Week 12: Broncos at Bills Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, they did pass on "Right Josh" Rosen and Lamar "Boy Wonder" Jackson as well.  I would actually think if they want to go all hindsight on Elway's ass, LJax right now would make the better target.

It sounds like just want anyone other than what they have.  I’m sure Allen was the target because we played them yesterday (and the one guy that calls in every afternoon to talk about Allen - seems like a guy that gets it ?)

9 minutes ago, Heitz said:

It sounds like just want anyone other than what they have.  I’m sure Allen was the target because we played them yesterday (and the one guy that calls in every afternoon to talk about Allen - seems like a guy that gets it ?)

Right but Denver is like a 2 hour drive from Laramie Wyoming so missing on Allen is kind of like they weren't even paying attention to what was happening in their backyard.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Interception per attempt percentage through week 12.  Yet every commentator seems compelled to discuss Josh Allen's interception problems.  We don't hear to much about Prescott's, Garopppolo's, Goffs, or Ryan's problems. 

1 Jameis Winston 4.6%
4 Sam Darnold 3.8%
3 Baker Mayfield 3.5%
4 Ryan Fitzpatrick 3.4%
10 Mason Rudolph 3.4%
2 Philip Rivers 3.4%
4 Jimmy Garoppolo 3.0%
10 Kyle Allen 2.8%
4 Jared Goff 2.7%
26 Ryan Tannehill 2.6%
4 Matt Ryan 2.5%
4 Dak Prescott 2.5%
12 Daniel Jones 2.4%
12 Andy Dalton 2.4%
12 Josh Allen 2.3%
26 Case Keenum 2.1%
15 Deshaun Watson 1.9%
20 Joe Flacco 1.9%
26 Drew Brees 1.9%
16 Mitchell Trubisky 1.9%
20 Lamar Jackson 1.8%
16 Derek Carr 1.8%
20 Matthew Stafford 1.7%
16 Carson Wentz 1.5%
26 Jacoby Brissett 1.4%
26 Gardner Minshew 1.3%
20 Kyler Murray 1.3%
20 Tom Brady 1.1%
36 Teddy Bridgewater 1.0%
33 Kirk Cousins 0.9%
33 Russell Wilson 0.9%
36 Patrick Mahomes 0.6%
36 Aaron Rodgers 0.5%

That, and also he and Darnold's stats are highly skewed after both suffered multi-interception games against NE.

Those 4 ints happened not going to make excuses other than we all know what an emphasis Belichick places on disguising coverages and luring inexperienced QBs into trap throws - seeing ghosts?

But if you did subtract those 4 ints, Allen would be sitting at .3/game. I think there is probably too much emphasis on this as a part of the narrative that folks like to create about Allen.

He is very cautious with the ball, many times I believe he is too cautious which leads to holding it too long.

The Bills philosophy has been to ride their defense so Allen's cautious approach (prob heavily emphasized by his coaches) is understandable, but I think they have seen that they need to ease up on the reigns a bit.

Allowing Allen the flexibility to audible out of a bad play, or into a better one combined with the uptempo offense they have been running seems to have helped him find more balance between getting the ball out more quickly without being reckless with it.

Edited by WideNine

8 hours ago, nucci said:

I don't understand....you would be ok with 1 win in next 4 games?

What I'm saying is that the Bills won't be favored in any of the next four games. My language of "stealing" wins refers to that fact. My gut tells me they finish 10-6.

22 hours ago, Heitz said:

Watched the game at LoDo’s in Denver - place HAS to be one of the best Bills bars in the country.  Tons of fans, Shout song, raffles, Buffalo food menu.

Would highly recommended (though, this is the last season here ?).

And, oh yeah, 8 - 3 baby!  :beer:

Been to LoDo's a number of times and always had fun.  Sorry to hear it's the last season for them.

I was a member of the Colorado Bills Booster Club and that was the headquarters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1