Jump to content
SinceThe70s

Favorite Car Chases

Recommended Posts

Channel flipping today and just missed the car chase from Bullitt. Watched it on the youtube and to be honest it didn't quite live up to the memory, but still iconic. 

 

 

 

So what are your favorites?

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

 

 

Vacationed in Chicago two years ago and made a point to take the fam on a tour of: Lower Wacker Drive, the intersection where the cop car pileup happened and of course the Richard J Daley plaza.

 

One of the great car chase scenes ever. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

 

Vacationed in Chicago two years ago and made a point to take the fam on a tour of: Lower Wacker Drive, the intersection where the cop car pileup happened and of course the Richard J Daley plaza.

 

One of the great car chase scenes ever. 

Hope a bum didn't throw dirt on your windshield and then force you to pay him to clean it off.  😒  Illinois bums are industrious! 😡 But NOT as bad as Illinois Nazis:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hope a bum didn't throw dirt on your windshield and then force you to pay him to clean it off.  😒  Illinois bums are industrious! 😡 But NOT as bad as Illinois Nazis:

 

 

The fine people of Chicago treated me and the fam very well - except for the lockmasters...what a bunch of know-it-all, over-officious d-bags!

 

JK 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

 

The fine people of Chicago treated me and the fam very well - except for the lockmasters...what a bunch of know-it-all, over-officious d-bags!

 

JK 

We are just misunderstood.  Got too much free time on our hands.  LoL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We are just misunderstood.  Got too much free time on our hands.  LoL...

 

Funny thing is that we did a tourist boat thing and I had no idea that we had to 'lock into' the Chicago River until we did and then I was wondering if you were on station as we passed through. I asked afterwards, and if I  recall correctly, you're further north.

 

But yeah, based on the length of your posts you have too much time on your hands. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

 

Funny thing is that we did a tourist boat thing and I had no idea that we had to 'lock into' the Chicago River until we did and then I was wondering if you were on station as we passed through. I asked afterwards, and if I  recall correctly, you're further north.

 

But yeah, based on the length of your posts you have too much time on your hands. :)

Further south.  Chicago Harbor is downtown.  I am on Calumet River about 7 miles down river from Calumet Harbor.  Calumet Harbor is about 10 miles south of Chicago Harbor on L.Michigan in South Chicago.  This is the industrial corridor.  Both Chicago River and Calumet River-Sag Channel meet up downriver about 20 miles south and inland.

CAWS-basemap-765pxw.jpg

Both locks are similar... Sector-gated controlling works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

To Live and Die in LA

 

 

Those American cars can take a lickin' & keep on tickin'... Until you take your family to Disney World... Then you're stuck on the side of the road in God forsaken Georgia! LoL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Channel flipping today and just missed the car chase from Bullitt. Watched it on the youtube and to be honest it didn't quite live up to the memory, but still iconic. 

 

 

 

So what are your favorites?

 

..."Bullitt" easily....Smokey & The Bandit with Gleason and Reynolds was pretty funny...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a TV show, the Rockford Files had a good car chase in almost every episode.  I mean a good car chase, not Dukes of Hazard stuff. 

Not to mention the Rockford Files had one of the best theme songs on TV. 

I couldn’t find any good videos of car chases, but here's the theme song...

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already mentioned.  Bullitt, Ronin, Blues Brothers.

 

So I'm going to throw the opening of Baby Driver in the mix:

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So I'm going to throw the opening of Baby Driver in the mix...

I have never seen that.  Wow.

*

Does the taxi chase from ‘The Fifth Element’ count?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does the taxi chase from ‘The Fifth Element’ count?

 

No.  :lol:

 

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does the taxi chase from ‘The Fifth Element’ count?

 

I've heard Baby Driver described as several things: "What The Fast and Furious franchise should be," "A post-modern musical."  The latter is particularly apt, as the action is not just set to the soundtrack, but is set in time with the soundtrack (watch the clip again - all the action is timed to the music, including something as prosaic as the wipers moving to the beat of the song.  Throughout the movie. the gunshots emphasize the beats of songs - the ultimate set-piece, to Queen's Brighton Rock, is spectacular.)  And all the driving effects are practical effects, some of which are downright mind-blowing.

 

I hesitate to say it's a good movie - it's too atypical to make that general a statement.  But it's an extremely well-made movie, and if you're someone who routinely complains that there's no originality in Hollywood anymore, it's worth seeing.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Channel flipping today and just missed the car chase from Bullitt. Watched it on the youtube and to be honest it didn't quite live up to the memory, but still iconic. 

 

 

 

So what are your favorites?

Thats was the first really big chase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...