The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Face it, we just out number you guys. 

---

In a brief tweet, Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) explained, “Zelensky told Trump he needed military aid. Then Trump said, ‘I would like you to do us a favor, though.’ That same day, Michael Duffey sent an email directing military aid to be withheld. Now the White House is withholding Duffey’s emails. This is a cover-up.”

That is not how that conversation went. Someone is lying.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

that was bad. i know he was going for levity but all it did was leave me shaking my head. they are their own worst enemies, they are seriously tone deaf. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

Yes, Trump. 

Just read the transcript and listen to the witnesses 

But seriously, would you care what Trump did was wrong? 

that's the thing, it wasn't. if he didn't seek to question apparent improprieties, he would not be doing his job and would then be doing a disservice to his country.

• Like (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He specifically said cities, and even listed each of them.  Again, the data is elusive, so I'm not going to argue something that can't be proven, but when 20% of voting age people are voting I can't see what crazy math it would take to say that 100% of registered voters voted.

The percentage of registered voters who vote has nothing to do with the percentage of those eligible to vote who register.

Just now, Foxx said:

that's the thing, it wasn't. if he didn't seek to question apparent improprieties, he would not be doing his job and would then be doing a disservice to his country.

He wasn't looking for improprieties, he was looking for an announcement of an investigation, nothing more. Trump cares about corruption, lol. How naive does one have to be to believe that 

Impeachment polling might be BAD for Dems, because Chuck Schumer just upped the fear-mongering ante

The Senate impeachment trial for President Trump is entering day three, and this morning Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer addressed that subject — but not before adding another element to the mix:

Maybe the fact that Schumer felt the need to dial up the fear-mongering is some proof that the Dems’ impeachment trial effort isn’t moving the public opinion needle.

Also, not that it needs to be said, but Schumer is yet again full of BS:

Lies, damn lies, and Chuck Schumer: Yesterday Trump was asked about Entitlements, aka "Mandatory Spending." There are many components of "Mandatory Spending." He said it was something that had to be looked at, which is true.

1. Trump never said "social security."
2. The President does not have the power to cut "mandatory spending" since it's, well, MANDATORY.
3. Mandatory spending is out of control.
4. Trump makes the point that with such a strong economy it's a good time to look at entitlements.

5. It is a good time to look at entitlements since more people have jobs than ever and wages at the lowest income levels are growing.
6. Schumer and the Democrats hate this president more than they love the country. They know darn well mandatory spending is out of control.

Not only did Trump never actually say he was cutting spending, his own budget proposals expand Medicare and Social Security spending faster than Obama.

This is like in '96 when the GOP increased Medicare spending and the media screamed Republicans were "gutting Medicare."

I know their impeachment showtrial is going badly..............but if they have to fall back to these old chestnuts...........Holy Cow.

• Like (+1) 4

ol' Jerry Lewis Nads is done. thank goodness.

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He wasn't looking for improprieties, he was looking for an announcement of an investigation, nothing more. Trump cares about corruption, lol. How naive does one have to be to believe that 

lol. your impeaching him because, "he was looking for an announcement..., nothing more"? my gosh you guys are deranged.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

From watching the media fall all over themselves this morning trying to worship at the altar of Adam Schiff (yikes and gross), you’d think the House Democrat managers were just KILLING IT at the Impeachment Trial. In reality, most Americans are over this entire impeachment sham (hoax, circus, clown show, s**t-show, etc) and have even started to tune it out.

This is not good for Democrats who are relying on this nonsense to campaign because as we all know they wasted the last four years trying to overturn an election and didn’t get anything done.

Not the best campaign strategy.

People are simply exhausted of the entire thing, especially when it’s obvious the articles contain no crimes and this is just an opportunity for Democrats to make big speeches about how orange man is bad for their base. And then when Trump is acquitted they’ll claim it was because the fix was in, never acknowledging they had nothing real to charge him with in the first place.

Most Americans have figured it out.

Sorry, Democrats.

Murkowski: “Very Offended” Over Nadler’s “Cover-Up” Accusation

https://hotair.com/archives...

