of winter?  You need speed to get a true workout.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I learned about spin bikes because my ex was big into them.  Peloton is considered a status symbol among serious spin cyclists.

They’re average bikes at premium costs.  My ex has a really good one about the same price.

I don’t bike/cycle and live in Atlanta....but can you even ride a bike outside in the dead of winter?  You need speed to get a true workout.

In the mid Atlantic, sometimes yes, sometimes no.  It depends on your tolerance to cold and the clothing you have.  I can go until about 45 degrees on a road bike.  On a mountain bike, a little lower.  Obviously in snow and ice, not so much.  

It's not just speed, but more so inclines.  IMO, mountain biking (even on smaller hills) is a better workout than road biking; at least I felt it more.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I learned about spin bikes because my ex was big into them.  Peloton is considered a status symbol among serious spin cyclists.

Fat tire, steel frame, fixed gear.... go get groceries on the thing in 4” of snow and you’ll get a workout.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Peloton...I don't like them, but I watch the commercials closely, because I just can't understand their marketing campaign.  They seem to be advertising to the vapid 20-something socially-isolated trophy wife/Instagram model/video blogger who lives in a $3.5m house who has neither the time nor money for a personal trainer?  And during football games?  

That's a really niche marketing campaign.  Gotta be at least six or eight women in that demographic across the country.  Maybe next year they'll expand their marketing to include one-legged-touch-typists with-frizzy-hair-and-glaucoma hockey fans. 

Peloton's just ***** weird.  

That's an SNL clip that badly needs to happen.  :lol:

Absolutely.  Eddie Murphy would have nailed that skit.  I can just picture a classic SNL clip in my mind and probably shouldn't mention it here.

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

In the mid Atlantic, sometimes yes, sometimes no.  It depends on your tolerance to cold and the clothing you have.  I can go until about 45 degrees on a road bike.  On a mountain bike, a little lower.  Obviously in snow and ice, not so much.  

It's not just speed, but more so inclines.  IMO, mountain biking (even on smaller hills) is a better workout than road biking; at least I felt it more.

Yeah but a speed bike is much different that a road or mountain bike right?  Like I'm talking about the ones with the skinny tires.

I've taken a few spin classes through out the years and it was all about RPM's.

Edited by Royale with Cheese