If Nadler is going to keep doing their job for them with the 4 swing Republicans, Sekulow & Co may just rest without making any kind of opening stmt.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

He specifically said cities, and even listed each of them.  Again, the data is elusive, so I'm not going to argue something that can't be proven, but when 20% of voting age people are voting I can't see what crazy math it would take to say that 100% of registered voters voted.

You might want to dig into the world of 'ballot harvesting.'

Totally legal in CA, which is why literally every one of the 58 counties in CA turned blue in the last election.

Every one.

Illegal in many states, but done nonetheless.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Impeachment polling might be BAD for Dems, because Chuck Schumer just upped the fear-mongering ante

The Senate impeachment trial for President Trump is entering day three, and this morning Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer addressed that subject — but not before adding another element to the mix:

Maybe the fact that Schumer felt the need to dial up the fear-mongering is some proof that the Dems’ impeachment trial effort isn’t moving the public opinion needle.

Also, not that it needs to be said, but Schumer is yet again full of BS:

Lies, damn lies, and Chuck Schumer: Yesterday Trump was asked about Entitlements, aka "Mandatory Spending." There are many components of "Mandatory Spending." He said it was something that had to be looked at, which is true.

1. Trump never said "social security."
2. The President does not have the power to cut "mandatory spending" since it's, well, MANDATORY.
3. Mandatory spending is out of control.
4. Trump makes the point that with such a strong economy it's a good time to look at entitlements.

5. It is a good time to look at entitlements since more people have jobs than ever and wages at the lowest income levels are growing.
6. Schumer and the Democrats hate this president more than they love the country. They know darn well mandatory spending is out of control.

Not only did Trump never actually say he was cutting spending, his own budget proposals expand Medicare and Social Security spending faster than Obama.

This is like in '96 when the GOP increased Medicare spending and the media screamed Republicans were "gutting Medicare."

I know their impeachment showtrial is going badly..............but if they have to fall back to these old chestnuts...........Holy Cow.

chuck has been a sitting US Senator since 1998.  I would assume the number of articles written on the trajectory of the Social Security program sine that time number in the hundreds of thousands.  I would bet 98% of those articles skew negative.  Yet this rich, entitled, sanctimonious, hypocritical boated piece of human politics can say without shame or irony that Trump is the problem. 

f u, chuck. 

• Like (+1) 6

MARK STEYN ON IMPEACHMENT: Objection: Sad!

This time I’m the one disinclined to follow along. The left, being not terribly imaginative, always accuse you of what they’re doing themselves.

So, in this case, President Trump is charged with interfering with the 2020 election by men who have been interfering with the 2016 and 2020 elections for over three-and-a-half years now. Which is why we have the preposterous spectacle of four Democrat presidential candidates preparing to vote to remove from office the guy they’re running against.

This is a joke. I gave up on it when, on the eve of the trial, the laughably named “Government Accountability Office” released its supposedly entirely separate conclusion that Trump had acted “illegally”. Aside from the fact that that “finding” is flat out wrong, I wonder whether the permanent bureaucracy ever thinks, “Gee, maybe we should be a little more subtle about putting our Deep State thumbs on the scale.”

Read the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

it's been said by others in this and other threads on this board, I appreciate everyone giving their summaries of what is going on, both sides.  I am not one to sit down and watch and read all this for myself so i rely on the synopsis' i read here.  Whether i agree with your stance or not, i find these re-caps fascinating.  keep them coming.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

That idiot just showed a chart of Biden vs. Trump poll numbers.

It showed that Biden's "lead" WIDENED between August through November.

Worst election influencer EVER!!!

IMPEACH!!!

it is really unbelievable that they are using 'polls' as a pretext for Trumps investigation of the Bidens, as proof that it was nefarious. i hope the WHC rebuts it by running the 2016 polls and their 90+% prediction that Hillary was going to win.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, The Poojer said:

While i agree with the message he is conveying, the dangerous part is when he says that people are depending on congress to do things for 'us'......good lord, that's a scary way to live your life

If Congress's job is not do "do things" for us what is their job exactly??

maintain order, that's about it and you see how well they do that.  Add them to the weather forecaster and mlb hitter jobs where you can be wrong 70% of the time and still be considered awesome at their job

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If Congress's job is not do "do things" for us what is their job exactly??

Edited by The Poojer
grammar